367 replies to this topic

#241 Cheryl L Ross

Cheryl L Ross

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:42 PM

Moose,I saw the Mayors house and you are correct.!!! Quasar,his people are Ted Little,Vaugn.Ledbetter,etc all yes men to the Mayor,Dan James Ruth ,AARON,Donna Ennis will be a godsend to this City,priorities will get done!!!!!!Jeff Sheppard will be a great Mayor.It's time for a change a change to put Charlestown on the map again,I'm sure some officials do look at Clark County Chatter but under fictious names.Leave the people of Pleasant Ridge alone.Most importantly leave the kids alone!!!! What kind of tirant would demean these people?I have met some of these kids and they are a great bunch,sure there are a few bad apples in every bunch but it's like that all over.Last week we noticed shoes thrown over wires in our area and no it wasn't Pleasant Ridge,so don't condemn PR kids,I live in a very nice Subdivision,so because shoes were hanging over a wire,we will be made a ''blight''? Mayor Hall,better look at your area and upgrade your area!!!!!

#242 Ruth Ann Rawlings

Ruth Ann Rawlings

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:52 PM

Still waiting to hear from the aforementioned folks. 

• Quasar and CityBoy like this

#243 Boss Lady

Boss Lady

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:38 PM

I'd like to see these candidates come to the Chatter and go on the record about the situation.

I know they're watching... but just in case. Some of you should tell them that the voters are expecting to see them post their position here.

No response means that they most likely believe it's ok for the government seize your home...

....are you serious you called them out on chatter and if they don't respond your going to take that as a yes for seizing homes....not everyone hurts on chatter...but apparently hall supporters and insiders do....cause he will be the first one to have someone make him look good

#244 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 04:39 AM

....are you serious you called them out on chatter and if they don't respond your going to take that as a yes for seizing homes....

Yes... and yes...

#245 Boss Lady

Boss Lady

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:23 AM

Well continue to support Bob hall...cause I know a couple of them don't get on here...and you are ridiculous for baseing you decision on this

#246 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:07 AM

Well continue to support Bob hall...cause I know a couple of them don't get on here...and you are ridiculous for baseing you decision on this

Some of these candidates do have accounts on the Chatter. The Chatter is monitored by many pols even if they don't participate... you should believe that they are aware of this discussion.

There is nothing ridiculous about basing a vote decision on the willingness of the council to seize private property...
  • CityBoy and Old Pawpaw like this

#247 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:16 AM

I think many pols have this idea in their head that if they post on one thread they'll be dragged into all.
There is no requirement to post at all.

But I don't get why pols are willing to go door to door but scared to post on chatter.

You may get invited to plenty of fights, but it doesn't mean you have to accept the invitation.
  • kelley, Quasar, moose and 3 others like this

#248 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:25 PM

I urge every citizen of Charlestown to go to the "Charlestown Citizen" post on Facebook that features Melissa Love Crawford in a video telling what preceded Bob Hall's "Blight to Bright" rollout.  If  anyone listens to "Missy's" story and then votes for Bob Hall, then the man is truly untouchable.

• Old Pawpaw likes this

#249 Boss Lady

Boss Lady

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:51 AM

I urge every citizen of Charlestown to go to the "Charlestown Citizen" post on Facebook that features Melissa Love Crawford in a video telling what preceded Bob Hall's "Blight to Bright" rollout. If anyone listens to "Missy's" story and then votes for Bob Hall, then the man is truly untouchable.

#250 Boss Lady

Boss Lady

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:52 AM

People should really check this out!!!! Some good information and the papers to back it uo
  • moose and CityBoy like this

#251 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:11 PM

There is a flier,  paid for by Tina Barnes that has all of the true information about the way Bob Hall has tried and will try again to illegally take peoples homes. It is great reading and proof positive of Bob Hall's lack of Character and His Way or the Highway approach to achieve his goals, no mater who he hurts or what lies he has to spread during the process !

• moose likes this

#252 Fact Checker

Fact Checker

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:32 PM

Apparently all the negative tricks in Charlestown against the GOP didn't.  People are sick  and tired of the Democrats in Clark County.  Great night for the GOP baby!!  4th term for Mayor Hall!

#253 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:42 PM

Apparently all the negative tricks in Charlestown against the GOP didn't.  People are sick  and tired of the Democrats in Clark County.  Great night for the GOP baby!!  4th term for Mayor Hall!

Sad night... a lot of people are going to have their property taken... watch closely...
  • GrumpyGranny, masey, CityBoy and 1 other like this

#254 Ruth Ann Rawlings

Ruth Ann Rawlings

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:57 PM

I lost, but I'm still going to fight for the rights of the home owners.  I think Brian Hester, the winner in my district, will do the same. 

• GrumpyGranny, Quasar, masey and 3 others like this

#255 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:22 PM

Now would be a good time for Brian Hester, Ben Ledbetter, and Eric Vaughn to share their thoughts about how best to deal with the Pleasant Ridge situation.  Come on, guys, the public deserves to hear your views on this, now that you are about to take office.  This is a good forum for a straightforward (and civil)  exchange of ideas.  I hope you will chime in, because there is no other forum available to so many members of the public.

• kelley, Cheryl L Ross and Old Pawpaw like this

#256 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:19 AM

Fact Checker, if telling the truth about Bob Hall was a negative trick, then you are correct, it most certainly did not work,as you stated people in Clark county are sick and tired of the Democrats in Clark County. As the Republicans can't be defined by Donald Trump or Rand Paul or Rush Limbaugh, the Democrats should not be defined by President Obama or our former Clark County Sheriff. Yet if you listen to most life long or new Clark County Republicans all you hear are complaints and bigotry about our President and our former Sheriff. Fact Checker, now that the majority of Republicans are running Clark County, it won't be long before some type of scandal comes out against one or more of them as well. The truth of the matter is that it matters not if you are Republican or Democrat, people are people and party affiliation has no effect on a person's character or in Bob Hall's case, the lack of one.

#257 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:23 AM

I see they passed the inspection ordinance...

Kelley, any cheap fixer uppers for sale in PR? It might be time for me to be there...
  • kelley likes this

#258 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:24 PM

I see they passed the inspection ordinance...

Kelley, any cheap fixer uppers for sale in PR? It might be time for me to be there...

I'll take a look tonight. Been thinking along the same lines. May be a cool project for a group or something.
  • Quasar likes this

#259 SteveInIndiana

SteveInIndiana

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

I would like to see the spreadsheet that shows the true numbers behind the seizing, razing, and redevelopment of Pleasant Ridge. 

How can the city buy out someone living in a $70k home, raze it, then sell it for redevelopment at a profit, or break-even, or at what loss?

Where are the numbers?  Someone has to have done a spreadsheet analysis, right? If this "someone" is a public servant, then the spreadsheet should be viewable by the public, right?

For all the rhetoric on who does what, who agrees/disagrees with the power brokers there; undoubtedly it must boil down to money.  Following the money is my advice.   Ask the real question of who is asking "what's in it for me?" and you will likely find a very revealing answer. 

#260 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:15 PM

I would like to see the spreadsheet that shows the true numbers behind the seizing, razing, and redevelopment of Pleasant Ridge. 
How can the city buy out someone living in a $70k home, raze it, then sell it for redevelopment at a profit, or break-even, or at what loss?

Where are the numbers?  Someone has to have done a spreadsheet analysis, right? If this "someone" is a public servant, then the spreadsheet should be viewable by the public, right?

For all the rhetoric on who does what, who agrees/disagrees with the power brokers there; undoubtedly it must boil down to money.  Following the money is my advice.   Ask the real question of who is asking "what's in it for me?" and you will likely find a very revealing answer.

Have you filed an open records request with the mayor, city council, and/or redevelopment office asking for such?

Edited by IntegrityMatters, 11 June 2016 - 04:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users