Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:46 AM

http://www.wdrb.com/...-county-indiana

#3 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:55 AM

I hear that all locations are now open...

#4 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:03 AM

Today's paper says they need EIGHTY SIX more voting machines, TEN more scanners, and 14 additional poll books.

They also need TWENTY THREE more voting locations.

They also have to be wi-fi locations.  Don't you just love the idea of a savvy hacker being able to manipulate elections?

I thought the whole point of vote centers was to consolidate and save?

To me, it sounds like the voting machine vendors have sold a crap bill of goods.  Let's hope if the movement comes to Clark the citizens fight LOUD and hard against it!

If Floyd County, with a smaller population, needs a total of 11+ 23(34) vote centers to make it work - well then Clark would probably need at closer to 50. We currently have 72.  Also, the article says they are pushing for more early voting and when you man the early voting locations - you totally lose out on any argued cost savings of less poll workers! 

Consolidating some of the smaller precincts makes more sense to me.  At Silver Creek High School SC06 & SC07 vote.  06 is huge and 07 has very few.  Yet they fully man 07.  Any line has been less than 30min Same with SC04 & SC05 which is a block away at the middle school.  They also have voting at the old elementary and less than a half a mile down the road at the American legion.  All of these could easily be consolidated - I would bet less than 1% of people walk to any polling location.  It was the same when I lived in Clarksville.   

The last argument for cost savings is the cost of ballots.  Tell you what Clark County - this strong fiscal conservative is willing to chip in a few extra dollars at tax time to pay for the paper expense.  How about you?

Edited by Tina, 08 January 2015 - 11:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users