• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Paul with Exit 0 posted on FB that they are in need of blankets or sleeping bags. With the weather turning cold, he has exhausted his supply...and Thursday night it is supposed to get down to freezing.

Quilts, comforters, anything like that would work, too. If you have any you'd like to donate, you can let Paul know on FB, https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Exit-0/128359257239, on his web page, http://www.jesuscaresatexit0.org/, or by posting on here.

Team Chatter's quilt brigade donated four ugly quilts and some warm hats this evening. Thank you, Overit and crew!
  • IntegrityMatters, kelley, Tina and 1 other like this

#2 Peanut

Peanut

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

This may sound like a stupid question, but can someone tell me where at exit 0 to go to donate some blankets?

#3 backinthegame

backinthegame

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

This is the number I have been giving my friends so they can donate 502-541-2353. This number is from the exit zero website.
  • Donna likes this

#4 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

This may sound like a stupid question, but can someone tell me where at exit 0 to go to donate some blankets?

Good morning, Peanut...not a stupd question at all! With the bridge construction, the organization can no longer serve at exit 0. On Mondays they meet at West Maple Baptist Church at 403 W. Maple St at 6 pm. On Tuesdays they meet at St Pauls, corner of East Market and Walnut, at 6 pm. Thursdays they are at First Presbyterian Church, corner of Chestnut and Walnut in Jeff at 6:00 pm. Saturdays and Sundays they are in the parking lot of Colgate Baptist, corner of South Clark Blvd and Montgomery Ave in old Clarksville, at 4 pm. Donations may be dropped off to Paul at any of these locations. Paul can be reached at the number backinthegame posted above to make other arrangements.

Thanks!
  • Donna and backinthegame like this

#5 Peanut

Peanut

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

Thank you very much.

#6 Peanut

Peanut

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

Can anybody tell me where I can drop off blankets earlier than 4pm? I will not be able to do that at 4. I called the number 502-541-2353 but so far I have not received a call back?

#7 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Can anybody tell me where I can drop off blankets earlier than 4pm? I will not be able to do that at 4. I called the number 502-541-2353 but so far I have not received a call back?

Peanut, I live in old Clarksville, not far from Colgate. If you would like to drop them off here, I will take them to Exit 0, Paul, at the church. You can reach me at 812-557-3157.

#8 Peanut

Peanut

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Ok.. Thank you, I will call you shortly.
  • GrumpyGranny likes this

#9 Peanut

Peanut

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Grumpy Granny, Could you please let Paul know that I have dropped the blankets off with you. He called me back but I missed his call and I cannot call him back at this time. Thank you if you can do that for me.

#10 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

Grumpy Granny, Could you please let Paul know that I have dropped the blankets off with you. He called me back but I missed his call and I cannot call him back at this time. Thank you if you can do that for me.

Be glad to, Peanut. Thank you!

#11 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

GG -- do you know if he could use some sweaters/jackets as well?
  • VietnamVet68/69 likes this

#12 Overit

Overit

Closed by Request

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

IM,
Don't send the one you caught on fire at my house!
  • IntegrityMatters and GrumpyGranny like this

#13 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

Be glad to, Peanut. Thank you!

GG -- do you know if he could use some sweaters/jackets as well?

Peanut, I just got back from delivering the blankets to Exit 0 at Colgate. Thank you!

IM, I asked Michelle (Paul's wife) about sweaters/jackets. She said sweaters not so much, but jackets and hoodies, yes (but no burned ones please :laugh: ). Their problem right now is storage space so they don't want to turn anything down because there will always be a need for blankets, coats, jackets, hoodies, hats, glove...all that winter gear that keeps folks warm.

They are working on a building they will be able to use for storage but it won't be ready for a while yet. I did tell Michelle I can help with some storage until they get the building ready, so any Chatter members that want to donate and trust me to be a middleman (middlewoman? middleperson?) are welcome to contact me. I will let Paul and Michelle know of your donation and will get it to them as soon as they are in need of the items, or ready to use their building.

#14 Peanut

Peanut

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

GG, your very welcome.

#15 Overit

Overit

Closed by Request

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

I managed to get my hands on some more of the lined hats with ear flaps. I will bring them to the dinner.
  • GrumpyGranny likes this

#16 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:42 AM

Exit 0 is still in need of winter gear...blankets, sleeping bags, tents, coats, hats, gloves... Paul can be contacted through Exit 0's facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Exit-0/128359257239, or through the organization's website, http://www.jesuscaresatexit0.org/ .

Anything you can do to help out is appreciated!
  • Bigfoot and Donna like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users