22 replies to this topic

#1 SIwatcher

SIwatcher

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

My earlier post had Jeff at 6-4 w/ wins over 6 bad teams -- I stand corrected ---AHH Providence was 1 of those bad teams ! I correct myself Jeff goes 5-5. Jeff must have tried to correct their wet ball issues this week at practice,only problem was it wasn't raining this week -they had 7 turnovers w/ a dry ball !!

#2 hoosiertaxpayer

hoosiertaxpayer

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

Go Pioneers....from a proud alumni ....Jeff probably has 4 times the students of Providence ...great win for the little guy

#3 River City Kid

River City Kid

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

One of the worst exhibitions of high school football I've ever witnessed.

#4 SIwatcher

SIwatcher

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

Providence has so few players they had to cancel the JV season

#5 JHS1982

JHS1982

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

They couldn't blame the weather conditions on this one. Kudos to the Providence coaching staff and team. They had a game plan and executed it to perfection.

One glaring statistic that I continue to see game in and game out (including Jeff's blowout wins early in the season): The yardage given up and TD's called back due to penalties. Signs of a coaching staff that doesn't demand discipline?? You be the judge!!

Just my opinion!! Stinks like a 10 day old diaper!!

Rod Daily

Edited by JHS1982, 29 September 2013 - 01:50 AM.

#6 River City Kid

River City Kid

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

Dionte Allen takes a pass and runs it in for a TD against Providence only to have it called back by a clipping penalty far behind his 50-yard run. That was a game-changer. Simply no discipline.

In the Alabama-Ole Miss game, on a similar pass play you could see the down-field blocker pull away and the Tide scored, breaking a close game open.

Tough to see a team with some talent continually destruct.
  • JHS1982 likes this

#7 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

Everyone said Coach Oldham was gone when Satterly got the AD job...
Character issues, rumored grade issues,
Put the hammer on v - ball coach but not Football. Discipline on and
off the field is always a part of a winning program..

Lane Kiffin move on the way??
  • JHS1982 likes this

#8 HoosierHoopsFan

HoosierHoopsFan

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Satterly would have ousted Coach Oldham in a heartbeat IF they would have been able to find a good replacement. They knew there was not enough time to find a suitable replacement and they didn't want to go through the whole basketball situation again. It was embarrassing enough they couldn't find a coach willing to take over the basketball program, imagine the public shame having the situation repeated all over again for football. I am a betting man, and I'd be willing to bet Oldham will get his walking papers the week the season is over, if not before.

#9 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

I believe you are correct ma'am

#10 HoosierHoopsFan

HoosierHoopsFan

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

I believe you are correct ma'am

I am no ma'am. How bout a dude or man? :laugh:

Edited by HoosierHoopsFan, 29 September 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#11 Izzy Mandelbaum

Izzy Mandelbaum

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

Wins against New Albany (SONA) and Columbus East would help people forget the last two disappointing weeks. He may survive. He seems like a likable fellow. I choose to not give up on him yet.
  • karen likes this

#12 Play2win

Play2win

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

They need to start the freshmen QB. He has the better arm and yes he makes mistakes but let him learn...what can it hurt to secure the future at the QB position (he's only a freshmen). Teach the line how to block and protect the RB and QB. What I have witnessed, the line has no clue what they are doing and PLEASE stop allowing #72 to go both ways. I know he is the biggest one on your team but look at the film coach....he does nothing but stand straight up and it's probably because he's tried. Last but not least, how in the hell do we allow a kid that is a big part of your defense, flunk off the team. At some point was anybody off the huge coaching staff paying any attention to this kid's grades. "Delegate" coach....I see a lot of coaches out there doing nothing..."Delegate".
  • Domination likes this

#13 SIwatcher

SIwatcher

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

If you weekly moniter grades and notice that there is a problem- do something like don't play the kid anymore until the grades come up.Does that defensive player also run the ball some - I also heard that 1 of the running backs was in trouble. BTW the line play wins or loses games,everyone at Jeff's level has speed and Providence proved a Qb really doesn't have to have a good arm -they were 0-1 passing.

#14 kristi

kristi

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

First off let me say Jeff High has some die hard sports fans. When any Red Devils team is winning its all good. When they lose its FIRE the coach. The last two losses have not only killed our record, but it has taken a big toll on our kids. When the score is on the downward slide, our loyal fans leave in droves. Last week it was around half time. It didn't help our teams morale to see the stands empty WAY before the game was over, or be able to hear all of the negative comments coming from the stands. I may not agree with our coaches all the time, but they are our coaches. My son and his team mates respect them, which takes the back seat to how I feel. If the players wanted to hear a bunch of trash talk from the stands all night about how bad they are, put Cowboy on the sidelines with them!! Don't get me wrong there has been a lot of bad publicity about Oldham, but until he is handed his walking papers, he is OUR coach. I for one think (being involved in the program for 4 yrs) Coach and his staff have done a lot of good things with our kids on and off the field. I was hurting for every single one of those kids Friday, and one little boy got a serious wake up call to "your dad being the coach". As a parent I am there to build them up through the good and the bad times. I have never understood how yelling hurtful things is supporting our KIDS! Yes, I may cringe, swear a blue steak under my breath, or get a tremendous headache watching my son play a sport. My momma told me "If you ain't got nothing good to say, don't say nothing at all". So I will say, "If you can't support the team you came to see, save your ticket price and stay home! You probably have been leaving early anyways." As my son has repeatedly told me,"Mom, without my line, or blockers, or QB with a good pass, or coaches..... my QB sack, fumble recovery, TD, Interception, would not have been possible." That is the definition of TEAM.
So for anyone wanting to see our Red Devils in action, we will travel to play New Albany Friday night at 7p.m. Go Big Red!!

Red Devils Fan
Kristi Adkins
  • IntegrityMatters, karen and jsummerfield like this

#15 JHSRP

JHSRP

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

They need to start the freshmen QB

yea that will fix everything...lol. How are the freshman and JV teams doing this year? assuming neither team is successful at their respective level how would you expect them to be successful at the Varsity level?

Edited by JHSRP, 02 October 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#16 Domination

Domination

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

yea that will fix everything...lol. How are the freshman and JV teams doing this year? assuming neither team is successful at their respective level how would you expect them to be successful at the Varsity level?

Hello I will first say I support the Jeff High Football and go to all the games. With that being said they do have some areas that need work, but we do have a lot of talent on the varsity team. In response to your post I would like to first say you know what happens when you assume... Lol to enlighten you on the JV record they have only lost 1 game this year and the JV qb is a freshman and is doing an amazing job. You know the old saying if it's not broke don't fix it... In this scenario the qb position is in desperate need of fixing. If you did come to the games you would see this. The varsity qb is only a sophomore so really when it comes down to it what grade the qb is in is irrelevant. When you have 7 interceptions in the last 3 games something needs to be addressed or changed ASAP!

#17 grayarea

grayarea

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

My two cents.

I can't thing of any reasonable excuse for Jeffersonville, based on numbers alone, to lose to Providence in any athletic event.

Again, just my opinion regardless of tradition, etc.

#18 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

Is it true Providence only attempted 1 pass the whole game...Wow

#19 SIwatcher

SIwatcher

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Yes they were 0-1 passing.I would have posted earlier but at this point talking about Jeff's football problems is just pilling on(15 yard penalty) PUN intended.As I watch Jeff play they are not doing the most correctable things well ie the long snapper had at least 2 bad snaps Friday night 1 on and extra pt and 1 on a punt.1 of the players said that they were practicing an hour longer --what they need is a better use of time not more time.If you don't have any size or speed there is no correcting that- but turnovers requires a change in habits --drills on holding the ball,if you fumble you sit your butt on the bench,that's DISCIPLINE.The coach said in the newspaper that he is the same coach that put 60 up the first 3 wks --- yea the the competition isn't --and 1 of those wins was a 3A school .How many 6A teams in the state play a 2A and a 3A school --Non -conference -- that will really get you ready for the playoff's

#20 Izzy Mandelbaum

Izzy Mandelbaum

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

Is it true Providence only attempted 1 pass the whole game...Wow

True. But it was on a busted extra point attempt and thrown in desperation.

Jeff is struggling. But Providence executed a great game plan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users