59 replies to this topic

#41 backinthegame

backinthegame

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

I'm looking forward to helping and meeting everyone:)I may have extra hands a few students on the Jeff High National Honor Society.
  • kelley and Overit like this

#42 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:35 AM

Tina, either one is fine, just let me know which is easier for you. 812-557-3157, or a post here. Be glad to meet you at 4:40 if that will give you enough time to get on over to the rehearsal.

Thanks! I know where the church is so if you can meet me there, that'd be great. That way you don't have to worry about your house being toilet papered by me later. :wink: hehe
  • Bigfoot likes this

#43 Overit

Overit

Closed by Request

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

GG, since it seems like we have a lot of deserts coming I will help out with fruit instead. Paul can always pass that out and it is something they can keep for a few days.
  • GrumpyGranny likes this

#44 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

Thanks! I know where the church is so if you can meet me there, that'd be great. That way you don't have to worry about your house being toilet papered by me later. :wink: hehe

I can't begin to imagine why you'd want to TP my house...I'm such a sweet, kind, gentle, lovable old bit lady...

And then there's the sheer size of this place...it would take an average person a week's salary to buy enough TP to do it up right! Oh, and you'd need a long extension ladder...

Of course, if you really want to do it, go for it! I'd take some pics to post on here, then put my kids and grandkids to work cleaning up the mess. Then since I don't know where you live, I'd haul the TP to Kelley's, drop it off in front of her house with a note asking her to return it to you....
  • Bigfoot and Tina like this

#45 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

GG, since it seems like we have a lot of deserts coming I will help out with fruit instead. Paul can always pass that out and it is something they can keep for a few days.

That works, Overit. Thank you!

#46 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:13 AM

I can't begin to imagine why you'd want to TP my house...I'm such a sweet, kind, gentle, lovable old bit lady...

And then there's the sheer size of this place...it would take an average person a week's salary to buy enough TP to do it up right! Oh, and you'd need a long extension ladder...

Of course, if you really want to do it, go for it! I'd take some pics to post on here, then put my kids and grandkids to work cleaning up the mess. Then since I don't know where you live, I'd haul the TP to Kelley's, drop it off in front of her house with a note asking her to return it to you....

What the hell is going on around here? How did I end up TP'd? Smdh...

I have approx 50 pieces of fruit, mix of bananas and red and green apples. Will be there at 5ish or catch up with someone beforehand. Unsure if I'll be able to stay.

#47 Overit

Overit

Closed by Request

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

I will bring mostly oranges then.....they last for weeks.
  • GrumpyGranny and kelley like this

#48 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

My strawberry blond moment for today!

I have 2 large crock pots that I filled at 8:30am with the yummy beans and ham hocks, etc. I even set aside one portion to make in my smaller crock pot for myself since I won't be able to eat with you all tonight and I never get to have bean soup since my husband won't eat it.

Get home a little after noon and realize that even though I had turned on ALL three crock pots, one of the large ones was never plugged in. *doh* :frantics: The beans have been soaking in the broth and soaking up the flavors I suppose, but I sure hope they're done in time! Recipe says 5 hours. I turned it on high for now. Granny, the green crock will need to be plugged in to make sure it gets fully cooked! LOL! Serve from the black crock first!
  • GrumpyGranny and Bigfoot like this

#49 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

Tina, I think we all have those moments, some of us more than others, lol. No biggie though, we'll just plug in the green one and start with the non-green one and all will be well! Were you able to make arrangements for the retrieval of your crockpots, or shall I bring them home with me and get them to you tomorrow? I can always meet you somewhere since it apparently isn't safe to let you know where I live. Although I've been thinking about the TP thing and decided if my grandkids knew your plans, they would even offer to help you do it just for the fun of it! :laugh:
  • Tina likes this

#50 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

How about if I'm unable to stay, I'll pick up pot from Granny and deliver to Tina?

That would actually make for nice afternoon to look forward to.

Edited by kelley, 14 November 2013 - 02:58 PM.

• GrumpyGranny and Tina like this

#51 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:18 AM

The dinner went well yesterday afternoon. It was our first meal served at First Presbyterian Church. We thank them for hosting the Thursday evening dinners! Their kitchen and dining facilities are nice, and we were able to prepare the food in advance for the meal. It worked out well for us. The turnout for the dinner was larger than we have had the last couple of months and even though we started out with a lot of food, we ran out! The soup and sandwiches were a hit.

Kelley, Tina, Snowman and Rosietheriveter were unable to stay, but all dropped off their contributions to the dinner. Thank you! Tina had her son with her and he showed us a drawing he had done for his mom...he did a great job! He's a very good looking young man and will make a handsome "ring bear"!

We had a number of new volunteers. It's way too early for me to try to remember everyone right now, but I will post more when I finally wake up in a few hours. For now I will say it has been a pleasure to meet new Chatter members and their families, and I am happy to see so many young people volunteering to help us.

Team Chatter is number one!
  • kelley, Quasar, snowman and 4 others like this

#52 backinthegame

backinthegame

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:21 AM

Here is the cake recipe. We enjoyed meeting everyone last night.

#53 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:24 AM

GG, me and the boy were able to come back after the rehearsal and he helped clear tables. :)

And the second pot never did get done!

I left it with Paul and Michelle so they could use it today. Hope it gets finished!
  • GrumpyGranny and Bigfoot like this

#54 backinthegame

backinthegame

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:27 AM

15 oz can pumpkin
12oz can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Combined all the above and pour into 13x9 pan
Sprinkle a box yellow cake mix on top and pour one cup melted butter on top.
Bake 350 for 1 hour 10 min.

Enjoy

• GrumpyGranny, ChopperWoman, masey and 1 other like this

#55 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:29 AM

Backinthegame, the boy took yellow cake and I took your pumpkin one. We tasted each other's and he loved yours!! Said it was the best cake.

Edited by Tina, 15 November 2013 - 07:30 AM.

• GrumpyGranny and backinthegame like this

#56 backinthegame

backinthegame

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:30 AM

Thank you it was nice meeting you both.
  • GrumpyGranny and Tina like this

#57 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

Thank you it was nice meeting you both.

Glad to meet you "Backinthgame" --- and I was very impressed by your wonderful son! So glad that high school students want to help out.
  • GrumpyGranny, Bigfoot, Donna and 1 other like this

#58 backinthegame

backinthegame

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

IM, it was very nice meeting you also. He is a good kid very proud of him. My Husband said we will be helping out every month from here out unless something would come up. I hope my sister will be helping next time. She is going through a hard time and I believe it would lift her spirits.
  • GrumpyGranny, Bigfoot, Tina and 1 other like this

#59 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for the recipe!
  • Donna and backinthegame like this

#60 backinthegame

backinthegame