#1 LittleBirdie

LittleBirdie

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

http://www.newsandtr...19bb2963f4.html

It seems as though PETA has asked the USDA to investigate Wildlife in Need, Inc. and owner Tim Stark, for mistreating a tiger cub.  Although I rarely agree with PETA's views and tactics, after watching the video I think some of their allegations concerning Mr. Stark may be legitimate.  I find it disturbing that he continues to offer opportunities to interact with exotic animals for a fee.

http://www.petaprevi..._8.2.2014_1.asp

#2 WalkerStalker812

WalkerStalker812

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:11 AM

Just to check that I'm not hearing and seeing things, is this guy really cussing and throwing up middle fingers at his "sanctuary?"

#3 karen

karen

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:44 AM

Yes.  When you enter he tells you that if you do not want your children to hear that type of language you should leave.  He is very arrogant and rude.  Playing with the baby tigers was a great experience.  It's just sad that we had to deal with this guy to do it!

#4 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

PETA's "Person of the Year 2010"   Pamela Anderson.

#5 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

If PETA doesn't like him, he can't be all bad!

• Pesty Version 2 and jiyabird like this

#6 TrishR

TrishR

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

This man has been abusing animal for years to stroke his huge ego. He is a Jack Hanna wanta be. Clark Co has NO laws prohibiting it, he gets away with  it and these helpless animals suffer. The public and his neighbors have complain for years but have been ignored. 

Then he started breeding Tigers, Lemurs, Hyena's and other exotics and taking them to public events, charging for pictures and then selling the exotics for profit to God only knows who! The USDA has gotten involved and there is still an ongoing investigation. To read the USDA initial report click on this link. 

http://911animalabus...ark2013USDA.pdf

For entire story check out FB "Wildlife in Need, Indeed?"

• iRescue likes this

#7 RiverFox

RiverFox

Resident Historian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:28 PM

I hadn't noticed this thread before today.
Was following the "PETA" thread and ended up here.

I find this very interesting.

Leopard shot and killed in Charlestown yard
Posted: Jun 21, 2013 10:28 PM EDT   Updated: Aug 05, 2013 10:32 PM EDT
The juvenile cat was shot in a yard off Highway 3 in Charlestown, IN.

From the link in the previous post.

DATE: 28 JUN 2013

Leopards :  There were acquisition records present for 2 spotted Leopard cubs (received 10/30/2012 and cited

above in section 2.40 (b)(2)). No spotted leopards were present at the time of inspection. There was no

disposition record and no documentation of the death / euthanasia for either of these animals.

:hmm:

• Russell Brooksbank likes this

#8 TrishR

TrishR

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

Everyone knows leopard came from Wildlife in Need. Tim Stark continues to deny. 

A honest, caring person would reported the leopard missing so that neighbors could have been aware of the danger. He's just lucky it was family pets that were killed, it could have been someone's child or grandchild.

• RiverFox and iRescue like this

#9 RiverFox

RiverFox

Resident Historian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:28 PM

The guy's definitely a piece of work.

Claiming to be a nonprofit rescue while running a sideshow.
Claiming to rescue "an extinct species" while just being a breeder. (actually an inbreeder)

You could write an entire book on this one.

The original video link doesn't work anymore so ...

EDIT: Well it's working again. :logik:  I'll leave this one here anyway. :laugh:

And another one I thought appropriate ... ... idiot!

Maybe his ego will make him a bit too careless.

Edited by RiverFox, 19 September 2014 - 09:39 PM.

#10 RiverFox

RiverFox

Resident Historian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

Claiming to rescue "an extinct species" while just being a breeder. (actually an inbreeder)

http://bigcatrescue....s/white-tigers/

It's mostly about white tigers but it pertains even more to Golden Tabby tigers.

#11 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:11 AM

Of course he is eccentric.... he has a big ego....he HAS to be to do what he does.   All I can tell you is I've seen wild animals in zoos all my life...none of them looked as healthy and alive as the ones Tim has in his compound.  I also know he has taken care of all kinds of wild animals brought to him by DNR and others when there was no where else to take them.  But, yeah...he probably isn't your average, 9-5,  time clock punching guy that 'fits in'. 

• jiyabird likes this

#12 RiverFox

RiverFox

Resident Historian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:04 PM

Well, well councilor, I was wondering when you'd show up.   :rolleyes:
I believe that the rationalizations the apologists on Fatal Attractions use
are "loner", "maverick", "nonconformist" and, my favorite, the oh so understated "different".  

I just like to think of them as "special". (and a few other politically incorrect terms)

#13 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

Got me...lol!

#14 TrishR

TrishR

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

No organizations bring wildlife to Tim Stark. They stopped years ago when they found he was feeding the injured wildlife to the tigers. 

Ask any DNR officer or animal agency they will confirm. 

#15 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:26 PM

I know for a fact they did.  I know for a fact that they also brought deer and raptors.  I imagine he did feed wounded animals that he could not 

recover to other animals. That's just nature.  

#16 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:30 PM

As for me, i only eat vegan sandwiches.

#17 TrishR

TrishR

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:07 AM

Petsy, I know for fact that they did bring injured wildlife to him but NO MORE, not for last few years. 

Ask candidate Mac Spainhour, DNR officier Bo Spainhour, animal control officier Mike Ettel, or New Albany shelter Director David Hall. 

#18 JenS

JenS

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:45 PM

I dont know the 'whole' story and God help him if he is abusing these animals, but I have to speak up about MY experience.   I took my mother there in December as she had Stage 3 lung cancer and wanted nothing in the world more than than to play with the cubs.   First, Tim and the entire staff were absolutely Amazing.  My mothers bald head definitely made her cancer obvious.   They took it upon themselves to make it an absolutely great day for her.   I will always be thankful for what they did for her.    To the point about 'hitting' the cubs....Tim explained (and rightfully so) that these are wild animals and in the wild, their mother 'hits' them when they 'misbehave'.   He is absolutely accurate in that statement.   To 'us' the behavior seems harsh, but IT IS what they know.    What I saw and my interaction indicated to me that he loves these animals.   

Again, let me state emphatically, that IF what I saw was wrong and those people are abusing animals then I will be happy to lead the pitchfork parade but I do feel that the 'other side' should at least be stated. 

• beatleschick, Pesty Version 2, jiyabird and 1 other like this

#19 Woodslover

Woodslover

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:47 AM

Well the Report has been made public.

For the safety of the visitors and the people who live in the area, it will be interesting to see what comes of this.

#20 RiverFox

RiverFox

Resident Historian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:43 PM

http://kycir.org/201...ildlife-refuge/

I just wish that PETA wasn't involved. They tend to have less than average credibility.

• kelley, Quasar, CityBoy and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users