http://www.newsandtr...council-meeting

#22 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:25 PM

Tina, do you know if the city got the grant? Have you heard where the mayor is getting the rest of the money if people did sale? This is going to end up a kettle of worms no matter which way it goes.

#23 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

No, sorry.

#24 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

Bob Hall’s application for a “Blight Elimination” grant contains this statement: “In 2000, it [Pleasant Ridge] was labeled as blighted by the city.”  THAT IS AN OUTRAGEOUS LIE, and he knows it. The document he submitted to support his lie is a Resolution that declares as blighted an area that DOES NOT INCLUDE PLEASANT RIDGE.

But Bulldog Bob will not be denied. He is using his hand-picked Redevelopment Commission to further his goal to level Pleasant Ridge. That group recently passed two Resolutions, in which they:

• Designated Pleasant Ridge as “an area needing redevelopment.
  • Gave themselves the authority to “SELECT and ACQUIRE areas needing redevelopment.”
  • Gave themselves the authority to “RE-PLAN and DISPOSE OF the areas needing redevelopment.”
  • Gave themselves the authority to spend $450,000 of TIF revenue, to be used to extend the city’s TIF district TO INCLUDE PLEASANT RIDGE, and for the redevelopment of that area.

WAKE UP, CHARLESTOWN RESIDENTS. The day might come when Bob Hall’s abuse of power will chase you out of your homes. It’s already being rumored that he next plans to go after the homes on First St. through Fifth St. in North Charlestown.

#25 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:44 AM

Who is on the redevelopment committee now?

I don't see taking people's homes...what help do you think that area needs? Our street needs for one neighbor to stop dumping trash from his truck onto his yard with a trash can within 100 feet. Nice fellow...just a real slop. Street great other than that.

#26 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

http://cityofcharles...ent-commission/

Redevelopment Commission

The Charlestown Redevelopment Commission is a public body, established in 2003 to eliminate blight and enhance economic opportunity in the City of Charlestown. Development projects in Charlestown include commercial, industrial, retail and education.

The mission of the Charlestown Redevelopment Commission is to create an environment in the City of Charlestown that encourages business growth and expanded opportunities for the city’s residents.

Five commissioners sit on the Charlestown Redevelopment Commission; three are appointed by the mayor and two by the city council. The commission identifies and evaluates areas of opportunity and implements improvement programs. The redevelopment director reports to the commission, and is charged with leading the city’s redevelopment efforts, including attracting new businesses to the city, implementing growth initiatives and pursuing grant funding from both private and government sources.

The Charlestown Redevelopment Commission is primarily funded by the city’s tax increment financing district, grants, property leases and the purchase and sale of property.

Current members are:

• Mayor Bob Hall (President)
  • David Flowe
  • Steve Allen
  • Terry Pierce
  • Ted Little

Looks like they meet on the second Wed of the month.  Next meeting will be Aug 13th.

Edited by Tina, 07 August 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#27 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

The City Council met last Thurs., Aug. 21, to hear from a developer how Mayor Hall's plan would work. Small problem: The public wasn't allowed to attend -- just the developer and the president of a local bank. Obviously the Pleasant Ridge property owners don' t count, because they were denied admittance. I'm pretty sure such meetings are a clear violation of state statutes. But, hey, Mayor Bob has proven numerous times that he is above the law.
  • SIwatcher likes this

#28 Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:10 AM

In addition to Pleasant Ridge, they declared North Charlestown as blighted in 2000. The area designated is as follows,

"Beginning at the intersection of State Road 3 Qv.farket Street) and the Charlestown,
Indiana northern City limit line;
Thence, with said northern City limit line, northe&~ard approximately 1,650 feet to
the eastern City limit line, said eastern City limit line being common to the Baltimore
and Ohio Railroad (Clark Siding) right-of-way;
Thence, with said eastern City limit line, southeastward approximately 5,000 feet to a
point in a line described as the centerline of Fulkerson A venue extended;
Thence, v.ith said center line of Fulkerson Avenue extended and Fulkerson Avenue,
southwest ward approximately 1,900 feet to Momoe Street;
Thence, leaving said center line of Fulkerson southwestward with the meanders of
Pleasant Run Creek, approximately 2,100 feet to Park Street;
Thence, with Park Street southwestward approximately 600 feet to said State Route 3
(market Street);
Thence with said State Route 3 (Market Street) approximately 7,700 feet to the
beginning of this description.
The above description tract contains 300 acres more or less. "

Razed Pleasant Ridge now, north Charlestown, next?

#29 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

Wow Dave Flowe still on the Mayors hip pocket....This guy is the biggest YES Man in the history of the US

Ted Little used to be against him,  Mayor Bob gave him a little power since he could never get elected and you have YES Man # 2

3-2 vote every time.   Stand Up or Stand Down.  It is time to decide.

#30 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:00 AM

Did anyone ever answer the question how is Mayor Bob paying for the teaching position/college readiness position

he gave to Charlestown high school.  Nice girl  not sure mayor should be paying for this.  Is it Tif Money???

If so Houston we have a problem.

#31 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

Is there a Redevelopment Director? Tina?? Or is this cut and paste info? 

Edited by Sleepy, 30 August 2014 - 08:01 AM.

#32 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:39 AM

Bob McEwen was Hall's Redevelopment Director at one time, but Mayor Bob fired him. I don't think the city has had one since then. Doesn't matter, though, because Hall makes EVERY decision. Wouldn't surprise me to learn that he selects the toilet paper used in City Hall.

#33 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

I wondered I know Clarksville has on

Jeffersonville has one.

City Boy you not really telling the whole story.

Hall hired Mcewen and paid him out of Tiff money (which is illegal)

after he got everything done he needed, he finally listened to the 

State Board of Accounts and told mcewen he had no money in the

budget to pay his high salary.   That is why I am asking is Hall paying the

Cox girl out of Tiff money??  I guess he can wait for the state to ride him again.

#34 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:46 PM

If Mayor Bob is given the authority to take out the Plesant Ridge area,is this part of his "Vision" for the City of Charlestown? If so, I sure hope he gets new glasses before he gets to my neighborhood !!!!
  • CityBoy likes this

#35 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,127 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:34 AM

Story on activism on behalf of Pleasant Ridge http://www.ij.org/bo...to-world-war-ii.
  • GrumpyGranny, Quasar and CityBoy like this

#36 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:56 AM

It seems to me that if this plan by Mayor Hall if not backed by the majority of the city council, that the razing of Plesant Ridge should be a dead subject. I believe that the city council and Mayor Bob Hall have a obligation to the people effected to come to a decision  and if this plan is not legal, stop harassing the home owners and the landlords! ( I use the term harassing because I have a friend who owns property in the Plesant Ridge area,he recently received a certified letter from the city that threatened fines if he is not in compliance with all city codes! Why after nearly 11 years in office is the Mayor now so interested in city code violations,this seems to me to justify many of Charlestowns citizens refering to the Mayor as "BULLY BOB"!)

#37 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:10 PM

I have a friend who owns property in the Plesant Ridge area,he recently received a certified letter from the city that threatened fines if he is not in compliance with all city codes! Why after nearly 11 years in office is the Mayor now so interested in city code violations,this seems to me to justify many of Charlestowns citizens refering to the Mayor as "BULLY BOB"!)

I heard about that letter -- it came as no surprise.  At the beginning of his second term, in 2008, Hall had his hand-picked City Council enact an ordinance that adopted something called the "International Property Maintenance Code."  It can be found here*:

http://cityofcharles...rdinances-2008/    

Click on the first Ordinance, download it, read it and weep.  It's 21 pages, chock-full of requirements that any inspector can find are being violated.

It's a very simple strategy being used by Bully Bob: Threaten, threaten, threaten, until people cave in.  He hopes to chase the Pleasant Ridge residents out of the city, which he considers to be his own.  Hang in there folks.  Don't leave.  Vote him out of office next year.  

* I think the City Council enacted a later ordinance, to comply with the latest version of the International Code.  But the city's web site is so far behind on posting Ordinances that it's not worth your time to look for it.  Just take a look at 2012, 2013, and 2014 Ordinances, and you will see that no one gives a hoot about keeping the public informed.

• kelley likes this

#38 Poppie

Poppie

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:39 PM

http://www.foxnews.c...e-seizure-plan/
made the national news.
  • kelley and CityBoy like this

#39 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,127 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:55 PM

Nice. I'm glad to see such organized opposition.

#40 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:07 PM

It sure seems as if the people on this forum at least are starting to understand the true nature of Mayor Bob Hall. I hope who ever decides to run for Mayor at least has the understanding that government is set-up to have checks and balances,city councils are in place to represent the whole city, the haves as well as the have nots,the meek as well as the strong,Pleasant Ridge as well as the other areas that meet Bob Hall's "Vision For Charlestown" 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users