9 replies to this topic

#1 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

Sitting in my first-ever New Albany City Council meeting. Hutt should move here. It's the weirdest thing. Best I can tell, these people are actually deliberating the city's business in public. It's not helpful for getting out of here quickly, but it's hella educational. A New Albany resident could attend one of these and for real know not only what is going on, but what the officials think on the subject.

Edited by kelley, 20 February 2014 - 08:15 PM.

• GrumpyGranny, Quasar, Tina and 1 other like this

#2 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

Shocking!!

You mean they don't skirt public open access laws by meeting in groups of 3 or 4 (not a quorum, of course!)??

#3 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Not that I could tell. I don't think some of these people have spoken since the last meeting. They were like disagreeing with each other in front of other people and all kinds of craziness.
  • Bigfoot and Tina like this

#4 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

Not that I could tell. I don't think some of these people have spoken since the last meeting. They were like disagreeing with each other in front of other people and all kinds of craziness.

Don't they know that people prefer elected officials to compromise (and screw us in the process)? That's what the media says!
  • firefly1937 likes this

#5 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

I'm not telling them.
  • Tina likes this

#6 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

Sitting in my first-ever New Albany City Council meeting. Hutt should move here. It's the weirdest thing. Best I can tell, these people are actually deliberating the city's business in public. It's not helpful for getting out of here quickly, but it's hella educational. A New Albany resident could attend one of these and for real know not only what is going on, but what the officials think on the subject.

I have attended several New Albany city council meetings, all were interesting! I remember at one meeting JTL presented a proposal that was rejected because NA did not have that much funding available. Next meeting JTL was awarded the contract at a much lower price. Don't recall that ever happening in Jeff. It was very interesting attending Jeff, C-ville, and NA council meetings

#7 Jeff all my Life

Jeff all my Life

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

Don't they know that people prefer elected officials to compromise (and screw us in the process)? That's what the media says!

Yes, because a stagnant bickering government is what is most beneficial to the citizens. (Imagine the sarcasm font or color)

#8 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:24 AM

Yes, because a stagnant bickering government is what is most beneficial to the citizens. (Imagine the sarcasm font or color)

Says the one who believes moving the country to the left is beneficial.

#9 Jeff all my Life

Jeff all my Life

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

Says the one who believes moving the country to the left is beneficial.

Your more than welcome to search the state and national section and show me where exactly I said that.

Maybe you can enlighten us on how we all benefit from a stagnant bickering local government.

#10 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

The sky is falling! the sky is falling!
Government MUST DO something!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users