5 replies to this topic

#1 Teresa Fisher

Teresa Fisher

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

I don't know how long it's been there, but I recently discovered an excellent locally owned restaurant at 111 West Market Street in New Albany. It's called Aladdin's Cafe, and it serves middle eastern sandwiches and Turkish coffee. (It's just east of The Hitching Post tavern.)

I haven't tried the coffee, but I've been told it's very good. They also have tea and soft drinks.

I took my granddaughters there for lunch yesterday, and as I left I wished I had another gyro sandwich, not because the one I had just eaten wasn't filling, but because it was so good. I've also tried their falafel sandwich and their hummus. Everything has been delicious. I've always been too full to try the baklava, but I intend to soon.

It's great to have a good place to eat that isn't a chain.
  • Quasar and HoundDog like this

#2 Dave

Dave

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

You had me at falafel. Louisville has seen a lot of good middle eastern restaurants open lately. It's good to see one open on the sunny side.

#3 Bedford

Bedford

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

That's certainly closer than where I usually go for gyros, which is 210 miles away.

#4 Beerguy

Beerguy

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

I got their $9.99 dinner special the other night and it was fantastic. There was so much food with it that I could not finish. Very authentic gyros and schwarma, and the sides are spot on too. Well worth the visit.

#5 Indiana82

Indiana82

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

I tried the gyro the other day after reading this fourm and must say it was great. It's a hole in the wall place but nothing wrong with that.

#6 Bedford

Bedford

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

I went there yesterday, Loved the gyro, but the sides need some work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users