547 replies to this topic

#41 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Briefs, nough said, And no I did not inhale.

Edited by RStephenson, 30 October 2013 - 11:05 AM.

• Bigfoot, Tina Taxpayer and woo like this

#42 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Briefs, nough said, And no I did not inhale.

Not sure what I think of a guy who doesn't know you're supposed to inhale...

Kidding.

Mostly.
  • Quasar and Tina Taxpayer like this

#43 dawizzy1

dawizzy1

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

Rick,
I drive through 4 counties on my way to work. Clark, Jefferson, Trimble KY and Carroll KY. I notice every winter that Clark county roads during inclement weather are always in much worse condition than the others I drive through. The other counties are very diligent about pre treating with brine and there are a lot more salt trucks treating the roads there. Is this due to budget problems? I find it unacceptable when we are consistently the worst at clearing the roads. I drive Hwy 62 from Hibernia Rd, through Madison then take KY 36 to KY42 through Carrollton. I know it seems like a long drive but my employer makes it worthwhile.

Thanks
Dave Wisdom
  • hoppy likes this

#44 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

I will research it and let you know something tomorrow.

#45 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

Rick,
I drive through 4 counties on my way to work. Clark, Jefferson, Trimble KY and Carroll KY. I notice every winter that Clark county roads during inclement weather are always in much worse condition than the others I drive through. The other counties are very diligent about pre treating with brine and there are a lot more salt trucks treating the roads there. Is this due to budget problems? I find it unacceptable when we are consistently the worst at clearing the roads. I drive Hwy 62 from Hibernia Rd, through Madison then take KY 36 to KY42 through Carrollton. I know it seems like a long drive but my employer makes it worthwhile.

Thanks
Dave Wisdom

I thought the state highway folks took care of the state highways and the county did the county roads?

At any rate, I thought our guys did a pretty good job of getting out in front of the weather over the past few years.

#46 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

Quasar is right. I checked with our highway department and was informed that your route is on state roads. I also asked why then was clark county parts of those roads not as well taken care of as Jefferson County. Apparently Jefferson Co Indiana is in a different INDOT district than Clark Co.

I will contact INDOT next week to see if there is anything they can do. I was also informed from our highway depatment that we get request from our district INDOT office for assistance in winter.

Sorry it does not fix the problem. I will post about this again when I get more news.

Edited by RStephenson, 27 November 2013 - 11:37 AM.

• kelley, Bigfoot and woo like this

#47 dawizzy1

dawizzy1

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

Thanks as always, Rick. I would invite you to drive up 62 when it snows, you will see a big difference as soon as you cross into Jefferson. I am still having a hard time with seeing a county official that actually takes the time to do a good job. That is such a foreign concept in this county. LOL

Edited by dawizzy1, 27 November 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#48 Indiana82

Indiana82

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

Rick what happend to the Bethany rd widening project I thought it was supposed to start already?

#49 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

The Bethany Rd project is still in the planning stage. Part of the project is in Charlestown. We have to have an interlocal agreement about the construction. We are not planning anything to be done on Bethany Rd for a year or so.

#50 Ann Graham

Ann Graham

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

With the project on Utica Pike it has caused very long wait on Port Road/ Middle Road. It would be nice if when planning a project
to see how much it effects traffic flow and make some implements for the high traffic times during the day. A police at this intersection
twice a day would have help move the traffic flow along.
  • Bigfoot likes this

#51 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

Ann,

I have been held up by that traffic also and know your frustration. The detour route was the only avenue we could use and the bridge was in such disrepair that we had to rebuild it immediately.

You suggested having police there during peak traffic times. That part of middle rd is in the city and the county does not have the authority. Port Rd is owned and maintained by the Port Authority for access to the port. It is the fall harvest and alot of grain trucks are on that rd to enter the port.

I realize that this is not what you want to hear. These are not excuses just facts. The bright side to this post is that the bridge construction is on schedule and will be completed Dec 20th.

• kelley likes this

#52 Ann Graham

Ann Graham

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

Thanks Rick,

I understand that there are several different government departments involved in almost any project. In the future it would be to the people's benefit in high travel areas to look at a way to help with the traffic flow during high travel times. I notice that in both Clark and Floyd Counties that at different location there are police to help the flow of traffic. I'm not sure if the taxpayers are paying for this serves or the different parties involved. I am thinking it is both because some are one time events, weekly events or daily events. examples are community events, church dismissal, schools day ending and government events. I know that not all road projects can do this or need to do this but it would help in the future to have the traffic issues checked for times that it would increase the flow by the added traffic and add a plan to help relieve it.

Again Thanks for the fast response.

#53 TruthToPower

TruthToPower

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

Ann, did you even read Rick's response? Here is a news memo...when roads and bridges get repaired, it isn't uncommon for traffic flow to be disrupted. Moreover, county and city police departments don't go out of their way to placate the implacable.

Edited by TruthToPower, 04 December 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#54 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

Rick,
Has something changed with the recycle schedule?
It seems our neighborhood was forgotten last week.
Thanks
woo....

#55 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

Woo, I have not heard of any changes. Are you in the city or county?

#56 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

City, McBride Heights, near Oak park.
It seems that the pickup day has become a moving target.

#57 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

I will call in the morning and get back with you by noon

#58 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

I will call in the morning and get back with you by noon

Rick, Thanks.
Not a big deal, I would just hate to have to start throwing recyclables into the trash.

#59 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

Woo,
Found out that your collection date should have been last Wednesday. Not sure what happened last week. If your collection day is not usually Wed let me know and I will get you in touch with Solid Waste director. Next collection from your area will be next Wednesday.

Hope this helped.

#60 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

Rick,
Thanks for checking.
I know it runs every two weeks on Wendsdays, but it seems sometimes they go three weeks between pickups.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users