#221 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:07 PM

...or even quoting them apparently.

Actually Woo, I had a little time to think about this and I apologize if you felt I was ridiculing you. I agree with is certain points in your post, specifically about the alpha jobs going away. I would be interested in seeing you point to specific actions from Obama which you think brought that about. But I don't appreciate the inference that I don't understand the economy that I live and work in every day. I have successfully navigated these waters through six administrations and all their shenanigans. I do not get the wool pulled over my eyes as easily as you seem to think.

I can also point to instances in which you have addressed me in a less than civil tone. But, given your veteran status, I feel that I should take measures to assure that you never feel like I am addressing you in any manner but the respectful one you are entitled to. So please accept my sincerest apology for my tone earlier in this thread.
  • karen, CityBoy and grammy like this

#222 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:10 PM

I will continue to operate on premise that the economy has improved since the collapse. Although I don't think I'm buying Mitch McConnell' s explanation as to why...

“After so many years of sluggish growth, we’re finally starting to see some economic data that can provide a glimmer of hope; the 'uptick' appears to 'coincide' with the biggest political change of the Obama Administration’s long tenure in Washington: the 'expectation' of a new Republican Congress.”

#223 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:56 PM

interesting seeing Romney might run again...

Remember Romney's economic promises, he would have unemployment down to 6% at the end of 4 years. Obama has it down to 5.6% in just 2 years!

The deficit is down too, in two years... lower than what Romney said he would do in his first 4.  i like it.

• Donna likes this

#224 apirateatheart

apirateatheart

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:14 PM

Isn't there an old saying about "liars figure and figures lie"?

I don't view the 5.6 unemployment rate as valid or meaningful for two reasons:

- The labor participation rate is so low....meaning many unemployed people are not counted as unemployed for the unemployment rate calculation.

- The explosion of people on the disability rolls...also removing people from the unemployment rate calculations but also bankrupting the social security disability program which I heard last week is only solvent now until 2016.

• grammy likes this

#225 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:21 AM

Here we are with about a year to go... in my eyes Obama has gone from bad to worse... certainly a contender for worst potus of all time... 

This is a NR article outlining how awful a year Obama has had... 

But amongst all of the year’s busy news, it’s worth noting that Obama had another awful year, full of defeats in policy, public opinion and the courts, as well as continuing scandals and bitter karma.

#226 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:25 AM

More... interesting point... 

We’re All Being Pretty Quiet About Obama’s Failures, Aren’t We?
The media are really going out of their way to avoid talking about President Obama's track record.

A seven-minute video that made the case for re-electing Obama includes the now-even-more-outlandish promise that 32 million uninsured Americans would be covered under Obamacare by 2016, along with various other domestic claims. The foreign policy section touted an Obama speech where he said, “and now the war in Iraq is over,” and “for nearly nine years, our nation has been at war in Iraq. As your Commander-in-Chief and on behalf of a grateful nation, I’m finally proud to say these two words, ‘Welcome home.'” Graphics that read, “Iraq War Ended,” and “Libya Liberated” flashed across the screen.

The media carried the message forward. Al Qaeda was on the run. When the GOP presidential nominee talked about Russia being a major geopolitical threat, Obama chided him: “The 1980s are calling, they want their foreign policy back.” Snap! Zing! The media loved it. They bought the claim that Benghazi was not an orchestrated, successful, Islamist terror attack so much as a very good reason to re-evaluate the First Amendment in the U.S. They bought the Sunday morning show talking points and carried the candidate to victory.

http://thefederalist...lures-arent-we/

#227 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:16 AM

UtLd5eR.jpg

#228 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:43 AM

Obama has been an absolute disaster for our country over the last eight years... the next four are not looking so hot either right now... 

#229 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:16 AM

UtLd5eR.jpg

That's hilarious. One of the many things I have against Obama: his status as deporter in chief.

Recently read a first-hand account from a friend who lost an employee to deportation.

"He lived here for 24 years. He was six years old when he was brought here. He has worked and paid taxes the whole time. I honestly did not know he wasn't a citizen. I mean, this guy is flat out not Mexican. He is American. He went to school here, college here, all his friends and family are here. But apparently he will be heading to Mexico where he know no one."

But, yeah, darn shame Obama isn't doing MORE of that.

Edited by kelley, 15 August 2016 - 10:16 AM.

• Quasar and Persona Non Grata like this

#230 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:33 PM

That's hilarious. One of the many things I have against Obama: his status as deporter in chief.

Recently read a first-hand account from a friend who lost an employee to deportation.

"He lived here for 24 years. He was six years old when he was brought here. He has worked and paid taxes the whole time. I honestly did not know he wasn't a citizen. I mean, this guy is flat out not Mexican. He is American. He went to school here, college here, all his friends and family are here. But apparently he will be heading to Mexico where he know no one."

But, yeah, darn shame Obama isn't doing MORE of that.

So is your friend saying that someone becomes a "citizen" and "American" just by living here?  I am pretty sure that's not how it works!   :shocked:

• Col-Arthur likes this

#231 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:04 PM

So is your friend saying that someone becomes a "citizen" and "American" just by living here? I am pretty sure that's not how it works! :shocked:

No, not citizen. American, yes.
And actually all Mexicans are already Americans.

#232 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:58 PM

I honestly did not know he wasn't a citizen.

As an employer, it was his duty to know....

• Col-Arthur likes this

#233 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:35 PM

As an employer, it was his duty to know....

It may well be a legal requirement he is supposed to meet. I strongly disagree that it's his duty in a moral sense.

#234 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:56 PM

It may well be a legal requirement he is supposed to meet. I strongly disagree that it's his duty in a moral sense.

Moral sense!?? Isn't it immoral for those illegals to break the law by coming into our country?

#235 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:13 PM

Moral sense!?? Isn't it immoral for those illegals to break the law by coming into our country?

Not in my opinion. It's illegal, which does not necessarily equal immoral. If they aren't trespassing on private property, they've done nothing wrong in my book. The individual rights to freedom of movement, freedom from violence and freedom to earn a living trump imaginary lines states draw on maps.
  • Pesty Version 2 likes this

#236 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:24 PM

Not in my opinion. It's illegal, which does not necessarily equal immoral. If they aren't trespassing on private property, they've done nothing wrong in my book. The individual rights to freedom of movement, freedom from violence and freedom to earn a living trump imaginary lines states draw on maps.

LOL...I don't want them here if they can't obey the laws for legal entry. I don't want one dime of my taxes to go to feeding them, housing them, providing medical care or educating them. Send them back. Send their "anchor babies" back with them. Send the "dreamers" back.

By the way, your example of trespass is the least of my concerns:

These cases are listed as a demonstration that better prevention of illegal immigration is a public safety issue even though these cases are not representative of the illegal alien population in general. These cases refer to crimes other than terrorism.

• August 2016 — Two Salvadoran illegal alien gang members were convicted of murder in the Virginia suburbs of Washington DC. Jose Lopez Torres was convicted of a brutal stabbing death of another MS-13 gang member suspected of being an informer. He was sentenced to life imprisonment plus 20 years. According to the Washington Post, “His conviction was part of a sweeping federal case against Northern Virginia members of the El Salvador-based gang, in which six defendants pleaded guilty and six more were found guilty at trial.” The other just convicted Salvadoran was Jesus Alejandro Chavez, who was sentenced to two life terms plus 10 years for two murders. (Washington Post, August 11, 2016)
  • July 2016 —  Mauricio Morales-Caceres, an illegal alien from El Salvador was sentenced in Montgomery County, Maryland to life in prison without parole for the stabbing death of another Salvadoran. Morales identified himself as an MS-13 gang member, and testimony indicated he had no remorse for his crime. (Washington Post July 15, 1016)
  • June 2016 —  Aroldo Castillo-Serrano, a Guatemalan illegal alien, was sentence to 15 years in prison in Ohio for forced labor conspiracy, forced labor, witness tampering and encouraging illegal entry into the country. Castillo paid smugglers to smuggle teen-aged Guatemalan youth into the country under the promise of getting them into school and then put them to work as indentured servants in an egg farm. (Fox News Latino, June 27, 2016)
  • June 2016 —  A Mexican illegal alien, Juan Carlos Sepulveda-Castro, was sentenced to two and one half years in prison in Idaho for threatening people with an assault rifle. The news report notes that illegal aliens are prohibited from possessing a firearm. (Pocatello TV channel 8)
  • June 2016 —  Eleven illegal alien members of the Salvadoran MS-13 gang have been convicted of a series of crimes including murder. Jorge Enrique Moreno-Aguilar, Juan Alberto Ortiz-Orellana and Minor Perez, all from Maryland were convicted in mid-May of murder and conspiracy in a racketeering enterprise. (MRC-TV May 24, 2016) New Jersey gang members Santos Reyes-Villatoro, Mario Oliva, Roberto Contreras, Julian Moz-Aguilar, Hugo Palencia, Jose Garcia, Cruz Flores, and Esau Ramirez were convicted in late May in New Jersey of various murder, racketeering and firearms crimes. (MRC-TV, June 2, 2016)
  • May 2016 —  Illegal aliens, Reinol Vergara and Edson Benitez, pled guilty to second degree murder for the death of a 90 year-old Minnesota man they beat and tied up while they stole from his home, leaving him to bleed to death. (Breibart News May 11, 2016)
  • April 2016 —  A Salvadoran illegal alien, Mauricio Morales-Caceres, was convicted of first degree murder in Maryland and sentenced to life imprisonment. (Washington Post, April 30, 2016)
  • March 2016 —  Juan Razo, a Mexican illegal alien living in Painesville, Ohio, agreed to plead guilty to a crime spree that included the shooting death of a 60-year old woman, attempted rape of a 14-year old girl, kidnapping and burglary. His plea was to avoid the death penalty and accept a life sentence. (Cleveland.com, March 4, 2016)
  • February 2016 —  Three illegal aliens from Mexico were sentenced to federal prison for alien smuggling and illegally re-entering the U.S. after previous deportations. One man was sentenced to 57 months, another will serve 24 months, and the last man was sentenced to serve 12 months and one day in prison. (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, February 2, 2016)
  • January 2016 — An illegal alien from Mexico was sentenced to nearly 6 years in prison after having been convicted for transporting illegal aliens, which resulted in the death of two illegal aliens. (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, January 20, 2016)

• averageguy likes this

#237 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:16 PM

I wonder how those who came into the country legally would feel?

#238 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:25 PM

I wonder how those who came into the country legally would feel?

Fortunate?

#239 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:44 PM

Fortunate?

From what I've read, legal immigrants are pretty much as p*ssed off as I about these illegals and the burdens they impose on society.

#240 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:13 AM

I am surprised to find that I am agreeing with Kelley more and more.  "The individual rights to freedom of movement, freedom from violence and freedom to earn a living trump imaginary lines states draw on maps. "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users