• Please log in to reply
765 replies to this topic

#41 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

Did she used to be married to John Perkins?

Yes....

#42 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

I am hearing a past school board members name. But not Becka

#43 CaptainPicard

CaptainPicard

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

Honestly now, in recent memory when you think about how the Greater Clark County School Board has conducted itself, the decisions they have made, the hiring and firings, election promises made and broken, conflicts of interest, etc., could you even make this stuff up? What an embarrassing and dysfunctional group of supposed leaders. Vote them out, vote them all out!!!!!

P.S. And believe me, if a certain male board member tries for re-election there is more embarrassment to come. You just cannot have certain behaviors and not expect repercussions. You cannot help adopt student handbooks and then break the rules in said handbooks.
  • GrumpyGranny, Not Super But Honest Mike, CityBoy and 4 others like this

#44 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

My sources say she will stay on board.  Poor decision by her in my view.

Do as I say not as I do.

Agree, this is a poor decision.

Contingent upon the video showing guilt - I assume there will be a plea agreement for something less than a felony, some restitution and probably probation.  Even with THE BEST CASE scenario such as that, she should step down from a position where she is considered a role model for the children the board serves.   Even getting a lighter sentence doesn't negate what it will teach the children.

There are "mistakes" and then there is what is seen as a sense of entitlement.  What would this teach GCCS children?  

• GrumpyGranny, Quasar, MoeMomma and 2 others like this

#45 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

Tell us more Captain....no one got arrested did they?

Edited by Sleepy, 07 July 2014 - 03:41 PM.

• Becka Christensen likes this

#46 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

Whould someone PLEASE explain to me HOW Diana got dragged into this? I have read the posts over and over and don't understand how Sugar Maples and Diana appeared in the middle of this all of a sudden.
I have known her since high school and think the world of her and this concerns me.
This seems to happen alot of the time with postings, information will come out of the blue as if it has been being discussed all along when that is not the case.
Thank you.
  • Not Super But Honest Mike and new newer newest like this

#47 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

Jiya, Truth B Told mentioned Sugar Maples then apparently thought better and deleted the post. Looking back at the post as shown quoted in another post, it doesn't appear that the poster meant anything bad about Sugar Maples itself but was hinting at something or trying to start a rumor about Teresa. Since the poster saw fit to delete the post, I think it would be best if no further mention of Sugar Maples was made in regard to the subject matter of this thread.

Much of the info that comes out of the blue in any topic is just speculation or an attempt to stir the pot, and should not be taken seriously.  

#48 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

Sugar Maples is a wonderful antique store and has absolutely nothing to do with this thread!  I've bought many items from them and still treasure those finds. 

• GrumpyGranny and jiyabird like this

#49 TeacherKY

TeacherKY

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

I'm saddened, as an educator, that we do not hold our elected school board members to the same standards as we do educators.

My second statement is really a question to the group. If Ms Perkins is willing to steal, if she is found guilty, then would she be willing to defraud or steal from the GCSS? Just a question from one taxpayer to others.
  • Becka Christensen and firefly1937 like this

#50 Truth B Told

Truth B Told

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

Sorry to be so concrete. A thief is a thief.
This charge will be lowered to something ridiculous .

Some will say it wasn't theft look at the charge.

It is theft, plain and simple.

I am very sad this happened.
  • Becka Christensen, firefly1937 and backinthegame like this

#51 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

Jiya, Truth B Told mentioned Sugar Maples then apparently thought better and deleted the post. Looking back at the post as shown quoted in another post, it doesn't appear that the poster meant anything bad about Sugar Maples itself but was hinting at something or trying to start a rumor about Teresa. Since the poster saw fit to delete the post, I think it would be best if no further mention of Sugar Maples was made in regard to the subject matter of this thread.

Much of the info that comes out of the blue in any topic is just speculation or an attempt to stir the pot, and should not be taken seriously.

Please, not the ballbat again Granny! I innocently ask a question and STILL get in trouble!!! Geeze, I can't win for losing...bad fingers, BAD- BAD FINGERS!!!! :( :( :(

#52 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

Sugar Maples is a wonderful antique store and has absolutely nothing to do with this thread!  I've bought many items from them and still treasure those finds.

It is such a treat to go in there.
Diana has such talent in making little surpise treasures for sale and she has the most wonderful decorating skills and great taste in her choices of things to sell.
Her home is awesome too, it was part of the Xmas tour.
I spend TOO much $$$ when I go there, shame on me!

#53 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

Please, not the ballbat again Granny! I innocently ask a question and STILL get in trouble!!! Geeze, I can't win for losing...bad fingers, BAD- BAD FINGERS!!!! :( :( :(

Why on earth do you read "I'm in trouble" in my reply to you? For heavens sake, you asked how Diana and Sugar Maples got drug into this thread days ago, and I explained. Dam n, try to be civil and answer a question for you, and get accused of using the baseball bat. Next time I'll just let you wonder... 

#54 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

Why on earth do you read "I'm in trouble" in my reply to you? For heavens sake, you asked how Diana and Sugar Maples got drug into this thread days ago, and I explained. Dam n, try to be civil and answer a question for you, and get accused of using the baseball bat. Next time I'll just let you wonder...

Maybe because it started out with 'Jiya' and ended up saying 'it would be better if no further mention of SM was made.'
Never the mind. I got a couple of pm's that cleared up my poor befuddled mind (thank ya'll).
Geeze Granny, I was just trying to joke around with you anyway, sorry it was difficult to be civil to me.

#55 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

Donna, buy any jewelry there?

I've  known Diana  for only a few years and I've known her to be very honest.  Just don't make 'em like her anymore!

• jiyabird and Becka Christensen like this

#56 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:41 AM

Does anyone know from article if the alleged stolen items have been returned?

#57 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

I hope everyone will step back and take a deep breath over all of this involving Teresa.

None of us really knows what happened but we do know how the media blows things out of proportion just for sensationalism.

All of us have done SOMETHING in each of our lives that was either wrong or we are not proud of or would be embarrassed for others to know about. "YE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN...."

Diana and Teresa are best friends and other than standing by her best friend, which as the loyal, trusting person she is, will undoubtedly do, there is so reason to insinuate anything more about her or her shop.

If something wrong truly happened I am sure it will be dealt with accordingly, if not I hope the truth comes out.

Regardless, I am afraid Ms. Perkin's reputation is forever besmerched.

I hope this does not effect her professional career but due to the viciousness of people that may not be preventable.

Even though it is the law "Innocent until PROVEN guilty" SOME... (NOTE)...SOME people can't seem to get that wonderful statement thru their thick skulls.

Ask yourselves, have you EVER been accused of something you DIDN'T do? I have and it is a terrifying feeling to try and prove your innocence when it seems as if all the odds and everyone is against you.

I know she has a great and loving heart for animals in trouble around the area and does all she can to help them. I assisted her once in seeing to it one doggy found it's way home after being lost for over a year.

I hope you all can be compassionate enough to wait for the truth to come out instead of making yourselves the prosecution, judge and jury.

Edited by jiyabird, 08 July 2014 - 10:56 AM.

#58 TeacherKY

TeacherKY

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

Says here her term ends Dec 31, 2016.
http://gcs.k12.in.us/wordpress/?p=8411

First thing that came to my mind was:
-If she is found guilty she shouldn't be around for re-election.

The story on the incident does not make it clear when the store owner discovered the missing items. Did he discover things were missing on Feb 15th or later?

She was indicted on May 12 and didn't show back up in TN till June 25 to turn her self in or surrender as the story puts it.

Why the big gap in time I wonder? Feb 15 to May 12 to June 25. Have no clue. Just seems like a long time.

I think the voters of her district need to allow her the opporunity to a trial, but should demand her removeal from the school board until her name is cleared.  THERE NEEDS TO BE A MORALS CLAUSE WHEN WORKING FOR THE SCHOOL SYSTEM.  As a teacher, I am held to a higher standard for behavior, why shouldn't our elected officials?  What example are we setting for students?   

Edited by TeacherKY, 08 July 2014 - 10:46 AM.

• MoeMomma, Becka Christensen, backinthegame and 1 other like this

#59 MoeMomma

MoeMomma

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:39 AM

I hope everyone will step back and take a deep breath over all of this involving Teresa.

None of us really knows what happened but we do know how the media blows things out of proportion just for sensationalism.

All of us have done SOMETHING in each of our lives that was either wrong or we are not proud of or would be embarrassed for others to know about. "YE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN...."

Diana and Teresa are best friends and other than standing by her best friend, which as the loyal, trusting person she is, will undoubtedly do, there is so reason to insinuate anything more about her or her shop.

If something wrong truly happened I am sure it will be dealt with accordingly, if not I hope the truth comes out.

Regardless, I am afraid Ms. Perkin's reputation is forever besmerched.

I hope this does not effect her professional career but due to the viciousness of people that may not be preventable.

Even though it is the law "Innocent until PROVEN guilty" people can't seem to get that wonderful statement thru their thick skulls.

Ask yourselves, have you EVER been accused of something you DIDN'T do? I have and it is a terrifying feeling to try and prove your innocence when it seems as if all the odds and everyone is against you.

I know she has a great and loving heart for animals in trouble around the area and does all she can to help them. I assisted her once in seeing to it one doggy found it's way home after being lost for over a year.

I hope you all can be compassionate enough to wait for the truth to come out instead of making yourselves the prosecution, judge and jury.

You're right.....none of us know what really happened.

As far as my thick skull.  I do "get" innocent until proven guilty.  So, one thick skull down, a lot more to go, I guess.

I'm sure sometime in my life I have been accused of something I didn't do.  The difference here is that I have NEVER been indicted by a Grand Jury for felony theft.  Seems to me that is a big difference, guess I could be wrong.

I don't know Ms. Perkins personally, she seems like a very nice person that has given a lot to the community, but she is an elected official, under indictment.  I feel that she should resign. That's my opinion and there it is for what it's worth.......which is not much :laugh:

• TLIES, Becka Christensen and TeacherKY like this

#60 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

Board members do have a code of ethics.....look it up on GCCS website.

Similar to state of Indiana    May find it interesting.

• Becka Christensen likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users