Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:04 AM

http://rt.com/usa/16...n-strip-pepper/

When can we end the war on drugs?

Fourth amendment protects us against unreasonable search and seizure.  I'd say a misdemeanor (that she hasn't even been convicted of yet) doesn't warrant what they did to this woman.  What say you?

• GrumpyGranny, Donna and Peanut like this

#2 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

I say they need to fire everyone involved...

I've been up close and personal with some of those folks during the Gibson trial... give some people a badge and they think they are king... 

• GrumpyGranny, Donna and Peanut like this

#3 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,127 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

I can't think of anything that would warrant what was done. Humiliation is never required for safety. Even if she'd done something horrible, you'd think the perpetrators would've had more concern for their own humanity.
  • Tina, Donna and Peanut like this

#4 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

Totally unnecessary, revolting and inhumane, cruel and awful!  I'm not sure there are enough adjectives to describe my take on this (happens all-too-often) abuse of power.  I agree with Kelley, every last one of these miscreants should be fired!  "To protect and serve" my hiney.  Seems like they are all too willing to let their prurient side full expression.  Disgusting!   

#5 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

I believe that the vast majority of our law enforcement officers, jailers, corrections officers... etc... serve with honor and do an excellent job.

It only takes a few idiots to mess things up... 

• TamK, Bigfoot, Donna and 1 other like this

#6 Peanut

Peanut

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but after a strip search the person is allowed to get dressed again. I have never heard of a person being put into a jail cell naked for seven hours.  Something is very wrong here.  All those police officers should be fired and sued. :no:

• Donna likes this

#7 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:46 AM

I can't think of anything that would warrant what was done. Humiliation is never required for safety. Even if she'd done something horrible, you'd think the perpetrators would've had more concern for their own humanity.

Ever watch old historical shows: the ones that show beheadings, torture, hangings?

Sometimes I catch myself thinking "thank goodness we're so much more civilized nowadays".

• Donna likes this

#8 Debbie

Debbie

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:54 PM

I wonder - Should these government employees be called terrorists?
  • kelley likes this

#9 Peanut

Peanut

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

I don't know about calling them terrorist, however, I would call them perverts.

#10 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

Yeah, I'm with Peanut on this one!  Pervs!  Should not have a badge!  All involved should lose their badge.  :sad:  Disgusting! 

#11 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

CJ: http://www.courier-j...armed/10410823/

N&T: http://www.newsandtr...in-Floyd-County

Why is it that when the law is going to the news to convince people of guilt, the media helps, the law is happy, the public usually biases themselves in favor of the prosecution.  When the law is the accused, we're supposed to be quiet and apply the "innocent until proven guilty" philosophy.

#12 grayarea

grayarea

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

CJ: http://www.courier-j...armed/10410823/

N&T: http://www.newsandtr...in-Floyd-County

Why is it that when the law is going to the news to convince people of guilt, the media helps, the law is happy, the public usually biases themselves in favor of the prosecution.  When the law is the accused, we're supposed to be quiet and apply the "innocent until proven guilty" philosophy.

Nice observation Tina. It is usually done, although prosecution/law enforcement will deny it, to "taint" the jury pool against a defendant. Law Enforcement is never forthcoming about incidents that include their own. (i.e. this, NA officer in altercation with guy found with his girl friend, Jeff drug court...etc.). They either don't comment, hold off on filing police reports for long periods of time until it blows over, or it simply is brushed under the rug.

When I look at this one I see someone that "should have" been patted down prior to being placed in a cell. I forget how many officers surrounded her. After these precautions were supposedly already done, somehow they figure she might have a weapon? So they strip her of her clothes. I am sure she was under "observation" for the several hours prior to them tossing her a blanket.

Humiliation has been approved as punishment of a crime in some parts of the country. But, that's after a trial of guilty plea. This was wrong on so many levels it defies being OK'd by anyone with a prosecutorial position. I see this as simple. Send it to the Grand Jury in Floyd County with an independent prosecutor appointed by the court that does not have any ties to the County.

I was always taught the best way to stop a bully was to punch him in the nose...when the crazies are running the asylum, I guess you fight crime with crime...

• Oldgoat likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users