106 replies to this topic

#101 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

I think everyone had a great time -- and we got to know each other a little better -- good people all! And even though there was a lot of heat in the kitchen, miraculously Snowman did not melt!
  • GrumpyGranny, Quasar, Tina and 2 others like this

#102 Overit

Overit

Closed by Request

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

On behalf of Exit 0 THANK U all so much for serving and preparing the meal tonight.

Paul, for the first time since my husband died I didn't feel empty for a few hours. I need them much more than they need me. Thank you for giving us this opportunity.
Cheri
  • IntegrityMatters, GrumpyGranny, kelley and 4 others like this

#103 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

Our afternoon/evening went really well! Everyone worked hard to make the meal a success. Everything went smoothly. Our team arrived at different times, they jumped right in and went to work and acted as though they had worked together many times. As IM said, we got the opportunity to get to know each other a little better; and we shared a few stories and more than a few laughs. I am really proud of the team!

We had some extra hands, too. Donna's daughter joined us, as did Perfect Insanity's two daughters, Overit's daughter and grandson and Paul's wife, daughter and two young men. I didn't find out if they were related to Paul but they were a big help, too. Paul himself stayed with us and helped all afternoon; he didn't leave until I did. All of the extra hands came in handy and I thank them for coming. A few of the folks who came for dinner offered to help, too and we appreciated their offer.

We served approximately 40 people, of all ages, at the church. We also sent out dinners to go; I don't have a count but believe it was about 20. At least a few of us knew some of our guests, so we had the opportunity to say hi and catch up a little. My buddy, Roy, was there and gave me an opportunity to give him the evil GG look before he made it in the door, :laugh: . That was fun for me!

Gals and guys, you did great!
  • Quasar, Tina and Donna like this

#104 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

Hey, team, I sent a team PM out this morning. I would appreciate any replies to it being kept on the PM. Thanks!

#105 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

What each and everyone of you are doing is exactly what God looks like to me. Thank you for all your kindness. I want to help in the future but I volunteer at Church on Thurday nights this month. Also after seventeen months of sobriety our daughter is being baptized tonight at church.
This is what a community is all about.

Backinthegame, we will be happy to have you join us when you can. Our next dinner will be October 10, and team willing, we will continue on the 2nd Thursday for many months after that. We understand that not every team member can participate every month...things like work, prior commitments and family have to come first, but that is all the more reason to have a large team!

Congratulations to your daughter!
  • IntegrityMatters, Quasar and Donna like this

#106 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

Poor Tinacious surrounded by dem dam Dems and she was still smiling at the end of the night! Having worked the steam table, more than 40 meals were packaged up for delivery to those with health issues that could not make it themselves, but their friends remembered them and took "To Go" boxes back with them, as did Paul & Michelle, (whose daughters were on hand to help throughout the night). There was very little food left at the end of the night and Overit's dump cake was a phenomenal success! Very impressed with the unflagging energy Paul & Michelle spent to lessen the plight of those in need, and equally surprised at how many homeless are employed but without adequate resources/living wage to afford shelter, showers or technical support. A very special thanks to Steve, Pastor Jennifer and the St. Luke's community for hosting the evening.
  • GrumpyGranny, Quasar, VietnamVet68/69 and 2 others like this

#107 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

Poor Tinacious surrounded by dem dam Dems and she was still smiling at the end of the night!

Ha!

I figure since this conservative claims that we don't need so much government, than by golly this conservative needs to step up and do the work to prove it! ;)

And this is on my profile page here:
Posted Image
  • IntegrityMatters, GrumpyGranny, kelley and 4 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users