547 replies to this topic

#441 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,112 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:05 AM

The letter writer raises fair points, but given the elected nature of some positions and the power to mandate, I'm unsure what other elected officials are supposed to do about it.

This letter is several months late to have a real effect. It seems recruiting and/or supporting better candidates while sharing concerns about incumbents is the only way to address these problems.

Is there some mechanism I'm missing that the commissioners and/or council have to reign in the waste and inappropriate behavior?

Edited by kelley, 17 March 2015 - 10:05 AM.

#442 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:59 AM

They can deny some claims.  At the last commissioner meeting I attended, the commissioners denied claims for paying for bottled water for employees.  I think they said it was like $600 a month?? They [commissioners] had signed no contracts agreeing to pay for bottled water for courthouse employees.  

• kelley likes this

#443 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,112 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:19 AM

That such a claim would even be presented is astounding.
  • JenS likes this

#444 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:31 AM

That such a claim would even be presented is astounding.

Even worse is the thought about how long taxpayers have been paying for it without question...

• kelley likes this

#445 Victoria George

Victoria George

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

Rick -- please see about posting all paid claims to the commissioners website.   Thank you.

I will have them posted starting next week.

Before I duck out of here, this is the first I've ever seen of this.  Had I known or gotten the info, I'd have done this. 

Edited by Victoria George, 17 March 2015 - 12:32 PM.

• IntegrityMatters, kelley and Donna like this

#446 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,112 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:54 PM

Don't duck out. Not working for the county means more time for Chatter!
  • Tina, Donna and Victoria George like this

#447 Victoria George

Victoria George

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:03 PM

Don't duck out. Not working for the county means more time for Chatter!

Ha! I wish I could say that. No wait, no I don't, lol!  I love being busy.

In a way, I'm relieved I'm not doing it (co.clark.in.us) anymore. They have SO much stuff going on over there and there's SO much to be done. I don't see how they do it. Keeping track of all the info is a full-time job in itself! 

#448 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:17 PM

Someone told me this morning the county's IT person quit last Friday. I assumed this was Roger Hardy, but the above post has me a little confused....was it Victoria George? Does the county have anyone in charge of IT?

#449 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:00 PM

Victoria was the webmaster, nothing to do with IT.

(that I know of, different responsibilities)

#450 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

Roger did resigne to take a higher paying position elsewhere. Victoria did the website.

#451 Bulldog0605

Bulldog0605

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:44 PM

Roger did a excellent job and will be missed considering it is a three person job he was doing by him self.

Edited by Bulldog0605, 18 March 2015 - 02:42 PM.

• Victoria George likes this

#452 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:58 PM

Yes Bulldog, he did a great job with the resources he had.

#453 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:27 AM

Seeking input:

I am considering having a forum once a month for any citizens of the county to come and voice any concerns about the county. This will not be an official action of the Commissioners office, but a chance to talk directly to me about any concerns that you may have. No action will be taken at these meetings.

I will make notes of the issues to research and advice how to proceed to rectify situations. I would also remind all that I will be honest with my answers and not all issues can be corrected by the County.

I will probably allocate an hour for this to take place. If it runs over I will stay longer. This will be your face time in an informal setting to voice all concerns of the county. This is also a time to let me know what is going right in the county as well as what might be happening that you disagree with. All discussions will be civil and calm. (Not looking to get mugged here)

As I have stated, I am seeking input as to is this something that the citizens of the county would support. It could get pretty lonely up there if I am all by myself.

If any of you belong to any organizations that would like me to visit for any question and answer period just call me to set a date. E-mail: RickyWStephenson@yahoo.com. My personal cell is 502-468-9325.

Edited by RStephenson, 14 August 2015 - 11:03 AM.

• Oldgoat and CityBoy like this

#454 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:51 AM

That sounds like an excellent idea.

#455 encore

encore

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:05 AM

Rick,
The county replaced a culvert on poindexter road near sellersburg last fall. The road was repaved this spring but no guard rails have ever been put back in place. Orange cones have been in place all summer and I assume will be replaced with railing. The area is overgrown with vegetation as well most people may not know how big a drop off is on both sides of the bridge. Can you check on the status of this project ?

#456 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:54 AM

Encore, I have forwarded your post to the Hwy Superintendent. I will have you an answer by the end of the day.

#457 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:06 AM

Encore, just spoke with Hwy Superintendent and the cones will be gone today. I was informed that there never were any guard rails at that site.

The road was widen and 5ft of gravel was installed on the sides. That project has been completed

#458 encore

encore

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:42 AM

Thanks for the update and will pass on to all asking. They might want to trim the weeds in the area coming out into the road . thanks again.

#459 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,112 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:21 AM

Rick,

Please give us some information on what you guys can do to help Trish.

At the BZA meeting, it was said the amendment to the kennel ordinance hadn't been finalized because the commissioners hadn't signed it. As the county's legislative body, can you all insert language exempting animal rescues?
  • cindiloohoo and Donna like this

#460 RStephenson

RStephenson

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:01 PM

We are working with the County Attorney to see what we can do to fix this.
  • Quasar, Gabriella, TrishR and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users