Photo

Is a Charlestown City employee working at Charlestown High?

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#41 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:15 AM

City Boy

Was the employee disciplined??

#42 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:27 AM

But all I have read is insinuations of influencing students by people who don't like Hall.

Again, just because someone supports someone and/or something you don't like, doesn't mean they can't work in the school. Somewhere along the way it became correct to hate someone just because they disagree you politically. And that is very wrong.

I neither said nor insinuated that the employee attempted to influence students. I doubt that she did. It's a dead horse, but beat away.

Somewhere along the way on this thread it became correct to imply that those with whom you disagree hate someone else. 

#43 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:29 AM

City Boy

Was the employee disciplined??

She is not an employee of the school. She is an employee of the city. I hardly think Bob Hall would discipline her for something that he most certainly instructed her to do.

#44 Egghead

Egghead

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:40 AM

Sleepy: Honestly, I do not know for a fact how she is paid. But, I have not made any statement regarding how she is paid. Do you know for a fact what she is paid and where the funds come from? All I have heard is speculation...

Old papaw: I totally agree with you on keeping politics out of the schools, however that is a little hypocritical considering so many schools are used for as polling places. All that aside, do you know for a fact, not rumor and gossip, that she was instructed by the mayor to organize this meeting that never took place. Do you know for a fact that the principals did not request the meeting to discuss the plan since it would directly and indirectly affect the schools that they are responsible for? My mother was an elementary school principal and I know for a fact that she would have wanted to know as much about this project as she possibly could because at 5he end of the day her staffing and funding depended on two major factors, population and socioeconomic makeup. This project would have drastically changed those two factors. I honestly do not have the answer but I am sure not going to drag anyone through the mud until I have all the facts. That's just the way I was raised.

At what point should have the dialogue with the school system started? Or are you under the assumption that the school and the local government should never work cohesively?

#45 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:48 AM

Im just asking questions regarding pay.

I know Bob Halls past practices.

And I know she is not being paid as an aid. At aid rate.

Educated people helping our students is what I want.

Would you want a Military recruiter talking to your child who has never been in the military?

Would you want a person who can't cook speaking to your child about Chef school?

Would you want a person who did not graduate from college assisting your child with College prep?

We can do better.

Not trying to hurt feelings but we can do Better.

#46 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:50 AM

I'm with Jeff all my life, what are some specific examples of this person encouraging the students to support Hall?

Please read my Post #42.

How is counseling a college senior about options after they graduate considered politically motivated?

I'm not aware of a Post that made such a claim. I have no idea if the employee is counselling students.

where her pay comes from, who she voted for? Because at this point there are sevreal posts that are borderline slanderous

Her pay comes from the city. In my opinion, that is wrong, unless it is fully sanctioned by the City Council. That is not her wrong, that is Bob Hall's wrong.  I have no idea who she voted for, nor do I care. She is entitled to vote for whomever she wishes. 

"Borderline slanderous"?  If that is a reference to any of my posts,  I'll use Tina's tagline to respond: "If you think I'm going to go away or stop speaking out, you don't know me."

Edited by CityBoy, 16 December 2014 - 11:55 AM.

• Old Pawpaw likes this

#47 Egghead

Egghead

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:14 PM

Everyone has the right to speak out...however there is nothing good that can come from rumor mongering and hearsay.

Unfortunately, we has humans are fundamentally biased and seek to defend those biases. The only issue I have is when those defenses become Rumor mongering and hearsay and can negatively affect someone's reputation.

#48 Jeff all my Life

Jeff all my Life

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:19 PM

I was at the Charlestown City Council meeting on Dec.8th,the subject of the council meeting was the razing of the Pleasant Ridge Subdivision. One of the people who spoke in favor of the razing was a young lady that I was told is an employee of the City of Charlestown. This young lady suppossedly works at Charlestown High School as a college councilor or some type of college placement person.

I was wondering if anyone else had heard this and if so,how is she paid,and is this legal?

It seems to me that,"If" this young lady is an employee of Charlestown Mayor Bob Hall,it could be a distinct disadvantage for anyone running for political office against him. If this young lady is allowed to voice an opinion(that is in favor of Hall's agenda)to try to sway the public to the Mayor's way of thinking,it sure seems that this young lady could influence high school seniors to do the same.

Wow. It looks like there is more than one person commenting on this.

#49 JeffResident

JeffResident

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

Why would the principals need a liaison,do hostilities exist between the City Council and the principals,do they speak a different language than our council members?

This. Why exactly does there need to be a paid liason? This is how bureaucracies get larger. Pick up the diddly-dang phone and call them yourself, jeez. 

• Sleepy likes this

#50 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:06 PM

Egghead,working cohesively with the City of CHARLESTOWN must include the City Council of CHARLESTOWN.Not Bob Hall alone.

Bob Hall started the CHARLESTOWN Excellance in Education Foundation or CEEF for short,on his own,with-out consideration of the City Council.

Bob Hall hired the young lady (that is paid partly or in full) by the City of CHARLESTOWN.To work for his CEEF, Bob Hall's foundation (not the city's)again on his own.

Bob Hall spoke with the school system and convinced them to allow a space for his employee.On his own.(without council approval or consideration)

Bob Hall started his foundation(CEEF)and funded it with tax payer monies,with-out consulting the City Council.Again on his own.

Bob Hall informed the young lady(again an employee he hired on his own)about his resolution to raze Pleasant Ridge and she then arranged a meeting with the principles and two council people in private. One would have to come to the conclussion that Bob Hall, on his own convinced her to do so.

And some people get upset when others want to compare Bob Hall to a Dictator-Bob Hall earned this comparrison, on his own!

#51 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

At what point should have the dialogue with the school system started? Or are you under the assumption that the school and the local government should never work cohesively?

Once again: This is NOT a case of the school and local government working together. It is a case of the school and a private foundation working together. That foundation is CEEF, and it is totally controlled by Mayor Bob Hall. The city did not charter CEEF, although Hall misappropriated city funds to foot the bill for chartering HIS PRIVATE FOUNDATION. The city has no voice in the operation of CEEF.

Edited by CityBoy, 17 December 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#52 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:22 PM

What do you mean the city did not Charter CEEF?

If Hall misappropriated funds, the local principals 

had to be involved.  They are board members.

Please explain??

Edited by Sleepy, 17 December 2014 - 05:23 PM.

#53 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:53 PM

CEEF was incorporated July 15, 2009. Corporate reports were filed in 2010 and 2011, but none thereafter. It was "administratively dissolved" on Nov. 8, 2013. For what it's worth, I don't think contributions to CEEF made after that date are tax-deductible. This info is from the office of the Indiana Secretary of State.

https://secure.in.go...etails_ppv.aspx

The funds were misappropriated prior to the incorporation (lawyer's fee's etc.), so the school principals weren't yet on-board. I don't think they would have been a party to that. My guess is that -- like a lot of other people -- they think CEEF is a city-sponsored foundation.

• Sleepy likes this

#54 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:53 AM

We need to check into the reason for being dissolved.

My bet, is because proper reports and paperwork did

not get filed.

EN  Come On IN..

#55 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:54 AM

Sleepy,if your talking about the Evening News,don't hold your breath,they seem to be afraid of Bob Hall.
  • Sleepy likes this

#56 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:46 AM

We need to check into the reason for being dissolved.

My bet, is because proper reports and paperwork did

not get filed.

EN  Come On IN..

My guess is Hall simply quit paying the annual filing fee. Doesn't matter, though -- CEEF is his to do with as he sees fit. Because it's a private foundation, I'm quite sure the News and Tribune won't attempt to look into it. Don't blame them on this one, but I agree with Old Pawpaw: they seem to be afraid of Bob Hall.

#57 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

I'm still waiting for someone to say students have come home saying that they were encouraged to support Hall. Just because she supports something you don't like doesn't mean she can't work in the school.

I do not want a private citizen, much less a politician, to be granted the right to assign anyone to a position in any of our schools. Nor do I want the school administrators to acquiesce in something that is blatantly wrong. If you choose to condone this, be my guest. But be prepared for multiple examples of this, as other politicians come out of the woodwork when they demand the same accommodation from other school administrators. Sauce for the goose . . .

Edited by CityBoy, 18 December 2014 - 11:56 AM.

#58 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:24 PM

Do you know for a fact what she is paid and where the funds come from? All I have heard is speculation...

I could be wrong, but I think she stated that she was an employee of the city, when she spoke in favor of Hall's plan to raze Pleasant Ridge.

staffing and funding depended on two major factors, population and socioeconomic makeup. This project would have drastically changed those two factors. 

Egghead, I sincerely hope you don't think "socioeconomic makeup" is a valid reason for forcing people out of their homes and into debt. Our schools seem always to need more money. Maybe the need is genuine. If it is, then I would willingly pay more in property taxes before I became a party to what Mayor Hall attempted to do to the folks in Pleasant Ridge. In my opinion, anyone who is willing to treat people that way should be required to stand outside each elderly couple's home as they weep while the moving van loads their belongings for the last time.

If this is to become the paradigm in Charlestown, under Bob Hall's leadership, then look out folks, if you live anywhere in Charlestown that Hall deems to be blighted

Edited by CityBoy, 18 December 2014 - 01:11 PM.

• Old Pawpaw likes this

#59 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:32 PM

City Boy...

No blame to the principals involved?

My understanding is no money can be

spent with out a majority vote.

PR Principal

JJ Principal

CMS Principal

CHS Principal.

Please advise??

#60 pirate1

pirate1

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:40 PM

I can say the three years I was principal, ( fall of 2009 to spring of 2012 ) the CEEF foundation was private. It was funded by donations from individuals and businesses in and around Charlestown. And we are talking a considerable of money that Mr. Hall controlled. At that time myself and Chris Grayson had to sign each check to distribute funds, but it was usually only things that the mayor would approve or go along with.

Additionally, Mr. Hall is a master at getting what he wants. Principals were usually put in a position  to "agree" or he would rattle the trees at central office.

Edited by pirate1, 18 December 2014 - 01:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users