11 replies to this topic

#1 JHS1982

JHS1982

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:29 PM

Quotation in tonight's N&T from AP sports writer, Michael Marot: "Crean lost 11 players from last season's roster - three via transfer, one to the NBA, and four who opted not to return."

SEVEN (7!!!) players who decided not to return to Tom Crean's program this year. Couple this with key recruiter & assistant coach Kenny Johnson who left the program to go to Louisville at the end of the season last year, one doesn't have to be a mental giant to figure out the Hoosier basketball program has issues!! Athletic Director Fred Glass: DO YOUR D A M N JOB AND MAKE THE NECESSARY CHANGES TO BRING THIS ONCE STORIED PROGRAM BACK TO PROMINENCE....WE FANS & ALUMNUS DESERVE BETTER!! CREAN HAS GOT TO GO!!! And for you Crean supporters who say, "But those 7 needed to go," BULL-HOCKEY!! You can't tell me that ALL SEVEN of those kids (AND a very good assistant coach) were turds and Tom Crean is better off without them. No, I've played enough athletics (including collegiately) to recognize a dysfunctional program when I see one. No......there's ONE turd that needs to be flushed from this program, & that's the HEAD TURD, Tom Crean!!! Losing 7 players & an asst. coach - you gotta look in the mirror at some point, Mr. Crean!!!

Better yet, a lot of the IU athletic programs have faltered under Fred Glass' watch, so let's clean house with the ENTIRE IU sports administration!! We're quickly becoming the joke of the Big Ten, thanks to you!!!

Strictly one diehard IU fan's opinion.....it KILLS me to say this & think this about my beloved Hoosiers!!!

Rod Daily

Edited by JHS1982, 30 October 2014 - 08:48 PM.

• Quasar likes this

#2 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:59 AM

I can't believe we've got to endure another year with Crean...
  • JHS1982 likes this

#3 JHS1982

JHS1982

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:13 PM

Can you believe it?? EASTERN WASHINGTON?? Un-freakin-believable!!!!! I'm a Hoosier fan through & through, but with Tom Crean at the helm, IU basketball has become an "irrelevant program," & the longer he remains the head coach, the further down the tubes the program will fall. Unfortunately, Fred Glass is too much of a dumbazz to realize this!!

Rod Daily
  • Quasar likes this

#4 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:33 AM

And... In Bloomington! No... I really can't believe it... I could round up a few Chatter members and take out Eastern Washington.

We've got to have a coach... And a new AD...
  • JHS1982 likes this

#5 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

Edited by Savile Row, 23 January 2015 - 07:02 PM.

#6 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:31 PM

Edited by Savile Row, 23 January 2015 - 07:03 PM.

#7 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:38 PM

Edited by Savile Row, 23 January 2015 - 07:04 PM.

#8 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:43 PM

Is coaching Indiana basketball still a 'great job'?
Matthew Glenesk,
matthew.glenesk@indystar.com
June 2, 2015
http://www.indystar....ogram/28300513/

Is Indiana University basketball an elite job?

Why are we talking about this at the end of May?

Well, Fred Hoiberg's defection from Iowa State to the Chicago Bulls provided the impetus for ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd to begin a debate with his staff on what constitutes a "great job" in college basketball.

Cowherd's assessment is that Iowa State is nowhere near a great job. Hoiberg built it into a successful one -- but not great, Cowherd argued.

Cowherd put Indiana on his list of "great jobs" joining the likes of Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Duke and North Carolina.

#9 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:04 PM

Dan Dakich said "Tom Crean schedules the lowest of the low in Division I to bring them in at home, so you're going to win 20 games every single year unless you completely screw it up."

#10 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:09 PM

Would Dan Dakich still take the job if it is offered?

The end of the Tom Crean era is in sight. It is time to plan ahead.

#11 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:20 PM

http://www.gannett-c...1-08-IUBB25.jpg

#12 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:45 PM

Spend whatever it takes to get Steve from UCLA... Be set for the next twenty-five years...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users