2 replies to this topic

#1 Exit 0

Exit 0

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

Can Anyone tell me how i can find this Ordinance? Unable to locate and not even sure if it is a city sign ... Clarksville is where it is located Thanks for any input .... & THANK YOU for all the support for the Chatter family.... 

This is all i found but it pertains to anything owned by the CITY am i reading this correct ?

94.20  TENTS OR OTHER TEMPORARY STRUCTURES PROHIBITED WITHOUT A PERMIT.
   It shall be unlawful to raise, place or in any way set up a tent, canopy or other such temporary structure in any town park or on any other property owned by the town or the Clarksville Park District, unless the Superintendent of the Clarksville Parks and Recreation Department, or his or her designee, has issued a permit for such purposes.
(Ord. 95-G-03, passed 4-10-95)  Penalty, see § 10.99

Attached Files

Edited by Exit 0, 20 March 2014 - 10:08 PM.

#2 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:42 PM

"Can Anyone tell me how i can find this Ordinance?"

The ordinance is a public document, and is available at the Clarksville Clerk-Treasurer office.  Free to inspect and read...ten cents a page if you want a copy.

#3 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

That date on the ordinance answers the "when" question we had. They are apparently looking to start enforcing a law that has been around a while...

If they go after someone that has been where they are for a while, get them a lawyer. The fact they haven't bothered to enforce it -- in fact, they've acknowledged they know people are camping and worked with you guys such as collecting trash -- could make it hard to legally do so now.

Edited by kelley, 21 March 2014 - 07:25 AM.

• Bigfoot likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users