17 replies to this topic

#1 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

Richard Rush caught in flagrante delicto with the assistant chief of police detective's girlfriend a few weeks ago and apparently got the stuffing beat out of him. The girlfriend owns Bread and Breakfast Cafe.
Was kept under wraps citing 'under investigation' even though the media had the info they were not allowed to report it. How about that citizens!
Had an election coming up you know...poor unsuspecting public! :(
NOW.....The Grand Jury has been called to order AND the police chief has resigned.
News at 6:00 Channel 11.

Good ole boy politics alive and well in New Albany, as usual.

Edited by jiyabird, 20 May 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#2 Buckeye

Buckeye

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

Somethin' going on over there....Wave 3 News just said both the police Chief and the Assistant Chief have resigned as of today.

#3 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

Is this what Schook was trying to bring into light?

http://clarkcountych...uption-at-napd/

Edited by Tina, 20 May 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#4 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

Is this what Schook was trying to bring into light?
http://clarkcountych...uption-at-napd/

Don't believe so. This involves Attorney Rush who has had dirty skirts for some time. I think her problems are more to do with the department itself and in addition, her treatment by those in the department.

#5 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:42 PM

More info on a NA blog:

http://voiceofnewalbany.blogspot.com/

#6 whgar

whgar

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:00 AM

I would like to know the facts instead of rumors and innuendo.  The people in the know are not talking, and the people who know nothing are.  How can we as concerned citizens stay informed with this when we hear nothing but rumors and sometimes outright lies?  There maybe some truths in the blogs, but who knows at this point, I will be interested in the real trurh when available.  I'll not be throwing stones yet.

#7 afterglow1971

afterglow1971

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

This involves Attorney Rush who has had dirty skirts for some time. 

What's this supposed to mean?

#8 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:09 PM

What's this supposed to mean?

Google thinks it's a band.

The Dirty Skirts are a fiendishly independent band that has built an impressive underground following since releasing their first EP in 2005. The alt-indie-rock band is based in Cape Town and comprises Jeremy de Tolly on lead vocals and guitar, David Moffatt on guitar, Maurice Paliaga on bass and Markie de Menezes on drums.

• afterglow1971 likes this

#9 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

These are not rumours. These are not innuendos. These are truths. The media has known the details of this altercation since that night and was ordered to set on it!
The police dept was ordered not to release any information.

As for Rush..... He has been censured by the Bar Association for improper conduct in the past and is guilty of mishandling client's money on more than one occasion.
I know for a fact of one case where he threw a client under the bus after meeting with the judge and opposing party behind closed doors for 2 hours, came out, never said a word other than "Brace yourself!" and the judge ruled in the other persons favor. Rush practicality ran from the courtroom so he would not have to explain his actions to his client. He collected a tidy little sum for that shoddy misrepresentation.

Talked with some former law officers who have dealt with him...his shady reputation is very well known.
Apparently quite a few New Albany citizens don't think very highly of the man either by the number of votes cast his way during the election.
Of course he NEVER stood a chance against the awesome man he was up against, and neither will that jerk Hancock.

#10 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

http://www.courier-j...-probe/9376933/

By far, speculation has surrounded the investigation focused on Humphrey, now assistant chief of detectives and an owner and co-founder of River City Winery on Pearl Street downtown. The investigation focused on what happened April 24 during a domestic dispute when Humphrey went to the residence of a woman with whom he had a relationship and forced his way in, Henderson said.

#11 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:26 PM

http://m.newsandtrib...ntguid=15QVXQQa

"...the agency has continued to decline the release of the report generated from the incident.
An employee of the department’s records office said as late as Wednesday that the report is not being released to the public, and that it is “still being worked on.”
The department’s call log does show, however, that police responded to Bread and Breakfast at 11:52 p.m. April 24.
While virtually every entry on the call log provides a specific description of the nature of the police calls, such as “theft,” ”domestic,” “vandalism or “battery,” the nature of the incident police made to Bread and Breakfast is listed only as “general investigation.”

Reads like jiya was on to something this time.
  • Tina likes this

#12 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

http://m.newsandtrib...ntguid=15QVXQQa
"...the agency has continued to decline the release of the report generated from the incident.
An employee of the department’s records office said as late as Wednesday that the report is not being released to the public, and that it is “still being worked on.”
The department’s call log does show, however, that police responded to Bread and Breakfast at 11:52 p.m. April 24.
While virtually every entry on the call log provides a specific description of the nature of the police calls, such as “theft,” ”domestic,” “vandalism or “battery,” the nature of the incident police made to Bread and Breakfast is listed only as “general investigation.”
Reads like jiya was on to something this time.

Excuse me? " This time?" I believe everything I post is right on the money or I don't post it. I may back down sometimes to keep from getting into trouble but I don't post anything unless I know it is legit. (Just FYI).

#13 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:10 PM

You had strongly suggested the Buckhead incident was being covered up, which didn't turn out to be the case, for example.

Sorry if I offended by giving credit where due on this one.

#14 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:59 PM

You had strongly suggested the Buckhead incident was being covered up, which didn't turn out to be the case, for example.Sorry if I offended by giving credit where due on this one.

Let's see now...I posted about it on April the 5th, it had happened PRIOR to that.
The media did not release any information until the 30th.
Hmmm, now I wonder just how anyone could or would possibly draw a conclusion of cover up from that ?
My suggesting a cover up from the get go was because there was nothing mentioned when it happened, sort of like hand writing on the wall.
PLUS the fact that what I posted was pretty much on the money.

BTB, I was not the only one that viewed it as a cover up.

Edited by jiyabird, 23 May 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#15 grayarea

grayarea

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

These are not rumours. These are not innuendos. These are truths. The media has known the details of this altercation since that night and was ordered to set on it!
The police dept was ordered not to release any information.

As for Rush..... He has been censured by the Bar Association for improper conduct in the past and is guilty of mishandling client's money on more than one occasion.
I know for a fact of one case where he threw a client under the bus after meeting with the judge and opposing party behind closed doors for 2 hours, came out, never said a word other than "Brace yourself!" and the judge ruled in the other persons favor. Rush practicality ran from the courtroom so he would not have to explain his actions to his client. He collected a tidy little sum for that shoddy misrepresentation.

Talked with some former law officers who have dealt with him...his shady reputation is very well known.
Apparently quite a few New Albany citizens don't think very highly of the man either by the number of votes cast his way during the election.
Of course he NEVER stood a chance against the awesome man he was up against, and neither will that jerk Hancock.

First...no one can ORDER the media to sit on anything. The fact that they apprently have done little investigation other than wait for a report is very troubling.

Second...be careful when you talk about Rush's alleged previous conduct with the Bar Association. A lawyer does not usually survive allegations where it is found that he has mishandled a client's funds. If the Bar found that happened, Mr. Rush would not be practicing law today. Even better, how do YOU know what was said behind closed doors? Be careful how you word things here...

Third...I thought it funny when some news coverage appeared with the Prosecutor getting double air time for this and an upcoming trial. Henderson could barely contain himself. He said the officer involved was not going to have any charges filed because a grand jury had refused to do so. But, I liked the way he diverted it. He never mentioned what that conduct was. He mentioned the report was still being worked on (how can you have a grand jury hearing, on the facts, when the police have yet to establish them in a report. C'mon folks, any prosecutor worth his weight can indict a ham sandwich!). This thing looks shoddy all around. I know what is being alleged (see the first post), but until it is somehow acknowledged...which NAPD seems in no hurry to do...then I'm not going to judge.

But, that's New Albany and the legal system for ya! What's that total of debt after three Camm trials? I don't understand why you folks keep re-electing people that cost you tons of money?

#16 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:10 AM

Well it is very obvious you have not done any background checking on Rush or you would know what I posted is legitimate.
If you would do just a little bit of digging, put forth a little effort you will find every bit of this in print.
As to the media being told to sit on it as well as being kept in the dark, it was admitted to by not only a reporter but an on line anchor person.
So do not warn me to be cautious about writing about Rush's past. The truth is the truth and the truth will out.
I know the man and read the information regarding the Bar Association. There is also extensive information of the mishandling of more than one client's funds and, if I recall, possible charges brought against the man.
He is not well thought of by those in New Albany 'in the know' . He simply does not have a good reputation.
What happened was that Rush was caught with the Assistant Chief of Detective's girlfriend by the man himself in a 'compromising' situation and an altercation resulted. Apparently the police got involved and this is the result.
The entire nasty little story has not hit the media(and I doubt that it ever will) as the NAPD continues to say it is 'under investigation' to protect Rush, the Detective and the woman who is the owner of the Bed and Breakfast Cafe, (where I believe the incident took place) from further embarrassment.
This is NOT the NAPD I once worked for! Things like this just would not have been tolerated. I KNOW for a fact.
It is a bright day indeed for the city that Rush did not get any further in his bid for Hancock's seat on the bench.

Edited by jiyabird, 29 May 2014 - 09:15 AM.

#17 grayarea

grayarea

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

So, in your opinion, what should happen to those involved?

#18 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

I am most angry about the fact that SOME PEOPLE. ...read Richard Rush...are protected and his involvement in all of this is kept a secret, the entire thing has been tried , unsuccessfully, to be swept under the carpet.
Regular citizens would have been tarred and feathered by now.
He is allowed, ALLOWED to run for a seat on the judical bench and the public was not made aware of any of this even though it happened prior to the election.
Had none of this been uncovered it would have remained status quo for all involved.
As to those involved? As in the past, to other officers in similar situations....dismissal.
Rush, if he had any sense of justice about him, any morals, would resign his practice ,but I am sure that will be a cold day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users