His story is on right now on CBS. 48 hours

#222 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:35 AM

Very interesting bit of info from the 48 Hours story: Bonet's DNA was under Jill Camm's fingernail. Apparently it was suggested to ISP to do more DNA testing before or during the first trial and they refused..

#223 grayarea

grayarea

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

I can't help myself on this case...I can't let this go...

Yesterday Judge Dartt burned the Floyd County Auditor for not challenging the billing of Camm's defense team until after the trial when there is nothing he can really do about it. In fact, the Courier said that he came down on the county's attorney hard and ordered the Auditor to immediately pay the defense costs.

I still don't understand why they even tried to fight this. I have said all along the problem is in their prosecutor's office. People that were "gung ho" to bolster their careers on the back of a guy that, when the facts were told properly and as instructed by the Supreme Court (not just once, but twice) was found innocent. The problem is in the "there is no cost to great" to keep him behind bars attitude. They found out that the costs...well...are too great. Essentially, Floyd County is now going to have to rely on gambling money to bail them out. Ironic isn't it. They gambled and lost...

I still find it odd that the news is focused on the payment itself, and not the self-serving attitudes of the prosecutors that didn't want to lose the Camm case on their watch. They will claim that "they" didn't lose the case...Stan Levco did. But, when they "won" the case the Supreme Court stopped them in their tracks and told them they had both cheated and try again. Levco didn't cheat.

I find it rather amusing that once the case was lost, Floyd County is trying to get out from having to pay the bills to afford Camm a fair trial (they knew this going in...something to do with that pesky Constitution). And, the past prosecutor's are not taking any of the blame for the fiasco that is pushing the County to financial hardship. Floyd County, be informed next time you go to the polls!
  • Beading Lady, snowman and Tina like this

#224 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:38 AM

http://www.newsandtr...2316986e3f.html

INDIANAPOLIS — Floyd County Prosecutor Keith Henderson is under the microscope of an Indianapolis-based disciplinary board claiming he violated rules of professional misconduct during the David Camm trials.

The Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Indiana drafted a “Verified Complaint for Disciplinary Action” that was filed Wednesday

The allegations, which have not been proven, involve Henderson pursing a book deal about Camm’s murder trials and using county tax dollars to fund his own legal representation.

The commission also claims that Henderson’s conduct resulted in Floyd County taxpayers funding approximately $75,000 for defense lawyers filing and prosecuting the petition for a special prosecutor both in Warrick County and the court of appeals and approximately $175,000 for the efforts of the special prosecutor.

In addition, the commission asserts Henderson’s misconduct resulted in a nearly three-year delay for the commencement of the third Camm trial.

#225 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:00 AM

"Isn't Henderson Jerry Jacobi's brother in law?"

#226 grayarea

grayarea

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:12 AM

Yes, he is Jacobi's brother in law. I believe Jacobi is married to Keith's sister if I remember correctly.

It's going to be very interesting to see how Keith dances out of this one...

#227 Ray

Ray

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:28 PM

Its tragic that those who profess to prosecute and judge law breakers feel that the law doesn't apply to themselves. 

• James-R-McClure-Jr and ICU like this

#228 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:56 PM

Its tragic that those who profess to prosecute and judge law breakers feel that the law doesn't apply to themselves.

Isn't it the truth !

#229 grayarea

grayarea

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:39 AM

What is troubling me is the book deal was a personal matter between Henderson and the publisher. Yet, when Keith has to defend those actions, the bill got paid to the taxpayers? That's going to be tough to defend, or justify, if true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users