53 replies to this topic

#41 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

Ripping up chicken is my specialty! lol! I wish I could get there earlier than 5, but work just won't allow it. I could rip up chicken on my lunch break. Takes me about 10 minutes to get to Granny's house and 10 minutes back, leaving me 40 minutes to tear into a whole bunch of chicken.
  • GrumpyGranny likes this

#42 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

I can get there before 5 and help rip up chicken if needed. Or I can come get some from someone in advance and cook up a batch of soup.

#43 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

I still like the theme of Christmas dinner with Ham & Potatoes and Chicken & Dumplings for December. January would be an excellent time to do a Souper Supper!
  • IntegrityMatters, GrumpyGranny and Tina like this

#44 rosietheriveter

rosietheriveter

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

I can bring a large roasting pan full of augratins ready to bake around 4:00 ish if that is going to be a menu item. I like that menu for the holiday, can even roast chickens (and save dumplings for January to go with the soups) add to it green beans, slaw? rolls and dessert.

IM great idea on the baggies. Also not crafty but would like to help weave mats. Will check back for marching orders!

#45 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

CW, we can get a case of chicken from Paul and fix the chicken/dumplins or noodles this way if everyone wants to. We might need some of us to get together a little earlier than this month if we are going to finish cooking the dish at the church.

We would need to get the chicken from Paul a few days in advance if we did it this way since it is frozen. I can volunteer to boil the chic and bring the broth and chic pieces to the church, since I don't work, but I won't volunteer to take the meat off the bone, lol.

Snowman, this is something you could help with...ripping up the chic as CW says. Maybe a couple/few others could, too, and maybe meet at 4 or so, however long we'd need to finish the dish.

What do you all think?

dang, just found this thread again! anyway... dec 6-11, every day is busy for me... i get off work dec 12 at 3:30 so i could come by the church and help out with whatever, i just have no time to do any cooking up til then.
  • GrumpyGranny and Tina like this

#46 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

OOPS!!! That easy dumpling recipe was not good! Dumplings were dumped into the trash! BLECH!! So, unless someone else knows their way around dumpling making, we should go with Rosie's suggestion of egg noodles with chicken! I can cook & rip chicken, I even know how to boil noodles 'til they're fork tender, but dumplings? Sadly, NO! Let's firm up the menu and get cooks on board.

#47 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

A recipe my family uses for homemade noodels is

For every cup of flour use 1 egg, if they are too dry add a little milk. roll them out and let air dry for about a hour then cut up and throw in chicken stock with pulled chicken.

#48 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

Let's firm up the menu and get cooks on board.

Works for me...but a couple of questions...Paul's chicken? Dumplings or egg noodles? Egg noodles might be easier and can be purchased in huge bags at GFS...
  • Donna likes this

#49 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

I think the chicken and egg noodles would be a easy fix and a good hearty meal
  • IntegrityMatters, GrumpyGranny, SandS and 2 others like this

#50 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

I will provide a side veggie dish (it's all my daughter will eat!)

#51 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:06 AM

I think there will be no problem using Paul's donated chicken. He has mentioned several times that it is available.
  • GrumpyGranny and Donna like this

#52 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

Do we want to go with Chicken & Egg Noodles or BBQ chicken? Easy to cook either way! I can help prepare chicken, just can't do table-worthy dumplings!

#53 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

Do we want to go with Chicken & Egg Noodles or BBQ chicken? Easy to cook either way! I can help prepare chicken, just can't do table-worthy dumplings!

What do you all think? We could do the BBQ; Paul says the folks love it, and make chic & noodles another month...Up to you all!

#54 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:33 PM

If we want to go the BBQ route then I can bring a crock of pulled pork! That's easy peasy for me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users