#1 Hippyitis

Hippyitis

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:04 AM

Good morning!

I'm new to town and was wondering about a recycling program? Does Sellersburg have one? Info on that please?

Also, does Sellersburg have any ordinances against turning your entire front yard into a garden? I'm thinking of utilizing my front lawn space as a place to grow food, herbs, etc. I've skimmed the posted ordinances on the town website, but did I miss a rule regarding this? Has anyone ever heard of someone trying this? Plain-old-boring grass seems like such a waste of space!

Thank you!

• kelley and snowman like this

#2 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:33 PM

Welcome to Chatter! 

Sorry I don't know the answers to your questions, but somebody on CCC will!  Give it time, we slow down on the weekend postings!  Well, I've heard that some chatterers do!  LOL!

#3 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:31 AM

I hope you do it next Spring.

#4 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:14 AM

Good morning!

I'm new to town and was wondering about a recycling program? Does Sellersburg have one? Info on that please?

Also, does Sellersburg have any ordinances against turning your entire front yard into a garden? I'm thinking of utilizing my front lawn space as a place to grow food, herbs, etc. I've skimmed the posted ordinances on the town website, but did I miss a rule regarding this? Has anyone ever heard of someone trying this? Plain-old-boring grass seems like such a waste of space!

Thank you!

i love the idea of front yard gardens... hope you do it. here's a link that shows some of the really neat ways you can do it.

https://www.google.c...rden%2F;730;425

#5 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:09 AM

Not sure on your questions, but the town council meets tonight at 7pm, across from the post office!  The town attorney would probably know!

#6 dman

dman

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:13 PM

we do have curbside recycling every other week (mine in particular is on Fridays)

http://www.recyclecl...arkcounty.org/ 

and

I have no idea about the front yard garden thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users