9 replies to this topic

#1 Bored Watcher

Bored Watcher

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

Are they really this bad, is the coach to blame? It doesn't look like the defense improved one bit from last week.

#2 HoosierHoopsFan

HoosierHoopsFan

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

From reading the NT stories in the paper, it sounds like a numbers game. It sounds like a lot of kids have to play both offense and defense. Also McEwen the quarterback graduated and the new QB is learning under fire. The school is one of the smallest schools in 2A so most of the schools they play are bigger than they are. I wonder if at some point they will have enough to even field a football team. Scottsburg doesn't have football.

Edited by HoosierHoopsFan, 31 August 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#3 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

Looking at the schedule I do not see a win for the Generals this year.
As stated above and in basketball the generals have been better
with kids that have transferred from over districts. After this year most
of the transfer cycle is over.....Just random thoughts.

#4 Ray Lawrence Parker

Ray Lawrence Parker

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:50 AM

I agree that it is probably due at least in part to the declining enrollment. When I started as a freshman there in the late 1970's, we had around 700 students. The football program was very strong. I don't know what the enrollment is now, but I'm sure that it is much less than it was in those days. I'm sorry to see the Generals struggling, but I hope that they can right the ship and have a good season.

#5 Holy Cow

Holy Cow

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

I have fond memories of those cross-town rivalry games between the Clarksville Generals, coached by Dennis Hawkins, and the Providence Pioneers, coached by Gene Sartini. They really got after it every year. It is sad to see that both of those teams are now struggling.

Didn't Clarksville experience some success when they were coached by the guy who is now coaching FC, Brian Gleising?

#6 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

Salem........

#7 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

OUCH

#8 SIwatcher

SIwatcher

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

Coach Cooley is really a great guy --he was given a very tuff assignment -- 2 years ago there were NO - 7th graders even playing football.They started out w/ some injuries (a scrimmage w/ Jeff and 1st game against ranked Southridge) last night they used their #3 Qb,they dressed 22 players. When the IHSAA re-classed this year they were 1 student away from 1A -- W/ a very tough schedule especially early.I think that they are the smallest football school in the MSC.If Coach Cooley doesn't get frustrated he will work hard to correct as much as he can given Clarsville current enrollment issues.

#9 SIwatcher

SIwatcher

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

I have fond memories of those cross-town rivalry games between the Clarksville Generals, coached by Dennis Hawkins, and the Providence Pioneers, coached by Gene Sartini. They really got after it every year. It is sad to see that both of those teams are now struggling.

BTW --Providence is no longer struggling w/ a win over Jeff and a BEATDOWN -- over CTOWN

#10 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Numbers have dropped drastically from the start of season to now...
Cant afford to lose kids in 1A and 2A programs. Tough job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users