Photo

Is the Charlestown Train Safe and Road Legal?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

I have some questions,concerning the City of Charlestown's Christmas Train.

First has the train been inspected by the Indiana Department of Transportation and deemed safe for transporting passengers?

Secondly, If the Department of transportation has signed-off on the train's safety,does the driver or drivers of the train have to have a special liscence to carry passengers?

Third, I have noticed that Charlestown Mayor Bob Hall,occasionaly drives the train with passengers on board,if a C.D.L. or Chauffeur's liscence is needed,does he have the appropriate one?

Lastly,If the train, (God forbid) is involved in a accident due to equipment failure or driver neglect,would the driver,or the City of Charlestown be liable?
  • Sleepy likes this

#2 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:33 PM

While I have never seen this train, I do know that a Chauffeur's license is needed to carry passengers

• Sleepy likes this

#3 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:37 PM

Thank you, Woo, I would certainly hope someone from I.N.D.O.T or a City of Charlestown official would answer my concerns.

I have great grand-children,who love everything to do with Christmas and who are in love with the bright lights and noises that the train makes.

I was goin thru Charlestown,yesterday and saw two young ladies driving the train,not to say that they did not have the proper liscence.

I would,nt feel that I was a good great grand-father or a concerned citizen,if I did,nt at least raise these questions!

#4 Jeff all my Life

Jeff all my Life

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:38 AM

Right.

#5 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:19 AM

I don't know much about the train but do know that one of the bus drivers was driving it the other night. For those that haven't seen the train, it is pretty nifty. Whoever made it has a lot of skill.

#6 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:55 AM

Bob Hall drives it.   

#7 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:25 AM

Jeff all my Life,it means so much to me that you agree!(RIGHT)

#8 reddevilpride

reddevilpride

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:09 PM

Isn't that type of thing what happened at the Louisville Zoo a few summers ago? I can't remember details, but it was bad publicity. I do know, if Mr. Hall, or anyone else was driving the train, and my grandkids were injured, I am sure there would be answers that must be given, of course, to my lawyer!

• Old Pawpaw likes this

#9 DocElder64

DocElder64

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

Bob Hall drives it.   

The two times I have been on the train with my grandchildren, it has been Bob Hall driving it. I can bet you he does not have a proper license to drive it. I do know that the train went way too fast for the money you spend to see the lights and go around the small area of town.  They invite you to buy hot chocolate when you are waiting for the next train and all the turns they made caused our hot chocolate to spill and my granddaughter had first degree burns from it spilling on her, I personally will never go again. The train is neat but there needs to be qualified drivers for the train.

• Old Pawpaw likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users