...well the biggest reason anyway.

#2 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,132 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

I got a weird message about mobile phones when i clicked the link.

#3 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,132 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

Worked second time. That's a perfectly good reason.

#4 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

well, at least you admit you hate him. have you always? or just since this that you link to?
lots of folks do hate him, and mostly deny it... LOL. but anywayz...

some folks hate him because he's a democrat... that hes' a liberal. that's all it takes for some people. some hate him because they think he's a muslim, born in kenya... to them he's not considered a legitimate president. and then of course there's his race, which lots of people hate him for. the tea party spewed obama hate with glee during the 2010 elections and that, along with gerrymandering got a republican house of representatives.

the republican party especially hates him for winning re-election. their strategy of obstructionism could not do what they intended which was hold him to one term. so yeah, they especially just loathe him. it's seen in all of the policies, of theirs, that he supports and they suddenly abandon...

and by obama embracing republican policies, turns some liberal lefties to hate him as well. it doesn't even help knowing all of the progressive things that he has accomplished...

it's a big obama hate fest.

Edited by snowman, 22 June 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#5 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

oh... and speaking of the scandals...

pffffffffffttttttt....

hate-inspired? probably.

#6 TrackRat

TrackRat

Account Closed

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

well, at least you admit you hate him. have you always? or just since this that you link to?

Good question. I guess I've always recognized him as just another lying politician. But, IMO, he was still a better choice than any of the dreck the Republicans have managed to hack up with the exception of John McCain, who I would have at least considered voting for had he picked a sane running mate.. As I have said many times before, what REALLY turned me against him was when he poo-pooed the many pleas to do something about the millions of Americans sitting in prison for nonviolent drug offenses. As an admitted drug user himself, I was hoping he would be a little bit sympathetic to their plight.

Edited by TrackRat, 22 June 2013 - 09:41 AM.

• kelley and Donna like this

#7 TrackRat

TrackRat

Account Closed

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

I regret having used the word "hate" in the header. I do however believe he should be held accountable in the killing of Abdulrahman Anwar al-Awlaki. I mean he was just a 16-year-old kid. It is beyond me how Robert Gibbs' justification that he "should have had a more responsible father" is in any way satisfactory to anybody.
  • kelley, Tina and Donna like this

#8 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

that's cool. i've been put out with him over a few things myself.

i think he had the makings of a great president... i'm not giving up on that. i think this is the main reason republicans have been so nasty toward him. they recognized his greatness, potential, etc and realized they had to ruin him any way possible. i hope they fail.

#9 Details Matter

Details Matter

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

For some reason, I can't post a link on these pages. I did a search and found that there is a lot more information about this. The link that I wanted to post would take you to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwar_al-Awlaki. Then you have to read the whole thing.

#10 hoosiertaxpayer

hoosiertaxpayer

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

We might as well get use to it. There will be more stories like this in the future, no matter who the president is.

Like it or not we have to be proactive with these terrorists and the war on terrorism....It's a shame about the son but his father shouldn't have put him in that position....

#11 hoosiertaxpayer

hoosiertaxpayer

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

For some reason, I can't post a link on these pages. I did a search and found that there is a lot more information about this. The link that I wanted to post would take you to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwar_al-Awlaki. Then you have to read the whole thing.

http://en.wikipedia....Anwar_al-Awlaki
  • Details Matter likes this

#12 TrackRat

TrackRat

Account Closed

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

It's a shame about the son but his father shouldn't have put him in that position....

Did you read any of the articles? Do you realize that the kid wasn't with his father when he was murdered? What possible reason could there be for killing him? And why doesn't the Obama administration articulate their reasons instead of just dismissing it with quips and one liners?
  • Tina likes this

#13 hoosiertaxpayer

hoosiertaxpayer

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

Yes I read it,

I seriously doubt Obama micro-manages and is aware of every operation or attack in the war on terror http://www.huffingto..._n_3141688.html and while the administration does ultimately hold the responsibility of said actions... I can't hold Obama personally responsible for every terrorist killed or any collateral damage incurred...

It was tragic and I would like to hear an explanation on the reason the son was targeted....on the same behalf I can't believe this is a reason to "hate " Obama or even throw the blame on him without additional facts.

The war on terror and the terrorists are a ugly, nasty situation and I expect more of these type of things to continue in the future..

Bottom line, if you love your children and want them safe from harm of anti-terrorist actions ,,,Don't become a terrorist or do terroristic acts to others...

#14 Serve

Serve

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

I don't like him, because I do not agree with his agenda. I do not like the policies that he is pushing. Some people can not understand that, they think it is because of race, his birth place, because he is a democrat, etc.... It is easier for them to except. They can not believe that it is just because some people do not agree with him... It makes them feel better. The bigger problem I see... is that people do like/support him because of his race, etc... not his agenda. In my opinion they are racist.

Edited by Serve, 22 June 2013 - 07:01 PM.

• JenS likes this

#15 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

In my mind Obama has been way above average, as Presidents go. He has had quite a few accomplishments with the one big exception, his jobs bill... with infrastructure spending... which Congress will just not even entertain the thought.

But those accomplishments... some of my favorites are:

Got the health care law passed.
Ended the Iraq war, and drawing down in Afghanistan (killed Osama bin Laden)
With input from the military, ended Don't Ask, Don't Tell... (i think it's starting to sink in that gay people are just people... like everyone else)
Passed the stimulus spending bill... extended unemployment benefits after inheriting the biggest recession in history.
Saving the US automobile industry.
Increased support to veterans and signed a new GI bill.
Made sure to protect 2 liberal seats on the Supreme Court, with women no less.
Signed the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. (because the drugs in cigarettes keep people addicted, and kill them)
Got BP to agree to fast compensation to the victims of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill... he saved the gulf coast economy!
Green Energy initiatives -- Increased research on smart grids, energy efficiency, electric cars, renewable electricity generation.
Obama boosted fuel efficiency standards.
  • Donna likes this

#16 TrackRat

TrackRat

Account Closed

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

In my mind Obama has been way above average, as Presidents go. He has had quite a few accomplishments with the one big exception, his jobs bill... with infrastructure spending... which Congress will just not even entertain the thought.

But those accomplishments... some of my favorites are:

Got the health care law passed.
Ended the Iraq war, and drawing down in Afghanistan (killed Osama bin Laden)
With input from the military, ended Don't Ask, Don't Tell... (i think it's starting to sink in that gay people are just people... like everyone else)
Passed the stimulus spending bill... extended unemployment benefits after inheriting the biggest recession in history.
Saving the US automobile industry.
Increased support to veterans and signed a new GI bill.
Made sure to protect 2 liberal seats on the Supreme Court, with women no less.
Signed the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. (because the drugs in cigarettes keep people addicted, and kill them)
Got BP to agree to fast compensation to the victims of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill... he saved the gulf coast economy!
Green Energy initiatives -- Increased research on smart grids, energy efficiency, electric cars, renewable electricity generation.
Obama boosted fuel efficiency standards.

I agree with you about most of this. However, Abdulrahman Anwar al-Awlaki was a child. He was an American citizen executed by the government without the benefit of due process on Obama's watch. I would be nice if he would at least address the murder. I turned down the chance to meet Obama once. If I ever get another, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll confront him about this.

#17 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

I agree with you about most of this. However, Abdulrahman Anwar al-Awlaki was a child. He was an American citizen executed by the government without the benefit of due process on Obama's watch. I would be nice if he would at least address the murder. I turned down the chance to meet Obama once. If I ever get another, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll confront him about this.

I trust Obama, I trust his Justice Dept.

A former senior official in the Obama administration told me that after Abdulrahman’s killing, the president was "surprised and upset and wanted an explanation." The former official, who worked on the targeted killing program, said that according to intelligence and Special Operations officials, the target of the strike was al-Banna, the AQAP propagandist. "We had no idea the kid was there. We were told al-Banna was alone," the former official told me. Once it became clear that the teenager had been killed, he added, military and intelligence officials asserted, "It was a mistake, a bad mistake." However, John Brennan, at the time President Obama’s senior adviser on counterterrorism and homeland security, "suspected that the kid had been killed intentionally and ordered a review. I don’t know what happened with the review."
Caitlin Hayden, a spokeswoman for the National Security Council, would not answer questions about the former official’s assertions, saying that she “can’t address specific operational matters and won’t go into our internal deliberations,” adding: "We cannot discuss the sensitive details of specific operations."

drone strikes kill innocent people, unfortunately.
  • Donna likes this

#18 TrackRat

TrackRat

Account Closed

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

drone strikes kill innocent people, unfortunately.

And when they do, someone should be held accountable, don't you agree?

#19 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

And when they do, someone should be held accountable, don't you agree?

if i were killed in my yard from a drone strike by the US government, then yes. when you're overseas as part of al qaeda and you happen to get killed in peripheral damage from a US drone strike against a known terrorist that the US government is pursuing, then i'm not so sure how that should be determined.
  • Details Matter likes this

#20 TrackRat

TrackRat

Account Closed

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

if i were killed in my yard from a drone strike by the US government, then yes. when you're overseas as part of al qaeda and you happen to get killed in peripheral damage from a US drone strike against a known terrorist that the US government is pursuing, then i'm not so sure how that should be determined.

What evidence have you seen that has convinced you that this child was "overseas as a part of al qaeda"?

Edited by TrackRat, 23 June 2013 - 10:55 AM.

• Tina likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users