7 replies to this topic

#1 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

==>> THIS RESTAURANT IS NOW CLOSED <<==

This is located in the old The Fill'n Station Cafe building in Memphis. Directly across the road from the Love's truck stop.

13604 Blue Lick Road
Memphis, IN 47143
(812) 294-1148

The restaurant is open now, but not the bar. They are waiting for the liquor permit so they can open the bar side.

The place looks nice, everything is relatively new looking and clean. The wait staff was friendly and provided good service, the food was good. Prices seemed fair as well.

If you are in the area, you might want to check it out. They open for breakfast at 6 am.
  • kelley likes this

#2 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

That didn't take long... looks like this place is closed now...

#3 Poppie

Poppie

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

I wondered about that too, Q. No lights on or cars in the lot. Last night or tonight.
  • Quasar likes this

#4 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

The last couple of times I was in there, I thought their quality was off so I was afraid they might be in trouble. It's a shame... we need a place in Memphis. I know that location can make money if they work it right... they are going to have to embrace the truckers though, talk them in on the CB Radio... maybe even shuttle them across from the truck stops.
  • Bigfoot likes this

#5 Poppie

Poppie

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:50 PM

Yep . Can't figure out why Dennys, waffle house or frischs won't come in. They would be packed all the time

#6 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

The last couple of times I was in there, I thought their quality was off so I was afraid they might be in trouble. It's a shame... we need a place in Memphis. I know that location can make money if they work it right... they are going to have to embrace the truckers though, talk them in on the CB Radio... maybe even shuttle them across from the truck stops.

:logik: .......It SUMthin' 'bout the inside 'at place........cain' put my finger on it,but.....dunno......too BIG.....Spacious.....SUMthin.... :logik: ......no 'atmosphere'.....

ANYways.....give'em a shot at breakfast 1 morn'n......took 36 min ta git it.......an' was all'a 13 bux b'FORE the tip.......an' they WUD'n busy....

I usually do WH in S-burg.....git the All-American , with 2 x'tra eggs.......runs usually less'n 10 bux......an' it on'a table in less'n 12 min.......at's HARD ta beat....... :thumbsup:
  • Quasar and Bigfoot like this

#7 Poppie

Poppie

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

Sure do miss the country style buffet!
  • Quasar likes this

#8 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

Sure do miss the country style buffet!

Me too! It was good early on but by the time they sold out to Love's the place was pretty bad...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Restaurant, Pub, Truck Parking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users