• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

I see that Facebook is busy shutting down gun sales and trading on their website. I thought I'd add a special forum just for people that are interested in guns and need a place to buy, sell and trade. I'm a huge fan of both the 1st and 2nd amendments...

For people wishing to list a gun, just start a new topic and list your information. Of course as much info as possible is helpful and pictures are needed whenever possible. Make, model, year, approximate round count, price or trade value, location, conditions you require for sale, etc.

#2 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:54 AM

Private party gun sales are legal... here is an article explaining what Facebook is doing...

Facebook Cracking Down on Illegal Gun Sales
Under pressure from gun control advocates, Facebook agreed Wednesday to delete posts from users seeking to buy or sell weapons illegally or without a background check.
A similar policy will be applied to Instagram, the company's photo-sharing network, Facebook said. The measures will be put into effect over the next few weeks at the world's largest social network, with 1.3 billion active users.
"We will remove reported posts that explicitly indicate a specific attempt to evade or help others evade the law," the company said in a statement.
The move reflects growing alarm that the Internet is being used to sell banned weapons, evade restrictions on interstate sales, and put guns in the hands of convicted felons, domestic abusers, the mentally ill or others barred under federal law from obtaining firearms. Gun control advocates say Facebook has become a significant marketplace, with thousands of firearms-related posts.
Google Plus and Craigslist already prohibit all gun sales, legal or illegal.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/facebook-drop-posts-illegal-gun-sales-22784615

#3 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

INGO ( Indiana gun owners) classifieds gets a lot of exposure.
You have to join the forum and have 50 "Quality" posts to participate.

Locally, Rural King now sells guns.

#4 Debbie

Debbie

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

Why do guns need a separate place? You already have the buy/sell area. Seems like putting up a separate area is actually playing into the hands of those who want us to think of guns as separate from other items of trade.

#5 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

Why do guns need a separate place? You already have the buy/sell area. Seems like putting up a separate area is actually playing into the hands of those who want us to think of guns as separate from other items of trade.

Because I'm personally offended by the anti gun pc crowd... I want it front and center for all to see...

And this makes it easier to find for any of the folks from Facebook that see their gun groups shut down...

#6 RiverFox

RiverFox

Resident Historian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

What's this I'm always hearing about the rights of private business owners? :D

And sometimes the 'gun thing' gets totally out of hand. :wub:
____________________________________ Attached File  McConnell_gun.jpg   180.71KB   12 downloads
Gotta love the turtle man. :laugh:

#7 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

What's this I'm always hearing about the rights of private business owners? :D

I don't recall seeing anyone that said they weren't within their rights... That doesn't mean that I have to like it, and I am in a position to offer a possible alternative for people in this area. :yes:

And sometimes the 'gun thing' gets totally out of hand. :wub:
____________________________________ Attached File  McConnell_gun.jpg   180.71KB   12 downloads
Gotta love the turtle man. :laugh:

Yea, I don't know what kind of point he was trying to make and I just don't care enough to look it up... however, he simply carried a muzzle loading rifle to a speech. I don't get it but it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with him doing this...

Me personally... if I had to be around that group, I'd have taken a Glock... :thumbsup:
  • JenS likes this

#8 RedRocker

RedRocker

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

Just noticed this, thanks Quasar.  Im a huge gun fan myself.

• Quasar likes this

#9 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

Rural King now has firearms for sale.
Meijer is starting to get pistol ammo back in stock.
  • hoppy likes this

#10 Ironhorse

Ironhorse

Vespa Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

Looked over the selection of hand guns at Rural King. You all might want to check them out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users