765 replies to this topic

#1 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

The Evening News is reporting that a school board member has been arrested in Tennessee for felony shoplifting.

http://www.newsandtr...ed-in-Tennessee

#2 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

WOW!!!!

Becka may not hold a bunch of fancy degrees and certifications like Teresa, but I'd bet the house we would never be reading anything like this about Becka...

• Becka Christensen and TeacherKY like this

#3 Truth B Told

Truth B Told

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

Resign. Best for all.

#4 TuListo

TuListo

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

I wonder if this is the first time she has done this (steal)? Provided the video tape of her stealing is accurate and she admits guilt or is found guilty.

This is very sad.

http://www.newschann...lin-shoplifting

Edited by TuListo, 03 July 2014 - 11:35 PM.

#5 JeffResident

JeffResident

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

In no way would I have ever voted for Ms. Perkins for any reason for any office.

Still, I can't help but think there's some mistake. I don't question her integrity, never have. I hope this gets straightened out. It's hard to believe.

#6 Truth B Told

Truth B Told

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

Jeff
Do u think she just one day accidentally stole 50 items !!!!!
I was born at night, not last night.

#7 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

I'm still speechless.
  • firefly1937 likes this

#8 karen

karen

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

Some of us (me) cannot access the Evening News link.  What are the details?

#9 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

Click the link at the bottom of post #6

#10 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Delete your cookies and browsing history.

• kelley likes this

#11 karen

karen

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

Thanks!   When is she up for re election?

#12 TuListo

TuListo

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

Says here her term ends Dec 31, 2016.
http://gcs.k12.in.us/wordpress/?p=8411

First thing that came to my mind was:
-If she is found guilty she shouldn't be around for re-election.

The story on the incident does not make it clear when the store owner discovered the missing items. Did he discover things were missing on Feb 15th or later?

She was indicted on May 12 and didn't show back up in TN till June 25 to turn her self in or surrender as the story puts it.

Why the big gap in time I wonder? Feb 15 to May 12 to June 25. Have no clue. Just seems like a long time.

#13 TuListo

TuListo

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

Super
Hearing this is just brink of the Iceberg
What is Sugar Maples?
What do they sell?

OOOOOHHHH MY!
I just put it together. Potentially not good.

#14 MoeMomma

MoeMomma

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:59 AM

I also wondered about the time line.  Thinking it may be quite problematic if there is video evidence.  Maybe it took longer to piece together her identity, since she is just on video.  I don't know......it really is a shocking story. 

#15 aerial

aerial

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

Teresa Perkins is a friend of mine.  That is all I am going to say on that.  Jeff Resident, thank you.  No one can know what this kind of thing does to a person.  If integrity truly mattered people wouldn't kick someone when their down and then to make a giant leap and question Sugar Maples?  Diane and Mac Kircher have served this community well, for that you should feel ashamed.  Teresa Perkins has served this community well.  She has taught, mentored, encouraged, and fought for people all her life.  Larry was right.  As long as she owns this, and she has and works to make it right who are you to judge her?  "Let he without sin cast the first stone", IM you put a sign in my yard for school board and I voted for you because I didn't think you practiced putting people down, I hope I was right.  When a person is in pain you should reach out to them, show some compassion and wait for the justice system to do its thing and for Teresa to do what she needs too to set it right.  Have a happy fourth of July and thank God if you are sinless and without any issues at all.

• Jules and Leah like this

#16 Truth B Told

Truth B Told

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:13 PM

There is never a bad time to do the right thing.
  • karen likes this

#17 Serve

Serve

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

Teresa Perkins is a friend of mine.  That is all I am going to say on that.  Jeff Resident, thank you.  No one can know what this kind of thing does to a person.  If integrity truly mattered people wouldn't kick someone when their down and then to make a giant leap and question Sugar Maples?  Diane and Mac Kircher have served this community well, for that you should feel ashamed.  Teresa Perkins has served this community well.  She has taught, mentored, encouraged, and fought for people all her life.  Larry was right.  As long as she owns this, and she has and works to make it right who are you to judge her?  "Let he without sin cast the first stone", IM you put a sign in my yard for school board and I voted for you because I didn't think you practiced putting people down, I hope I was right.  When a person is in pain you should reach out to them, show some compassion and wait for the justice system to do its thing and for Teresa to do what she needs too to set it right.  Have a happy fourth of July and thank God if you are sinless and without any issues at all.

Poor Teresa.....

Edited by Serve, 04 July 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#18 karen

karen

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

You are right.  Friends shouldn't kick a friend when they are down and should be there to help.  However a community who has elected a person to an office and trusted that person to do what is best for the children of the community has the right to hold the elected person accountable at a higher standard.  I suggest everyone wait until this plays out and if found guilty she should do what is best for the community she has served well and step down from her position.  We are all capable of making mistakes and this is a big one for an elected official.  The question is whether she will serve her community well by doing what is right for GCCS instead of herself?  

• TeacherKY likes this

#19 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

I'm not sinless, but I don't take things that don't belong to me. pretty simple really. Oh, and I'm not an elected/appointed official, who takes things that don't belong to them (okay, that pretty much applies to all elected/appointed officials). Great, she's done a lot for the community, she's a great person, she's a wonderful human being all the way around.....whatever.....she steals from a business, or from anyone, for that matter, she is a thief. You can let her guard your henhouse if you want, but I won't.
  • firefly1937 and backinthegame like this

#20 Truth B Told

Truth B Told

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

I disagree my parents owned a grocery. People who Allegedly steal from businesses are not good people. I'm sorry
  • firefly1937 and backinthegame like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users