37 replies to this topic

#21 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

Donna,

I have picked up several packages of razors, shaving cream, toothbrushes & toothpaste. I won't be able to make the dinner but will get them over to Granny by this weekend.

You are right about Dollar Tree. You can get many things there for a little money. They have nice large tubes of toothpaste that is name brand for $1 which is what I got.

• GrumpyGranny, Quasar, snowman and 1 other like this

#22 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Grumpy Granny also mentioned on the Exit 0 thread in the Jeffersonville forum that Paul needs first aid items:  Suture removal kits (?); 2 x 2 or 4 x 4 non-stick cling wraps (?); Tylenol; Aleve; hydrocortisone cream; peroxide; foot fungus spray; antibiotic cream (Neosporin); bug spray; vitamins; and nail clippers. 

These items we may want to give directly to Paul for distribution.

But, yeah, Dollar Tree has a lot to offer for very little.

• GrumpyGranny, Quasar and Bigfoot like this

#23 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

I prepared plastic containers for each type of toiletry -- shampoo; conditioner; soap; etc. The church keeps the containers for us with the leftovers to be used the next time. Ask the man from the church when you get there -- he stores them upstairs I think.
  • GrumpyGranny and Quasar like this

#24 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

I have reached my quota of positivity here at CCC.  (I'm trigger happy!)  So, I'll have to spell it out.

Thanks, IM for the info.  I did not know that!

#25 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:33 AM

Snowman..please let me know how many hot dogs we will have for the dinner and I will get same amount of buns. If the plastic containers are not at the church, Paul has them. They were on the counter when we were getting ready to leave and we didn't know what to do with them. We did not know that the church kept them for us.
  • GrumpyGranny, Quasar and Donna like this

#26 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

Snowman..please let me know how many hot dogs we will have for the dinner and I will get same amount of buns. If the plastic containers are not at the church, Paul has them. They were on the counter when we were getting ready to leave and we didn't know what to do with them. We did not know that the church kept them for us.

he's bringing them by today, i think 100 was mentioned.

#27 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

Bigfoot just dropped off his toiletries to me, and I have some to add to them. I will drop them off Thursday, but won't stay...

Looks like food's covered, but I'll try to think of something to bring.

• Quasar likes this

#28 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

GG, I don't know what that would be this time around.  Save it for next time, but they sure could use some first aid items and toiletries.

#29 backinthegame

backinthegame

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

I hate to give late notice but I have something I have to do Thursday. I won't be able to make anything or drop off my dessert. I see Afterglow is making a dessert. I will see everyone next month. So sorry.

#30 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:47 AM

Will miss you and your yummy desserts!  IM dropped off her snacks and there are plenty of cookies and snack cakes included, along with Afterglow's desserts, there will be plenty of sweet treats available.  See you next month!

• GrumpyGranny, Quasar and backinthegame like this

#31 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

he's bringing them by today, i think 100 was mentioned.

Snowman, Paul just called me and asked me to ask you to call him. He has misplaced your number. It is about the hot dogs.

• Quasar likes this

#32 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

Will miss you and your yummy desserts!  IM dropped off her snacks and there are plenty of cookies and snack cakes included, along with Afterglow's desserts, there will be plenty of sweet treats available.  See you next month!

Donna, I will also bring a couple of #10 cans of pudding. If you don't need them this month, maybe you can save them for next, but you will have them if you need them.

Backinthegame, you (and your great desserts) will be missed!

• Quasar, Donna and backinthegame like this

#33 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:23 PM

paul just called... got the hot dog handoff all figured out... thanks granny and donna!!!

• GrumpyGranny, Quasar, Tina and 1 other like this

#34 Poppie

Poppie

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:23 AM

We have two broke down cars so I won't make it tonight. I will drop the chips off at the church when I get off though. Wish I could be there! See u guys next month, good luck!

#35 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

Eeeek!  So many people not going to be there tonight.

Months ago I bought tickets to an alumni Bats game at 7.  I will stay as long as I can before I cut out.

#36 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

i'll be there, hoping by 5:15 and i can stay til the end.

#37 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:49 AM

I will be there (the good Lord willing!) and stay to the end. We'll git 'er done! There are a lot of attendees that are happy to help.
  • GrumpyGranny, Quasar, Bigfoot and 1 other like this

#38 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:35 AM

Every bit of food was consumed!   2 extra watermelons went with the Exit 0 helpers that Paul had there.  There was a beautiful book titled Under the Overpass that we got to see, put together by  a woman, name escapes me, from Ivy Tech Sellersburg. I think she did it for a school project. If you're down at Smokin on the River ask Paul to see it. There was only 1 copy made is what Michele said. 

We tried to come up with a menu for next month but really did not. July 10 is the date.

• GrumpyGranny, kelley and Quasar like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users