6 replies to this topic

#1 nononsense

nononsense

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:50 AM

How much longer will we allow the conflicts of interests, bullying , and non-accountability of this school board to continue? A rubber stamping group with little understanding of their role. Time for change! All incumbents should go! Election in one month. We can do better and at a reduced cost! Vote !

#2 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:08 PM

I think the same thing is true of EVERY school board.

Jim Smith proposed a bill this past session that would change school board races from being non-partisan to partisan.  I like the *idea* of non-partisan races, but let's be honest - it's typically not non-partisans that run.  They just get to hide their partisan leanings because they don't have to put them on the ballot.

#3 nononsense

nononsense

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:27 PM

Don't disagree. Time for change!

#4 nononsense

nononsense

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

Are there any other chatters or blogs for Floyd county?

#5 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:23 PM

Are there any other chatters or blogs for Floyd county?

No, I wish we could get more Floyd Co bloggers and watchers to come here.

I think I found the chatter because of a yard sign I believe.  I think the Chatter should do that again.

#6 nononsense

nononsense

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

Thanks you for your reply. I find it so hard to believe that a county the size of Floyd has no chatter. Sad! Does no one care?

• Tina likes this

#7 nononsense

nononsense

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

One last attempt to elicit any responses. I don't know how anyone could vote for the current school board members. A few years ago they passed a compact to never vote against ANY recommendation the superintendent would bring forth. Check the record ! They (thoses up for re-election) have voted precisely that way. They abdicated their responsibility as elected representatives of our community! They should not to be elected or re-elected for anything! No understanding of their function and role. Also, I have noticed a large digital billboard urging their re-election. Costly no doubt! Who is paying for this? I have my thoughts and they would involve a conflict of interest. Please respond and vote these people out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users