186 replies to this topic

#41 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

I don't agree with either choice. so... nope I won't be choosing.

Inspiring terrorists to kill Americans is not a noble cause. The father did that, inspired terrorists. The father and son were in Yemen together... After the father went missing, the son, looking for his missing father, found himself somehow, with another terrorist that happened to be the target of a drone strike. That's what I believe.

I find it very telling that those things happened in the sequence that they did.

Just because I believe this does not mean that I am all for a war in the Middle East... Never was.

#42 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

There was no terrorist. The alleged target of this attack was not present nor was he killed.

link?

#43 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

So when Bush said Iraq had WMD he was lying. We shouldn't believe government and the agencies charged with knowing these things (nevermind the sheer number of democrats who also believed he had them, but I digress). but Obama is incapable of lying? (Just don't ask to see the report from the investigation of this "oops" of a 16 year old American citiizen because apparently there isn't one.)

Probably because enough people just buy what they're selling,

#44 TrackRat

TrackRat

Account Closed

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

link?

i cannot provide you with that... i read it once and that's how i was informed. i suppose you could search for it on your own.

Why don't you show me one that says there WAS a terrorist killed in the attack? Seems like that would be front page news. Show us ONE quote from ANY official in the administration that claims this child was "collateral damage" in a successful hit on any known terrorist.

#45 TrackRat

TrackRat

Account Closed

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

So when Bush said Iraq had WMD he was lying. We shouldn't believe government and the agencies charged with knowing these things (nevermind the sheer number of democrats who also believed he had them, but I digress). but Obama is incapable of lying?

Who said that? Nobody said Obama was "incapable of lying". Nor has any mention been made of Bush or Iraq or WMD.

#46 TrackRat

TrackRat

Account Closed

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

The father and son were in Yemen together...

When? When were they in Yemen together? Why do you say they were in Yemen together?

#47 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

i watched the Christiane Amanpour interview of the grandfather... he said that the whole family was in Yemen. I'm assuming he wasn't lying about it.

TR, i figured you would know the details about this since you posted the topic. but maybe not.

Edited by snowman, 25 June 2013 - 04:08 AM.

#48 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

Why don't you show me one that says there WAS a terrorist killed in the attack? Seems like that would be front page news. Show us ONE quote from ANY official in the administration that claims this child was "collateral damage" in a successful hit on any known terrorist.

http://www.cnn.com/2...en-drone-attack

this one erroneously says the son is 21:
http://www.foxnews.c...-others-killed/
  • Details Matter likes this

#49 TrackRat

TrackRat

Account Closed

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

i watched the Christiane Amanpour interview of the grandfather... he said that the whole family was in Yemen. I'm assuming he wasn't lying about it.

TR, i figured you would know the details about this since you posted the topic. but maybe not.

You are correct. I did post this topic. And when I did, in the very first post, I also posted a link to the entire story as I believe it. I don't see the necessity in posting it again. But here is an excerpt...

And the dominant story that’s been floated is that the U.S. was trying to kill al-Banna and that Abdulrahman Awlaki just happened to be next to him, which is an incredible coincidence that this 16-year-old kid, whose father was killed two weeks earlier in a targeted assassination by the U.S. government, is then killed himself while in the company of another member of AQAP. The CIA said that al-Banna wasn’t even on their target list, so opening up the speculation that it was a unilateral JSOC operation, Joint Special Operations Command operation. When I spoke to—I spoke to a JSOC guy who was in Yemen at the time working on that strike, and he wouldn’t tell me any of the details, but he said, "The guy we were trying to get, we didn’t get." And I said, "Well, what—how did you feel when you saw that this teenage American citizen had been killed?" And he goes, "Well, there’s a reason I’m not doing this anymore." And so, we don’t know who it was. Was Ibrahim al-Banna there? If he was, AQAP says he’s very much alive, and that it was lies that he was killed, if that’s the claim.

The father was missing and the "entire family" was there looking for him. That;s the way I understand it.

Look, this whole argument just boils down one thing - which one of us trusts Obama more. And that is clearly you. But in this case, you're actually trusting CNN and a Yemeni "security official in Shabwa, who did not want to be named because he is not authorized to speak to the media", because Obama won't even comment on the matter. I don't think anyone can argue that I am being unreasonable in my reluctance to believe him on human rights after he ran on a promise to close down Gitmo and failed to do so. He's also done a few other things that I won't get into here.

You go ahead and trust in him if that is what you think is right. I personally believe that he has the blood of this child is on his hands.
  • Tina likes this

#50 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

Who said that? Nobody said Obama was "incapable of lying". Nor has any mention been made of Bush or Iraq or WMD.

On one hand, a President lies. On THIS hand (this topic) snowman believes a President (his Administration) is incapable of lying.

#51 MBHeights1

MBHeights1

Top Retired Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

On one hand, a President lies. On THIS hand (this topic) snowman believes a President (his Administration) is incapable of lying.

It is still okay for folks to disagree, members can believe what they want.....
  • Quasar likes this

#52 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

What evidence have you seen that has convinced you that this child was "overseas as a part of al qaeda"?

His father moved the family there in 2004... he was 9 years old. His father was working with al qaeda, that's why he moved back there. The son, being killed along with some others... I dunno. seems odd that he would have been with them if he wasn't part of it. But I could be wrong. I doubt it.

#53 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

i never ever said the President was incapable of lying. I just don't think he is lying, he hasn't even commented on this according to something you posted earlier.

#54 TrackRat

TrackRat

Account Closed

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

For those who are interested, here's more reading...

http://www.theatlant...merican/276276/

http://www.esquire.c...presidency-0812

http://www.esquire.c...1#ixzz2ABHMgELN

http://www.time.com/...2097899,00.html

And here is a link to a facebook community dedicated to exposing this crime...

https://www.facebook...hman.14.10.2011

"I really feel disappointed that this crime is going to be forgotten. I think the American people ought to know what really happened and how the power of their government is being abused by this Administration. Americans should start asking why a boy was targeted for killing. In addition to my grandson's killing, the missile killed my brother's grandson, who was a 17-year-old kid, who was not an American citizen but is a human being, killed in cold blood. I cannot comprehend how my teenage grandson was killed by a Hellfire missile, how nothing was left of him except small pieces of flesh. Why? Is America safer now that a boy was killed?"
- Nasser al-Awlaki, grandfather of Abdulrahman al-Awlaki

Edited by TrackRat, 25 June 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#55 TrackRat

TrackRat

Account Closed

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

The next time we get hit nobody should be asking why they hate us.

"If an apparent U.S. drone strike this month in the village of Mahashama had killed only its intended targets – an al Qaida chief and some of his men – locals might’ve grumbled about a violation of Yemen’s national sovereignty and gone on with their lives.
But the strike also killed a 10-year-old named Abdulaziz, the younger brother of the targeted militant, Saleh Hassan Huraydan, according to local tribal leaders and Yemenis with close ties to the al Qaida branch here. And that set off a firestorm of complaints that underscores how American airstrikes can so outrage a community that even though al Qaida loses some foot soldiers, it gains dozens of sympathizers."

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchy...4#storylink=cpy

http://www.mcclatchy...ml#.UdMS5tXRbFl

#56 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

The next time we get hit nobody should be asking why they hate us.

Silly TrackRat - don't you know Ron Paul is cRaZy because there is NO SUCH THING AS BLOWBACK!

#57 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,132 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

You whacko birds!
  • Tina likes this

#58 TrackRat

TrackRat

Account Closed

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

Obama's murder birds wreaking havoc in Yemen. Good luck cleaning up this mess Rand Paul!

#59 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,132 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

And it's this shite that makes Obama's comments in the incident being discussed in the other thread effed up.

If an Ahmed or Ali had a son he'd look like boy killed by a drone.

#60 TrackRat

TrackRat

Account Closed

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

And it's this shite that makes Obama's comments in the incident being discussed in the other thread effed up.

If an Ahmed or Ali had a son he'd look like boy killed by a drone.

Yeah but hell, he just said it once, off the cuff, a long time ago, in response to a question from a reporter. It's just been repeated ad nauseum by people who hate him. Meanwhile they turn a blind eye to these murders. What is it about these victims that make people (Americans) not care?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users