14 replies to this topic

#1 RunnerGirl

RunnerGirl

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

With another successful dinner under our belt, it is time to start thinking about January's menu. I have volunteered to organize January's dinner to give GrumpyGranny a well deserved break. I was thinking about creating a menu around sloppy joes since the weather will still be cold. Side ideas - Cole slaw, fries, chips. We can also have hot dogs for those who do not like sloppy joes??? If this is okay, my husband and I will bring the sloppy joe mix. What do you all think?
  • GrumpyGranny, Quasar and Donna like this

#2 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:37 PM

That sounds great, and chips are super easy in a pinch.

#3 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

That sounds like a great idea. Have you ever used Sweet Baby Ray's bar-b-que sauce? It is wonderful --- all you do is brown the hamburger and add some Sweet Baby Ray's and Voila!! you have excellent sloppy joes. I would be glad to donate the Sweet Baby Ray's if you want to go that route. Maybe Backinthegame could make some brownies (hint hint!! -- her desserts are scrumptious!) --- brownies always go good with sloppy joes & chips. I could even make some ahead of time too if need be. Maybe some more deviled eggs -- the ones we had this past time were great!

Edited by IntegrityMatters, 13 December 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#4 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

Oh -- and from working the "snack" table, the bananas are a great hit!
  • GrumpyGranny, Quasar, Tina and 1 other like this

#5 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'm not familiar with this topic. Would you guys please give me the details. Thanks.
  • GrumpyGranny and Quasar like this

#6 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

CityBoy, on the second Thursday of each month, TeamChatter serves dinner to the homeless at First Presbyterian church. We work in conjunction with Exit O but we plan the meal ourselves, prepare it and serve it. All Chatter members are welcome to participate. If you look on the Team Chatter forum you can see the dinner menu for December which we served last evening. It will give you a better idea of what we do. You are most welcome to join us!
  • GrumpyGranny, kelley, Quasar and 1 other like this

#7 backinthegame

backinthegame

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

That sounds like a great idea. Have you ever used Sweet Baby Ray's bar-b-que sauce? It is wonderful --- all you do is brown the hamburger and add some Sweet Baby Ray's and Voila!! you have excellent sloppy joes. I would be glad to donate the Sweet Baby Ray's if you want to go that route. Maybe Backinthegame could make some brownies (hint hint!! -- her desserts are scrumptious!) --- brownies always go good with sloppy joes & chips. I could even make some ahead of time too if need be. Maybe some more deviled eggs -- the ones we had this past time were great!

I would love to make brownies:) also myself I love Mac and cheese with sloppy joes. Runnergirl this is an excellent dinner idea.
  • IntegrityMatters, GrumpyGranny, kelley and 3 others like this

#8 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

CityBoy, on the second Thursday of each month, TeamChatter serves dinner to the homeless at First Presbyterian church. We work in conjunction with Exit O but we plan the meal ourselves, prepare it and serve it. All Chatter members are welcome to participate. If you look on the Team Chatter forum you can see the dinner menu for December which we served last evening. It will give you a better idea of what we do. You are most welcome to join us!

It's not only great to meet your fellow "chatterers" but it gives us the opportunity to serve some of the most deserving in Clark County. Last night I enjoyed dinner with two veterans! (And GG! ;) )

Edited by Tina, 13 December 2013 - 11:06 PM.

• IntegrityMatters, GrumpyGranny, kelley and 4 others like this

#9 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

Please put me down for buns. Both hamburger and the hotdog buns. Also, we can bring bananas again. My daughter, Carly, and I will be at the church around 5.
  • IntegrityMatters, GrumpyGranny, Quasar and 1 other like this

#10 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

I'll bring the hotdogs, ketchup, and mustard.
  • GrumpyGranny likes this

#11 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

Great idea, RunnerGirl! Thank you, too, for taking over leadership of January's dinner!

I will bring the cole slaw and Ron said he will make more deviled eggs. He's our official deviled egg and potato salad maker here at home, lol, he does a much better job of them both than I do!
  • kelley likes this

#12 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

I'll get some pickles and onion.
  • GrumpyGranny likes this

#13 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

i can do a couple casserole dishes of mac & cheese.
  • GrumpyGranny, kelley, Donna and 1 other like this

#14 Exit 0

Exit 0

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:06 AM

I have tons of bread going in the freezer we can use its white

#15 Exit 0

Exit 0

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:08 AM

Masey don't purchase hot dogs let me give them to you and you can prepare sound ok?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users