231 replies to this topic

#181 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:58 PM

Why not just sell the hospital to LifePoint? That would get us off the hook for the debt ...and....put the hospital on the tax rolls.

• Tina likes this

#182 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:06 AM

As does your paranoia and misinformation.

Good day sir!

My good man, as the old saying goes," It doesn't matter how long you polish a T***D it is still a T***D".

Good luck polishing!

#183 MyMan

MyMan

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:32 AM

Am I the turd, is the hospital the turd, or are those in charge turds?

I'm confused.

Edited by MyMan, 06 February 2015 - 11:32 AM.

#184 Egghead

Egghead

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:38 AM

Why not just sell the hospital to LifePoint? That would get us off the hook for the debt ...and....put the hospital on the tax rolls.

This idea seems to be the most fically responsible way of handling the issue. Keeps Norton from handing the hospital back to the county in 5-10 years...
  • Not Super But Honest Mike and Tina like this

#185 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

Am I the turd, is the hospital the turd, or are those in charge turds?

I'm confused.

I was not referring to you.  I was referring to the original deal that was proposed.

It seems that you may be the one holding the polishing cloth.

#186 MyMan

MyMan

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:07 PM

I backed the Nortons takeover if the deal made sense.  The deal didn't make sense.  Hindsight is 20/20.

At least the it seems the hospital will be rescued and the county will get what they are expecting.  Things are looking better.

No excuse me, I have some turds to polish.

ahhgooddaysir!

#187 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:12 PM

I heard a rumor today....well lots of them.....but this one needs to be confirmed or denied.

I'm hearing there are MILLIONS missing from the employee retirement fund at the hospital. Not sure if the funds have been used by the hospital or if the funds were never put in place by the hospital. Anyway, I was told this is why Norton is no longer interested in the hospital.

Now this may sound like a wild rumor and normally I would dismiss it as pure BS. But, I have a friend working at the hospital and he told me that his expected retirement benefit had dropped last year from around $4600 a month to around $1500 a month. Says he has asked questions but has not been told a good reason for the drop. So the rumor makes a little sense to me......

Can ANYONE confirm or deny this?

#188 MyMan

MyMan

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:28 PM

The money Clark put into its funded retirement could not be touched by anyone! ANYONE. If everyone were to retire today, the pension would be short by nearly 19 million from what I've been told. It has fluctuated from 15 to 19 million. So I'm unsure the exact amount.

The Norton deal fell thru for various reasons.

Clark no longer adds to this particular pension. They match on the 403b up to do much, but it's another deal altogether.

The reason this pension has dropped in payout is likely because it isn't funded anymore.

#189 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:31 PM

Hospital deal moves closer to reality

Commissioners, council approve memorandum of understanding for sale of Clark Memorial

By MATT KOESTERS

JEFFERSONVILLE — The Clark County Commissioners and county council both voted unanimously Thursday to sign a memorandum of understanding with the Regional Healthcare Network of Kentucky and Southern Indiana LLC to negotiate the sale of Clark Memorial Hospital.

"I think it’s a great move,” said Commissioners President Jack Coffman. “It’s going to keep our hospital viable. ... It’s a saving grace for the hospital.

The memorandum of understanding, or MOU, does not assure the sale of the hospital, but memorializes key terms and allows for the due diligence process to move forward, said attorney Kevin Woodhouse with Indianapolis-based law firm Ice Miller. The commissioners hired Woodhouse to negotiate the sale of the hospital.

The commissioners, council, CMH board of directors and Regional Healthcare Network all must approve the final agreement for the hospital to change hands.

http://www.newsandtr...09d18aa210.html

Edited by Quasar, 26 February 2015 - 09:38 PM.
Removed copyright protected content. Added link.

#190 MyMan

MyMan

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:34 PM

Thumbs up.

#191 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:34 AM

I read in the paper about the pending sale of the hospital.  I was glad to see that we, the taxpayers, wouldn't be left holding the bag.

It also amazed me that someone hasn't challenged the hospital board and Mr. Padgett.

Previously, Mr. Padgett, stated in public that the original Norton offer was the best for all concerned.  I believe he said that the Life Point offer was not acceptable.  He stated that the Norton's offer was a much better fit for Clark County.  Of course the taxpayers would have stayed on the hook for $50 to $70 million dollars.

Now we have Life Point as a partner in the purchase that would will probably take all liability.  Has anyone questioned Mr. Padgett as to why he was so eager to accept the previous deal? 

It is a major relief that the taxpayers will be relieved.  It is fantastic that the employees retirement will be funded.  It is sad that someone that was willing to compromise the citizens of Clark County has not been brought to task.

Thanks to the commissioners for their due diligence.

Just one persons opinion.

Edited by Big Bopper, 27 February 2015 - 09:36 AM.

#192 MyMan

MyMan

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:27 PM

One thing I'm still unclear on:

Why should the hospital being giving free care to the jail?  This is very confusing to me  I could see the county paying a discounted set amount for all inmates each year, but why free?  This should not be the responsibility of the hospital anymore than the bonds should be the responsibility of the tax payers.

#193 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:37 PM

One thing I'm still unclear on:

Why should the hospital being giving free care to the jail?  This is very confusing to me  I could see the county paying a discounted set amount for all inmates each year, but why free?  This should not be the responsibility of the hospital anymore than the bonds should be the responsibility of the tax payers.

My position would depend on if they pay property taxes or not. Currently, as a non-profit, they do not.

#194 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:39 PM

They will be paying taxes

#195 MyMan

MyMan

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

Sounds like sweet deal for the county. LifePoint obviously is okay with it.

I'd be interested to see how much healthcare has been provided to the inmates in the last few years. I.E. how legit the claims are.

Even if they aren't paying taxes they still provide indigent care. Like I said, I could understand flat rate discounted fees. Just not free.

#196 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:04 PM

Sounds like sweet deal for the county. LifePoint obviously is okay with it.
I'd be interested to see how much healthcare has been provided to the inmates in the last few years. I.E. how legit the claims are.
Even if they aren't paying taxes they still provide indigent care. Like I said, I could understand flat rate discounted fees. Just not free.

Now aren't you glad you couldn't put a shine on that t**d. Thanks again to the commissioner's
No thanks to Mr. Padgett for the original try.

#197 MyMan

MyMan

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:26 AM

I still think Norton's alone would be a better fit. After speaking with Mr. Stephenson, I understood his point of view and why that deal was declined.

#198 MyMan

MyMan

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:28 AM

I am excited that Life Point seems eager to come in and take over. Seems like they will do a great job.

#199 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:58 AM

It's very refreshing to see our Commissioners and County Council putting the people of the county first!

#200 FatToes

FatToes

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:08 PM

As long as the continued patient care is given, it will be a good move

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users