• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:48 AM

I just heard today that Schuler's Restaurant in Henryville will be closing. I heard that it'll be closed by the end of the month! So sad. :cry:

I sure hate to hear that! Schuler's is one of my favorite breakfast places! This is a place that can actually get this simple order prepared properly! Eggs - over medium, bacon and hash browns - crispy with whole wheat toast.

#22 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:14 PM

Sad news indeed! My wife and I enjoy stopping there.

#23 Trav

Trav

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:01 PM

Fortunately Goodfellas is upping their breakfast offering to 7 days a week. If you haven't had breakfast there, now's the time to give 'em a try. I like Schuler's, but Goodfellas' breakfast is incredible. :thumbsup:

#24 Ironhorse

Ironhorse

Vespa Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:50 AM

Can you light up in Goodfellows? That's one reason I like Schulers. Coffee just ain't the same without a class A cigarette!!!

#25 Trav

Trav

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:00 AM

Sorry, but no I don't think they allow smoking inside Goodfellas. I think they have a table set up outside, but I could be wrong.

#26 ClarkBoy1

ClarkBoy1

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:13 AM

I hear Tuesday is the last day for Schulers! ;(

#27 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

I hear Tuesday is the last day for Schulers! ;(

I hate that, I think I'll get up early tomorrow and stop by for breakfast one last time. :sad:

#28 ClarkBoy1

ClarkBoy1

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:31 AM

I hate that, I think I'll get up early tomorrow and stop by for breakfast one last time. :sad:

Me too. I used to eat there so much as a kid. I did hear that the owners daughter is opening a new resturant across the street from the high school. I think most of the workers are moving to that location, so the food will probally be the same.

#29 Ironhorse

Ironhorse

Vespa Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:32 AM

Some one needs to buy that place and keep it running.

#30 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:04 AM

Some one needs to buy that place and keep it running.

I'm curious about why they are closing. They always seem to be busy when I'm there so I would have thought they were making money.

It's not a bad location and has been there so long that I would think someone would reopen it asap to keep the customer base in tact...

#31 GOB

GOB

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:39 AM

Can you light up in Goodfellows? That's one reason I like Schulers. Coffee just ain't the same without a class A cigarette!!!

Could be the reasion Schulers is closing

#32 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:50 AM

Stopped by Schulers for breakfast this morning. Sure sorry to see this place go.

My waitress told me that the owners daughter... Teresa? I think was the name, is opening up tomorrow morning @ 0600 hrs in the old Teeny's building across from the high school. Teresa's roadside cafe is what I think she said it would be called.

#33 Trav

Trav

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:33 AM

Stopped by Schulers for breakfast this morning. Sure sorry to see this place go.

My waitress told me that the owners daughter... Teresa? I think was the name, is opening up tomorrow morning @ 0600 hrs in the old Teeny's building across from the high school. Teresa's roadside cafe is what I think she said it would be called.

I wish them luck over at the new building, but that location seems to doom any restaurant that goes in there with the exception of the Ranchhouse that was there for a few years. I'm curious what's in store for the old Schuler's location. That building along with the old Bigfoot store are now vacant. Also, the old Stuckey's building and the property on the hill is not doing much except looking like an eyesore with all those junky cars and trucks parked up there. It's not a nice welcome mat for those coming off the interstate.

#34 Trav

Trav

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:34 PM

I just read on Craigslist that somebody is working on opening up a flea market at the old Tallent Lumber site. They're going to have outdoor vendors (I guess where the lumber used to be housed) and indoor vendors. I just wonder where everyone is going to park? It should be interesting. I hope it turns out better than the Memphis flea market.

#35 Professor02

Professor02

Rest In Peace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:33 PM

My Dad used to take me to Schulers for breakfast when I was little. We also ate at "Bonnie's" Does anyone remember eating there? That building now houses one of the new consignment shops in town.

Trav, I remember Bonnie's very well and have had many breakfasts at Bonnie's. Ask your dad if he remembers what was there before Bonnie's. It was called Furnishes Restaurant. It was owned by "Red" Furnish who was the father of "Butch" Furnish.

#36 Trav

Trav

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:26 PM

Trav, I remember Bonnie's very well and have had many breakfasts at Bonnie's. Ask your dad if he remembers what was there before Bonnie's. It was called Furnishes Restaurant. It was owned by "Red" Furnish who was the father of "Butch" Furnish.

I'm sure he will remember. I remember him talking about the drug store that used to be where the bank sits now. It was run by my one of my grandparents' neighbors.

#37 cj812

cj812

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:34 PM

Not to bring up an unpleasant subject but does anyone else ever think about the murders of the young men that happened in the Henryville area in the 60s or 70s? Was anyone ever arrested or is there still a killer lurking out there? Seems like it just got forgotten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users