2 replies to this topic

#1 Mary

Mary

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

Decided it was time to try out the new fish place in town. First thoughts were-I'm not really sure I want to eat here but there were a lot of folks ordering so I decided to give it a whirl. There was only 1 person working the front of the restaurant and she was not very enthusiastic or friendly. The screens with the menus on them, suddenly go off and are blank and you have to wait for them to come back on before you can continuing looking at the menu items. The prices are a little steep if you ask me, but I figured it must be awfully good food since there were several folks in there ordering and eating. I ordered a combo that included "filet and shrimp." It did not say what the filet was, I could only assume catfish since she said that was what their top fish was. The food was hot when I received it, I took my order to go! Was still hot after the drive home. When I opened the box I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the 2 filets and the number and size of the shrimp and there were enough fries to feed 3 people! I was quickly disappointed. I torn a filet in half to place on a slice of the bread-included in the meal and realized the breading was what made up 3/4 of the filet's size and the fish was so thin that it was hard to taste anything but the breading. The breading was obviously supposed to be a cornmeal breading, but some places it was so thick and hard that it was difficult to bite, much less chew AND there were some bites where I thought I had just bit into a spoon full of salt! The shrimp were plentiful and they were actually very good-a few were a little greasy but the breading was light and tasty. The fries, nothing special about them and the coleslaw tasted like the kind you get in a 3 quart tub at the grocery store. I was disappointed to say the least. Not sure if I will go back and give it another try or not. Might have my husband give the gizzards a try and see what he thinks, but if I go back, I think I'll stick with the shrimp.

#2 Bedford

Bedford

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Anything new gets a lot of business at first. Whether it stays busy or not is another matter.
  • Serve likes this

#3 Maximus

Maximus

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Might have my husband give the gizzards a try and see what he thinks

Dont do it... They are plain awful, I went there just for them, expecting good ones. All I got was non-chewable garbage, and the coating was so hard it hurt my teeth. They simply have no clue about gizzards. If you like your gizzards hard and crunchy, go to the gas station and get them. Now, if you want really good ones, soft and tender, go to Lee's on Grantline Road.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users