• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

#301 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:11 AM

I disagree with him a lot, but I don't think the prez with super high approval ratings hurt his party. She did.

Also... I really doubt all numbers at this point... I can't tell what's real and what's fabricated...

#302 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:19 AM

Also... I really doubt all numbers at this point... I can't tell what's real and what's fabricated...

I´m sure his approval numbers came from the same pollsters who said Crooked Hillary was ahead by 11 points.

#303 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:40 PM

I disagree with him a lot, but I don't think the prez with super high approval ratings hurt his party. She did.

The reasons stated for the demise aren't mutually exclusive. Consider:

When Obama was inaugurated Democrats held 29 governorships. They now hold 15.

During Obama's presidency, more than 900 Democratic state legislatures were defeated.
  • Col-Arthur likes this

#304 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:09 PM

The reasons stated for the demise aren't mutually exclusive. Consider:

When Obama was inaugurated Democrats held 29 governorships. They now hold 15.

During Obama's presidency, more than 900 Democratic state legislatures were defeated.

This election is Obama´s real legacy.

Obama´s hand-picked successor soundly defeated by a Republican nominee.

Control of the Senate seized by the Republican party.

Control of House of Representatives easily maintained by the Republican party.

Heckuva job there, Barry.

#305 grammy

grammy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:45 AM

Can the polls be trusted to be accurate on approval ratings?

#306 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:29 AM

Can the polls be trusted to be accurate on approval ratings?

Only if they're good and they're for republicans or if they're bad and they're for democrats.

Edited by Persona Non Grata, 11 November 2016 - 09:38 AM.

#307 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:07 AM

I think Obama's approval ratings are based on his personal popularity, but not his policies, as shown by the election results.

Edited by CityBoy, 11 November 2016 - 10:09 AM.

• Quasar and Col-Arthur like this

#308 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:59 AM

Attached File  imrs.jpg   28.55KB   0 downloads

#309 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:46 PM

¨Obama's Legacy: The Total Destruction Of The Democratic Party¨

¨In fact, it was the reverse between the two candidates. Hillary Clinton’s character issues, her email fiasco, and the alleged unethical dealings occurring at her nonprofit ensured that she couldn’t hold the Obama coalition together to the point where Democratic gains in either chamber were dragged down to embarrassingly minimal levels.¨

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/11/11/obamas-legacy-the-total-destruction-of-the-democratic-party-n2244680

#310 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:19 PM

Breakfast Club

Jeffersonville Republican #1:
News Update from Canada

The flood of Trump-fearing American liberals sneaking across the border into Canada has intensified in the past week.
The Republican presidential campaign is prompting an exodus among left-leaning Americans who fear they'll soon be required to hunt, pray, pay taxes, and live according to the Constitution. Canadian border residents say it's not uncommon to see dozens of sociology professors, global-warming activists, and "green" energy proponents crossing their fields at night.

"I went out to milk the cows the other day, and there was a Hollywood producer huddled in the barn," said southern Manitoba farmer Red Greenfield, whose acreage borders North Dakota . "He was cold, exhausted and hungry, and begged me for a latte and some free-range chicken. When I said I didn't have any, he left before I even got a chance to show him my screenplay, eh?"

In an effort to stop the illegal aliens, Greenfield erected higher fences, but the liberals scaled them. He then installed loudspeakers that blared Rush Limbaugh across the fields, but they just stuck their fingers in their ears and kept coming.
Officials are particularly concerned about smugglers who meet liberals just south of the border, pack them into electric cars, and drive them across the border, where they are simply left to fend for themselves after the battery dies. "A lot of these people are not prepared for our rugged conditions," an Alberta border patrolman said. "I found one carload without a single bottle of Perrier water, or any gemelli with shrimp and arugula. All they had was a nice little Napa Valley cabernet and some kale chips. When liberals are caught, they're sent back across the border, often wailing that they fear persecution from Trump high-hairers.

Rumors are circulating about plans being made to build re-education camps where liberals will be forced to drink domestic beer, study the Constitution, and find jobs that actually contribute to the economy.

In recent days, liberals have turned to ingenious ways of crossing the border. Some have been disguised as senior citizens taking a bus trip to buy cheap Canadian prescription drugs. After catching a half-dozen young vegans in blue-hair wig disguises, Canadian immigration authorities began stopping buses and quizzing the supposed senior citizens about Perry Como and Rosemary Clooney to prove that they were alive in the '50s. "If they can't identify the accordion player on The Lawrence Welk Show, we become very suspicious about their age," an official said.

Canadian citizens have complained that the illegal immigrants are creating an organic-broccoli shortage, are buying up all the Barbara Streisand CD's, and are overloading the internet while downloading jazzercise apps to their cell phones. "I really feel sorry for American liberals, but the Canadian economy just can't support them," an Ottawa resident said. "After all, how many art-history majors does one country need?”

Edited by Savile Row, 12 November 2016 - 03:21 PM.

• CityBoy and Goldwater Girl like this

#311 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:29 PM

Violent Anti-Obama Protests in Greece 

¨Greek riot police used tear gas and stun grenades in central Athens on Tuesday to disperse about 3,000 Left-wing marchers protesting a visit by President Barack Obama, after they tried to enter an area declared off-limits to demonstrators...¨ 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/16/violent-anti-obama-protests-break-out-in-athens/

I´m beginning to think Obama´s approval rating might be the result of someone ¨cooking the books¨.

#312 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:14 PM

How do you destroy a failed legacy, erase it possibly
  • Col-Arthur likes this

#313 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:21 PM

Violent Anti-Obama Protests in Greece 

I´m beginning to think Obama´s approval rating might be the result of someone ¨cooking the books¨.

Pretty sure they only pertain to his approval rating in America. In America the protests are anti-Trump protests.

#314 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:15 AM

Pretty sure they only pertain to his approval rating in America. In America the protests are anti-Trump protests.

My point was/is that having witnessed how the media and the pollsters manipulated their data during the election cycle regarding Crooked Hillary is should obviously follow that they´ve been manipulating Obama´s numbers, as well.

It´s a given that Obama is not respected beyond our borders.

#315 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:06 PM

4d0dxszehc4y.png

#316 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:03 AM

It appears that our fearless...er...gutless POTUS wants to give the country a "gift that keeps on giving" in the form of 1800 immigrants that Australia denied asylum for being a "high threat".

"In an effort to appease the meddlesome and paternalistic U.N. commission, Turnbull has been looking for a way to unload the migrants on another country. It appears he may have found the perfect dupe in Secretary of State John Kerry.

In early November a secretive deal was exposed where President Obama has agreed to take 1800 of these refugees off Australia’s hands. It is referred to as a “deal”, but it’s not clear what, if anything, American citizens are getting out of it.

Though the so-called migrants were deemed too dangerous to be allowed admittance to Australia, due to their connections with state sponsors of terrorism, Obama and Kerry have quietly agreed to grant them permanent residency, and distribute them throughout American cities and towns, without consulting local governments.

They had hoped to pull this scheme off without any public scrutiny, until congress found out..."

https://conservativedailypost.com/final-hours-obama-moves-grant-asylum-1800-high-threat-muslims-denied-australia/

#317 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:20 PM

Breakfast Club Hoods

NEO

Has Merkel Inherited Obama’s Title of the Biggest Political Loser?
17.01.2017 Author: Grete Mautner

Just recently, less than two months ago, during his farewell tour to Europe, Barack Obama took time to express his gratitude to the German Chancellor Angela Merkel, calling her a close partner, while noting that she would become a standard-bearer of “democratic values” once Donald Trump is inaugurated.

At that point Obama couldn’t care less about diplomatic peculiarities, since he bluntly described Merkel as his closest ally in Europe, which was taken as an attempt to challenge Britain and France by a number of analysts, since those states have been playing the role of Washington’s ally in the region just as obediently. Earlier last year Obama gave the highest praise to the policies pursued by the German Chancellor by complementing her on the decision to open EU doors to millions of migrants, while criticizing London for putting the EU to the test by its decision to withdraw from the union.

However, it’s curious that there’s a good German proverb

that may suit this case: Man soll den Tag nicht vor dem Abend loben

(Do not praise the day before the evening).
http://journal-neo.o...olitical-loser/

Edited by Savile Row, 17 January 2017 - 05:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users