• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

I'm not opposed to growth in this area... however I do kind of miss the sleep little burg that we had twenty years ago...

Traffic signal, gateway open the door to TIF development in Sellersburg
By BRADEN LAMMERS
braden.lammers@newsandtribune.com

SELLERSBURG —

Approval of a gateway and road to be constructed off Ind. 311 carries with it the expectation and hopes for the development of Camp Run Commons.

Four years after the plans were conceived, work is finally ready to move forward to help develop Sellersburg’s tax-increment financing district. The Sellersburg Town Council approved a resolution at its meeting Monday night that will allow for the construction of a gateway, traffic light and extension of Enterprise Way off of Ind. 311.

“The most likely users for this particular property are lending institutions, restaurant and retailers because of the proximity to Ivy Tech and because of the proximity to the interstate,” Muncy said. “Unless Ivy Tech goes somewhere in the next 10 years, which I don’t think they’re going to, I doubt if we’re going to have empty buildings,” he added, addressing Langford’s concerns. “Ivy Tech being involved in this project is a huge benefit to us because .... that’s going to drive traffic to that signal.”

As a sign of API’s ability to attract business, Bill Walker, with Big O Tires, attended the meeting and offered his plan to locate at the site once development moves forward. And according to API’s proposal, estimated retail growth will create a property-tax base of $81,000 per year for the town and add up to 150 full- and part-time jobs to Sellersburg.

“This is the gateway we hoped for,” said Town Council President Paul Rhodes said. “Since I’ve been involved in the redevelopment commission, almost from the get-go, one of our faults was we never had a developer working with us.”

http://newsandtribune.com/clarkcounty/x1504162865/Traffic-signal-gateway-open-the-door-to-TIF-development-in-Sellersburg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users