• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

I've got a 44 mag Super Blackhawk with a 7.5" barrel... Love the revolver and think I'll set it up for deer & hog hunting. I'm going to cut the barrel to 6", port the barrel and do a trigger job on it... Before I ship it off to Magna Port, anyone know of anyone in this area that does this kind of barrel work? The trigger is the easy part...

#2 GOB

GOB

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

I would leave the Barrel at 71/2.

#3 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

I would leave the Barrel at 71/2.

Nah... It'll balance better being a bit shorter... It may end up at 4 5/8"... Other than appearance and heft... It won't significantly affect performance...

#4 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

I've got a 44 mag Super Blackhawk with a 7.5" barrel... Love the revolver and think I'll set it up for deer & hog hunting. I'm going to cut the barrel to 6", port the barrel and do a trigger job on it... Before I ship it off to Magna Port, anyone know of anyone in this area that does this kind of barrel work? The trigger is the easy part...

:shrug: ......other'na local LGS's......whut 'bout the dude upon Hamburg Pike?......fergit whut his name is......got'a sign out,tho.....

#5 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

:shrug: ......other'na local LGS's......whut 'bout the dude upon Hamburg Pike?......fergit whut his name is......got'a sign out,tho.....

That's Ron Kemp... I had him duracoat a pistol for me... And his trigger work is pretty good. I don't think he does porting but I'll ask him...

The more I think about this though... I might have Magna Port do a Predator conversion on this one...

http://www.magnaport.com/conv.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users