5 replies to this topic

#1 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

My husband and I lucked out tonight. We were invited to Boombazz Pizza and Taphouse on Veteran's Parkway for this evening's "training session" {read: free food in exchange for being a new restaurant's guinea pig guests). We left full and happy.

Our choices from the evening's limited menu included the Goat Cheese Marinara appetizer, BLT wedge salad, a pepperoni and mushroom "Tony's Big Pie" and a "D'Sienna" specialty pizza with traditional crust. I also had their featured craft beer. I forgot the name, something wheat which could've passed for Blue Moon. All good.

I've been among the participants of soft openings, and the service and food were much better tonight than at any I've witnessed. They seem to have reached out to experienced servers (Shelley from Chuck's was among them). We had been asked to be patient in the invitation and were prepared to do so. There was no need. All the timing was spot on from the minute we hit the door.

Food was all yummy. The salad and the sample of their beer cheese stood out to me. Todd was thrilled with the pizza.

Great selection, too. They've taken over the space formerly occupied by Beef O'Brady's, but expanded, providing a large bar area, plenty of seating.

Pasta and sandwiches on the menu, too.

Edited by kelley, 19 December 2013 - 09:00 PM.

• Quasar, HoosierHoopsFan, Bigfoot and 1 other like this

#2 rez

rez

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

how did u get picked for the soft opening?

#3 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

I'm special, lol.

We're family friends of a trainer who is proud of the place. There's a fellow chatter member involved that asked I post about it.

#4 Ray Lawrence Parker

Ray Lawrence Parker

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

Do you know when they are planning to open it to the public? I'm looking forward to trying it out.

#5 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

Do you know when they are planning to open it to the public? I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Looks like today...

http://www.boombozz.com/

https://www.facebook...zjeffersonville
  • TamK likes this

#6 Ray Lawrence Parker

Ray Lawrence Parker

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

Thanks Q. It looks great, and I'm delighted to see that they're serving some locally-brewed craft beers. I'll be going there very soon.
  • kelley and Quasar like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boombazz, jeffersonville development, pizza, taphouse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users