30 replies to this topic

#1 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:38 AM

I just wanted to start this topic so folks can be thinking about it.  There was mention of using some of Paul's chicken, and maybe using some grills in the parking lot to cook it.

The lady from the church, Janet, the one who runs the dishwasher, mentioned they will have about 50 folks on that evening for a dinner after church service, Maundy-Thursday I believe she mentioned... but that we would not be in their way, and not to worry about it.

The way I understand it, Paul's chicken is frozen and will need thawing in advance. And then the grilling will take some time, if that's what we go with.

#2 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:48 AM

i can do a pasta salad with fresh marinated vegetables...

Easter eggs!!! i'll also do a couple dozen Easter eggs, maybe some others can also...   for the folks to take back with them.

#3 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:10 AM

Good morning, Snowman. I'm not sure about the grilling idea, but we also discussed BBQ-ed chicken. I can get two cases of chicken from Paul, thaw and boil it, have it ready to add BBQ sauce and toss in the oven for a little while. Paul also said he thought he had a large container of BBQ sauce. I would probably make one pan with no sauce for those who may not want the chicken BBQ-ed I saved those great foil pans/lids the baked potatoes were in and they will be great for the chicken.

Billie offered to make potato salad, but your pasta salad would be great, too. More people being served means more food needed! I mentioned bringing baked beans, and Leslie (at least I believe it was Leslie) said she would also bring baked beans with a twist. I believe she called them cowboy beans, and are made with several different kinds of beans. Sounds good! Hubby will make some deviled eggs.

The hard boiled eggs also sound like a good idea, and maybe we can add a bit of candy; maybe make little individual Easter baskets, or baggies.

• Tina likes this

#4 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:02 AM

love the bbq chicken idea too.

• GrumpyGranny likes this

#5 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

Last month I brought bags of candy that the girls had put together.  After everyone was served, they went around to the tables and passed them outl  So I will be glad to bring the candy bags again this time as they enjoyed doing that.  I will also bring the usual snacks and a large package of paper napkins to wrap utensils in.  Emmy (the little one) liked passing out the utensils to each person as they came through the line.  Gave her something "important" to do and it seems like the people enjoy seeing the little ones!   Maybe I will get her to wear "bunny ears" next time!

Edited by IntegrityMatters, 17 March 2014 - 12:37 PM.

• GrumpyGranny, Tina, Donna and 1 other like this

#6 rosietheriveter

rosietheriveter

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:34 PM

I will bring rolls and butter pats

#7 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

Maundy Thursday is the reflection and prayers of the Last Supper.  I hope the weather is conducive to out door dining.  I would hate to intrude on the service.

#8 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

Donna, as I said earlier, Janet at the church is the one who brought it up to me, there will be a service that night and we will be fine to do our dinner there as planned. They will have a dinner also for church goers that evening, about 50 people she said,  but they will be in another room.  Unless she has said anything since to anyone, I dunno about that. 

• GrumpyGranny, kelley and Donna like this

#9 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

Has anyone signed on to bring fruit?  Trying to think what I can bring . . .

#10 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

I can either help with the chicken or bring mac & cheese!

#11 RunnerGirl

RunnerGirl

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

Sounds like we have the meal covered so I will made cookies.

#12 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

Ah!  Cripes!  Thought I was good for this dinner, but I will be working the Market Day fundraiser for Maple Elementary until 6 pm.  Can I drop off the fruit ahead of time?  I can join you all afterwards and help with clean-up.

#13 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:59 AM

Good morning!

I believe Snowman is right, Janet said both dinners would not be a problem, but I will ask Paul to double check with her the first of the week about using the ovens to bake the chicken. Paul will bring me two cases of chicken and a gallon of BBQ sauce Monday.

Tina, mac and cheese would be a great addition to the menu!

Donna, it would be fine or you to drop off the fruit at the church. What time do you need to drop it off? I used to work Market Day at Maple, but it's been years so I can't remember what time we needed to be there. I forgot about Market Day...used to love to order stuff!

So the menu looks like this:

BBQ Chicken...Paul will provide, Ron and I will get it ready for the oven

Pasta Salad, Easter Eggs...Snowman

Potato Salad...Billie

Cowboy Beans...Leslie

Baked Beans...Me

Mac and Cheese...Tina

Deviled Eggs...Ron

Rolls, butter pats...Rosie

Cookies...RunnerGirl

Fruit...CW

Dessert...Donna

Snacks, candy bags, napkins...IM

Sound right?

Edited by GrumpyGranny, 04 April 2014 - 04:42 PM.

• IntegrityMatters and Donna like this

#14 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:54 AM

Well I usually bring bananas and clementine's every month, but looks like Donna will have that covered this month. I know backinthegame usually does desserts. I don't see her on the list. If she is busy that night I could bring another dessert. But it will be store bought and not as yummy as hers. lol! Otherwise I'll just make a cash donation this month.

Carly and I will be at the church by 5:15.
  • GrumpyGranny and Tina like this

#15 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

CW I can do desserts if you want to do the fruit!  Whatever I do, I need to drop off by 4 pm.  I will return at 6 pm to help with clean-up.  Save me a plate of non-bbq chicken & Mac & Cheese!

#16 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

Donna, if you have time to bake something for dessert that would be great! I'll bring the fruit.
  • GrumpyGranny and Donna like this

#17 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

Alright, CW!  You get the fruit and I'll do desserts!

#18 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

Do we need plates?

#19 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

IM, I know Paul will have regular plates; not sure if there were any of the trays left last month.

#20 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

I'll pick some up just in case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users