15 replies to this topic

#1 FrGloverIII

FrGloverIII

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

Can anyone confirm this rumor of a new hotel off 62 near the car wash? If so, who is the developer?

A new hotel would be great for Charlestown's rather lackluster tourism, hopefully bringing in overnight money which would boost other local businesses.

#2 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:47 AM

http://www.wdrb.com/...o-indiana-towns

#3 technology overloaded

technology overloaded

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

a boost or a place for crack? most hotel/motels in the area have a serious crack/meth problem. having a motel in the country would attract these individuals very easily. give it time and the problem individuals that clog up the meth clinic will be looking at a new motel as a haven for their addictions. im not saying anything bad against this particular hotel chain or motels in general but when a motel is empty, they usually discount the rooms deeply just to pay the bills. i hope this incoming motel/hotel does not hinder the development of the inn at charlestown state park.

#4 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:40 AM

Overloaded, have you been to Charlestown lately? It isn't as busy as Jeff but a far cry from being country anymore. I will be surprise if this motel doesn't do a great business. With all the business in River Ridge that have people come in from out of town, people wanting to visit Charlestown State Park, people traveling, etc. There are no motels between Charlestown and Madison. People that visit from out of town usually stay at motels in Sellersburg.

Th inn at the park is years down the road and why would that make a difference? Two separate experiences.

I would hope that people that go to the meth clinic wouldn't be doing other drugs and if they have a home you aren't going to find them renting rooms....some maybe but not a lot. Most come out of meth clinic and head to the interstate. You may remember when Charlestown was considered a sleepy, dirty little town. It is not that today. Do we still have problems like every town, yes. Give the motel a chance before having it drug infested.

#5 GuyInTheCountry

GuyInTheCountry

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

With an anticipated opening in the fall, they best get cracking on constructing it! I can think of a few better things to build besides a hotel ........

#6 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

They are making progress but wouldn't hold my breath for this fall. I think a motel is ok...wouldn't be my first choice but it's not my money. I do hope it does well for them.

#7 GuyInTheCountry

GuyInTheCountry

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

They are making progress but wouldn't hold my breath for this fall......

I believe the "progress" you are referring to are more apartments, not the hotel. I could be wrong though. I thought the hotel was to be built closer to the Medical Office.

#8 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:56 PM

Does anybody know when the Hotel is suppose to open,and if so what are the prices? I have realitives with kids coming in for Christmas and I don't have the room or the patience!!!

#9 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:51 AM

I have heard that Mayor Hall is holding some type of Mayor's convention at the new hotel. I assume his key note speech will be to inform the other Mayors on how to get rid of unwanted segments of their cities or towns. If these Mayors are coming to Charlestown to learn from Bully Bob,maybe these other enities need to scrutinize how their tax dollars are being spent?

#10 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:21 AM

I bet not a single other mayor closes the city pool on Sunday. Beats me how even the strongest of Hall's supporters can condone this.
  • Old Pawpaw likes this

#11 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:27 PM

Haaaaaaaaaaaa

#12 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:10 PM

Kelly,if Bob Hall is concerned with saving souls,maybe he should read the part about widows and the poor! Maybe I missed the part that talked about kicking people out of their homes?  It just came to me,the people in Pleasant Ridge can stay at the new hotel!  Wait, on second thought it may become a little expensive!

Edited by Old Pawpaw, 07 November 2014 - 04:22 PM.

• kelley and Sleepy like this

#13 Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:49 AM

Opening is set for December 5th... we will see

#14 What the What

What the What

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

Has anyone been to the new hotel yet?  If so, how is it?

#15 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:14 AM

I drove by the new hotel this weekend,it seemed to be occupied only by employees,is it open?

#16 What the What

What the What

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:44 AM

I heard that they are open, but they have not advertised because they don't have everything done yet (ie. the pool).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users