7 replies to this topic

#1 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

That's a bad deal... hate to see this.

The fire broke around 11:40 p.m. Monday with thick smoke and then flames shooting from the back of the building.

Anderson said the alarm company told him a heat sensor in the kitchen set off the alarm.

Anderson arrived a few minutes after fire crews and unlocked the doors, but firefighters said the flames were too much and had to pull out for safety reasons.

The fire chief says six companies and 20 fire fighters were on scene battling the blaze for hours.

Anderson is worried about his 75 employees.

“But the one thing I'm concerned about is obviously jobs for my employees. And we have a lot of loyal customers over a lot of years, and Christmas parties that are supposed to happen in the next couple of weeks. That's what I'm more concerned about, disappointing people, and disappointing people who work for us, and our customers,” Anderson said.

http://www.wlky.com/...nz/-/index.html

#2 HouseFullOfBoys

HouseFullOfBoys

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

Very sad situation all the way around!
Our family enjoyed many meals there and I sure hope they rebuild.
  • Quasar likes this

#3 Ray Lawrence Parker

Ray Lawrence Parker

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

That is most unfortunate, and I hate to hear it. We were just there last Thursday to have dinner and watch the Louisville-Cincinnati football game with friends. It has always been one of my favorite places. I too hope that Sam is able to rebuild it.
  • Quasar and Oldgoat like this

#4 dman

dman

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

just drove by there on the way to lunch. the front facade is still standing as is the very back; but the restaurant is a total loss. very sad.
  • Quasar likes this

#5 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

Had'n been in'ere fer a few years.........food/service was always good when did......hopefully they'a re-build.... :thumbsup:

#6 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

One of our favorite places! Hope they rebuild soon.
  • Ray Lawrence Parker likes this

#7 Ray Lawrence Parker

Ray Lawrence Parker

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:57 PM

I just saw that Sam's is planning to reopen in the Plantation Montrose building this spring. That building on (Lewis & Clark) used to be the home of McCullough Steakhouse, Sunset Grill and perhaps something else.

I think this is great! I've been going up to the Sam's at highlander pointe to get my chef salad fix since the other location burned. I can't wait until they open in Clarksville now.
  • GrumpyGranny and Tina like this

#8 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

I just saw that Sam's is planning to reopen in the Plantation Montrose building this spring. That building on (Lewis & Clark) used to be the home of McCullough Steakhouse, Sunset Grill and perhaps something else.

I think this is great! I've been going up to the Sam's at highlander pointe to get my chef salad fix since the other location burned. I can't wait until they open in Clarksville now.

That is awesome! if anyone can survive in that location it would be Sam's!
  • Ray Lawrence Parker likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users