• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

#1 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

With all of the scandals and declining numbers Obama would appear to be in his last year instead of his fifth. If you take an objective look at what he is doing and what he has done... how do you think he will go down in history? You folks know that I don't like him and I think history will show him as our worst ever president. But what do you think?

I read an interesting article this morning on RCP. It's authored by Dennis Prager... The President Who Has Done the Most Damage

Prager hits on many of the complaints that I have had about this POTUS. I'm starting to see more and more writers becoming outspoken about these kinds of issues.

I have been broadcasting for 31 years and writing for longer than that. I do not recall ever saying on radio or in print that a president is doing lasting damage to our country.

I have never written or broadcast that our country was being seriously damaged by a president. So it is with great sadness that I write that President Barack Obama has done and continues to do major damage to America. The only question is whether this can ever be undone.

He has mired the country in unprecedented levels of debt: about $6.5 trillion dollars in five years (this after calling his predecessor "unpatriotic" for adding nearly $5 trillion in eight years).

He has fashioned a country in which more Americans now receive government aid -- means-tested, let alone non-means tested -- than work full-time.

He has no method of paying for this debt other than printing more money -- thereby surreptitiously taxing everyone through inflation, including the poor he claims to be helping, and cheapening the dollar to the point that some countries are talking another reserve currency -- and saddling the next generations with enormous debts.

In this president's White House, the buck stops nowhere.

Among presidents in modern American history, he has also been a uniquely divisive force. It began with his forcing Obamacare through Congress -- the only major legislation in American history to be passed with no votes from the opposition party.

Though he has had a unique opportunity to do so, he has not only not helped heal racial tensions, he has exacerbated them. His intrusions into the Trayvon Martin affair ("If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon") and into the confrontation between a white police officer and a black Harvard professor (the police "acted stupidly") were unwarranted, irresponsible, demagogic and, most of all, divisive.

He should have been reassuring black Americans that America is in fact the least racist country in the world -- something he should know as well anybody, having been raised only by whites and being the first black elected the leader of a white-majority nation. Instead, he echoed the inflammatory speech of professional race-baiters such as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

Virtually nothing Barack Obama has done has left America or the world better since he became president. Nearly everything he has touched has been made worse.

He did, however, promise before the 2008 election that "We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America." That is the one promise he has kept.

http://www.realclear...age_120488.html
  • Bikerdude, CityBoy and apirateatheart like this

#2 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

Victor David Hanson of the NRO delivers a scathing commentary about how Obama keeps getting a pass and will walk away a multimillionaire... however he leaves so many others in ruins...

Obama’s Fallout for the Left
He will not be harmed by his “misspeaking,” but his fellow liberals will.
By Victor Davis Hanson
Conservatives keep blaring, “Obama lied!” over the president’s serial untruths about the Affordable Care Act. Even liberal pundits now talk of the president’s “misspeaking,” or even of his “misleading” statements and only so-so corrections.

But so what?

Obama is an iconic figure who will survive even the latest scandal of flatly misleading the American people, just as he was not harmed much by being less than honest about Benghazi, the AP monitoring, and the IRS and NSA scandals.

http://nationalrevie...de/363665/print
  • Bikerdude likes this

#3 hoosiertaxpayer

hoosiertaxpayer

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

What a shocker :rolleyes: The National Review blasts Obama....

:yawn: Actually pretty boring stuff by Hanson..

Obama's legacy in history will pretty much be defined by the success or failure of the ACA (Obamacare), it's the most significant and far reaching piece of legislature that will come from this administration....All the gaffes are pretty much minor stuff that all administrations have suffered from. Only the Obama haters make a big deal over the minor scandals (IRS, Benghazi etc.) that other presidents had as well....

#4 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

The absence of honesty will be his legacy.
  • kelley, Quasar, Bedford and 2 others like this

#5 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

The absence of honesty will be his legacy.

depends on your definition of honesty. :wink:

#6 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

:logik: ........I can take solace 'at I..........did'n vote'im in neither time........ :no: NOPE........I'da voted fer a c*ckroach 1st.........Ins Co's is luv'n the hell out'a this dude.......
  • JHS1982 likes this

#7 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

I think the W and O presidencies will always be linked and viewed in a negative light. I hope it's just viewed as a low point and not a turning point toward more of the last twelve years.
  • Quasar, Bedford and Tina like this

#8 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

And right on time...

http://m.washingtont...residency-poll/

My favorite tidbit:
“President Obama’s job approval rating has fallen to the level of former President George W. Bush at the same period of his presidency,” Mr. Malloy added.
  • Quasar likes this

#9 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

Another legacy: young people extra cynical about politics and government.

"John Della Volpe, director of polling at Harvard’s IOP, said there was a moment between the reelection campaigns of George W. Bush and Barack Obama when the case could have been made to Millennials that government is transcendent. “But instead, they came of age in a period of polarization and gridlock,” said Della Volpe, who is otherwise sympathetic to Obama. “The president they supported could not overcome it.”"

http://m.theatlantic...hate-it/278920/

• Quasar likes this

#10 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

Obama's legacy coming into focus with more clarity almost daily...

One day, when a few bottled-up judicial nominees and a malfunctioning health-care Web site are barely a memory, we will still be dealing with the toxic residue of this outbreak of authoritative lawlessness.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/charles-krauthammer-the-democrats-outbreak-of-lawlessness/2013/11/28/3184b6f2-579b-11e3-8304-caf30787c0a9_story.html

#11 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

https://m.facebook.c...100000918231114
  • Quasar likes this

#12 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/charles-krauthammer-the-democrats-outbreak-of-lawlessness/2013/11/28/3184b6f2-579b-11e3-8304-caf30787c0a9_story.html

The problem is not the change itself. It’s fine that a president staffing his administration should need 51 votes rather than 60. Doing so for judicial appointments, which are for life, is a bit dicier. Nonetheless, for about 200 years the filibuster was nearly unknown in blocking judicial nominees. So we are really just returning to an earlier norm.

The violence to political norms here consisted in how that change was executed. By brute forcea near party-line vote of 52 to 48 . This was a disgraceful violation of more than two centuries of precedent. If a bare majority can change the fundamental rules that govern an institution, then there are no rules. Senate rules today are whatever the majority decides they are that morning.

What distinguishes an institution from a flash mob is that its rules endure. They can be changed, of course. But only by significant supermajorities. That’s why constitutional changes require two-thirds of both houses plus three-quarters of the states. If we could make constitutional changes by majority vote, there would be no Constitution.

As of today, the Senate effectively has no rules. Congratulations, Harry Reid. Finally, something you will be remembered for.

Edited by Tina, 29 November 2013 - 03:25 PM.

• kelley, Quasar, CityBoy and 1 other like this

#13 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

http://online.wsj.co...Opinion_LEADTop

The MTNA is not yet free of fear; the FTC has still to approve the consent decree. An FTC spokesman told me the agency does not confirm or deny the existence of investigations. The organization to this day has no idea how it became a target, nor will it ever because the FTC doesn't have to provide it.

While this abuse of power has received no national attention, it has riled the music community. Brian Majeski, the editor of the journal Music Trades, lambasted the FTC in a December editorial, noting that "a consumer watchdog that sees piano teachers as a threat either has too much time on its hands, or badly misplaced priorities."

That might be too kind. Whether it is the IRS targeting conservatives, the Justice Department hounding Gibson Guitar, or the EPA conducting an armed raid on an Alaskan mine—this administration has a tendency toward abuse of power. That's how antitrust laws created to tackle megamonopolies end up being used to hound and hammer a nonprofit devoted to piano teachers.

#14 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

I've said this from the day it happened....

http://www.forbes.co...auls-fed-audit/

Shortly after Yellen’s nomination passed Committee, Harry Reid called a vote to change the rules to confirm executive branch nominees, including Yellen. Instead of 60 votes, it now only takes 51 and totally eliminated the use of the filibuster, putting a wrench in Sen. Paul’s plan.

Senate democrats are fed up with Republicans blocking President Obama’s nominees. However, Janet Yellen’s nomination is very different from the rest. First, she has bipartisan support and opposition from both democrats and republicans. Second, she is set to head what is arguably the most powerful financial institution in the world. Third, she plans to continue a program that even former Fed officials have apologized for, calling it an “absolute coup for Wall Street.” This is much bigger than politics. This is about opening up the Fed’s books and addressing claims of cronyism within the institution. We do this for other government agencies, why not the Fed?

• kelley likes this

#15 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

Well, the Fed isn't exactly a government agency.
  • Tina likes this

#16 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

Except it is.
  • Tina likes this

#17 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

Except it's not accountable.

• Tina likes this

#18 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

Well, the Fed isn't exactly a government agency.

Yes, a group of PRIVATE bankers have convinced the sleeping masses that an audit would be "politicized" and they have to stay behind the curtain so that they can stay impartial. Hahahahaa!

Wake up America! They OWN your government!
  • kelley likes this

#19 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

I think this fits well into Obama's legacy folder...

JONATHAN TURLEY: Thank you, Mr. Chairman. The danger is quite severe. The problem with what the president is doing is that he's not simply posing a danger to the constitutional system. He's becoming the very danger the Constitution was designed to avoid. That is the concentration of power in every single branch.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/12/04/turley_obamas_become_the_very_danger_the_constitution_was_designed_to_avoid.html
  • kelley and CityBoy like this

#20 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

Another thing that will shape Obama's legacy is his complete lack of transparency and his propaganda machine. The man is on record as stating he will have the most open and transparent administration in history... and is actually the most closed and manipulative in history...

Obama's image-makers are taking advantage of new technologies that democratized the media, subverting independent news organizations that hold the president accountable. A generation ago, a few mainstream media organizations held a monopoly on public information about the White House. Today, the White House itself is behaving monopolistically.

The fast-moving trend is hampering reporters and videographers who cover the White House, but Mills's profession has probably been hardest hit. "As surely as if they were placing a hand over a journalist's camera lens, officials in this administration are blocking the public from having an independent view of important functions of the Executive Branch of government," reads a letter delivered today to Carney by the WHCA and several member news organizations including The Associated Press and The New York Times.

The letter includes examples of important news events that were not covered by media photographers, and yet pictures were taken by the White House image team and widely distributed via social media. This happens almost daily.

http://www.nationalj...by-you-20131121

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users