29 replies to this topic

#1 hoosier1470

hoosier1470

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

Its July 3rd 2013 and the newly opened pizza king on market street in Charlestown just opened an hour ago!! The line waiting to order is out the door!! About 25 people waiting just to order, and the inside is filled to capacity!!! Seems like a lot of folks were ready and waiting to get pizza king back in town!!! With all of the various pizza places in the area, I am curious what everyone's favorite is?!?! Consider Papa Johns...Dominos..Little Caesar's... Charlestown Pizza company...and don't forget ...right down the road in Henryville, the newly rebuilt Goodfellas Pizza! ( which is my personal favorite). What is your favorite...taste, price, sides, appetizers, etc...who has the best pizza and all around best food in the Charlestown (and close surrounding area)???
  • ctownmom likes this

#2 Manny12

Manny12

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

I like CPC
  • ctownmom and hoosier1470 like this

#3 hoosier1470

hoosier1470

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

Anyone not wanting to wait in line ...and then wait 40 minutes for your food...I'm offering $5 delivery to anywhere in Charlestown city limits!! Place your order and message me...until close tonight!! Which is 10pm!

#4 hoosier1470

hoosier1470

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

I like CPC

I love their Mac Daddy!! But their prices are too high...over $40 for the big Mac Daddy..but, i have shelled out the $ on many occasions for one..lol!!

#5 hoosier1470

hoosier1470

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Does anyone know how to change your title from tourist to resident? Or is it associated with your # of posts? Thanks!

#6 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

Does anyone know how to change your title from tourist to resident? Or is it associated with your # of posts? Thanks!

It will change itself as your post count increases...

#7 hoosier1470

hoosier1470

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

It will change itself as your post count increases...

Thank You very much! New to the site...and have been trying to figure it out for an hour!! Now I can rest..LOL!! Happy 4th of July!!
  • Bigfoot likes this

#8 Ironhorse

Ironhorse

Vespa Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

Good Luck Pizza King.

Edited by Ironhorse, 21 July 2013 - 06:11 PM.

• Bigfoot likes this

#9 Manny12

Manny12

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

I love their Mac Daddy!! But their prices are too high...over $40 for the big Mac Daddy..but, i have shelled out the $ on many occasions for one..lol!!

The Mac Daddy is to much for me and my wife.We get two 8",drinks and tips for less than $20 ok she get water.i get the cheese with three toppings and I think she get two toppings.
I remember the pizza king haveing a great steak sandwich..

#10 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

I liked there strombolley (may not be spelled right) that they use to have at Pizza King and hope they have it now. I go for lunch at CPC every once in awhile and like it. Depends on what you get on how much it cost. All drinks add up in a big hurry no matter where you go.

#11 Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

If they are going to stay around they need to be open and have ingredients. They are opening a couple of hours at a time. Someone told my daughter that they went fora pizza anad were told they were closed becausde the stadff was "tired." She asked her boss if they can close their store early for that reason... :laugh:

#12 Manny12

Manny12

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

If they are going to stay around they need to be open and have ingredients. They are opening a couple of hours at a time. Someone told my daughter that they went fora pizza anad were told they were closed becausde the stadff was "tired." She asked her boss if they can close their store early for that reason... :laugh:

My wife and I went to the Charlestown Pizza king Sat. We both had sandwiches.I had the Half Stromboli disapointed.To much tomatoe paste and not enough meat.
My wife had the half Ham and Cheese.She said it neeed pizza sauce on it (like the old pizza king)I had part of hers and I didn't care for the cheese,but that is just me.
The sign by the road said they were closed on Thursdays but the sign on the door said they were open.I will say the pizzas I saw looked good and they were really busy.
I will try the pizaa next time I go.Sorry I don't remember what their hours are.I think they open at eleven everyday.

#13 Ironhorse

Ironhorse

Vespa Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:25 AM

We drove by Thursday and the sign said closed on Thursday. I called them last night and they don't deliver. It won't be here long.
  • stewartfan14 likes this

#14 Manny12

Manny12

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

We drove by Thursday and the sign said closed on Thursday. I called them last night and they don't deliver. It won't be here long.

Ironhorse did you happen to check the sign on their door..I do believe it says they are open on Thursday..At any rate they need to
change one of their signs.

#15 Ironhorse

Ironhorse

Vespa Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

In post #8 I said that Pizza King would be here a while, today I changed that post be removing they will be here a while. Today we went to Pizza King at 5:00 ( about the time most people eat ) and guess what, CLOSED!!!! Last time I went they were closed on Thursday night and now the sign says closed on Tuesday. Today they were supposed to be open till 10:00, the sign said 10:00 but they closed at 5:00. If they can't manage that store any better than that, they better quit. I won't go back there again. I"ll drive all the way to Jeff to that Pizza King or head over to Sir Danos at 31 and 403.

That Pizza King in Charlestown on Hwy 3 accross the street from Papa Johns is a JOKE

Manny 12, The sign on the door is useless if they don't go by the sign.

#16 Ironhorse

Ironhorse

Vespa Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

Don't surprise me none.

#17 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

Might be to quick to judge--subway ran out of bread on many days after opening and are now doing very well. Hard to get a business up and running and have things go smooth-everyone always wants it to but sometimes it just doesn't.

#18 Ironhorse

Ironhorse

Vespa Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

Not to quick to judge, three times is bad enough for me. That place needs Management.

#19 Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

Sunbway did indeed run out of bread or ingredients a few times when they opened due to the owner vastly under estimating the demand. They did not, however, close. They got ingredients from other stores and had extra trucks delivered. Closing is a whole other animal!

#20 Ironhorse

Ironhorse

Vespa Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

I still won't go back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users