36 replies to this topic

#1 ClarkBoy1

ClarkBoy1

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:57 PM

Since we're not good enough to have our own dedicated section on CCC, let's talk about all Henryville/North Clark news, events, and anything in between.

Edited by ClarkBoy1, 23 July 2010 - 05:57 PM.

#2 Abbysnana62

Abbysnana62

Commissioner

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

No way, Henryville Rocks! I love the Forestry. Many a great picnics and fun times up there. :lol: :D :D

#3 Supermike

Supermike

Chatter Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:02 PM

Since we're not good enough to have our own dedicaed section on CCC, let's talk about all Henryville/North Clark news, events, and anything in between.

LOL! It's not that you're not good enough... it's that you don't have enough people! :D

#4 Abbysnana62

Abbysnana62

Commissioner

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

[quote name='Supermike' timestamp='1279846921' post='743']
LOL! It's not that you're not good enough... it's that you don't have enough people! :D

OUCHY!!:o :o :o

#5 ColtsFan

ColtsFan

Administrator

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:04 PM

I grew up there and graduated from Henryville. Other than what goes on up at the school, there's not a whole lot to talk about LOL. But if you can gather up 100 or so Henryvillians, who knows, we might just open up one.

Don't anyone ask for a forum for Speed or Nabb now! :lol:

#6 Trav

Trav

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

I grew up, graduated, and still live in Henryville. I don't think I'll ever leave. Our town has come a long way since I was younger. Hooray for the Family Dollar store! Sadly, the newest restaurant in town has already moved out ("The Diner"). Also, for some strange reason, there are TWO consignment stores open in town. Kudos to Goodfellas Pizza for being a great establishment. Their pizza, subs, and calzones are great! And there breakfast is incredible...and I've even had them deliver breakfast to my house! :D

As far as Henryvillians, I know about 20 or so people from here that frequent the Chatter.

#7 Supermike

Supermike

Chatter Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:55 AM

OUCHY!!:o :o :o

That really wasn't meant as any kind of a slam... it's simple numbers, really. We had to control the "extensiveness" of the site's main index. And given that I was on the old Evening News forums since like 2005/06, I had noticed the topics for those areas got VERY little traffic. So while I could have chosen to create forums for Henryville, Borden, New Washington, etc., I chose instead to "incorporate" them into the more general "Clark County" forum. Instead of having an additional 3-5 topics on the main page, it cuts down on the scrolling some. And if each area has only a handful of topics, then it will just generate more interest.

That said, if it gets to the point where they Henryville folks are over-running the Clark County forum and taking it all up, I'll create a special forum just for them! :)

SM

#8 ClarkBoy1

ClarkBoy1

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

I seen a consignment store opened up in the building that used to be Henryville Video. I swore I had seen a sign a few weeks back about a farmers market going into that spot. I wonder what happened?

#9 WildGeorge

WildGeorge

Tourist

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:13 PM

I didn't know they had internet service in heneryville.

#10 ColtsFan

ColtsFan

Administrator

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:22 PM

I didn't know they had internet service in heneryville.

Where I used to live they didn't have cable TV. But you could pick up channel 4 out of Indy.

#11 Trav

Trav

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:50 PM

I seen a consignment store opened up in the building that used to be Henryville Video. I swore I had seen a sign a few weeks back about a farmers market going into that spot. I wonder what happened?

I remember seeing the Farmer's Market sign too. I guess the need for a second consignment shop outweighed the need for the market. Speaking of Henryville Video, they moved from that building over to the "Blue Goose" building earlier this year. They're already closed up. It seems like anything that moves over to that building goes under almost immediately. I'm sure the $10 late fees they were issuing didn't help either.

#12 WildGeorge

WildGeorge

Tourist

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:19 PM

Where I used to live they didn't have cable TV. But you could pick up channel 4 out of Indy.

Heck I can't get Cabel tv where I live now.

#13 Snuffy

Snuffy

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

Wow and in Henryville we can even spell too!

#14 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:13 AM

Not to bring up an unpleasant subject but does anyone else ever think about the murders of the young men that happened in the Henryville area in the 60s or 70s? Was anyone ever arrested or is there still a killer lurking out there? Seems like it just got forgotten.
  • cj812 likes this

#15 WhatChaNeed

WhatChaNeed

Key Club

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:25 AM

Not to bring up an unpleasant subject but ....

No - not to bring it up... :tongue:

What, then? LOL

#16 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:29 PM

I grew up, graduated, and still live in Henryville. I don't think I'll ever leave. Our town has come a long way since I was younger. Hooray for the Family Dollar store! Sadly, the newest restaurant in town has already moved out ("The Diner"). Also, for some strange reason, there are TWO consignment stores open in town. Kudos to Goodfellas Pizza for being a great establishment. Their pizza, subs, and calzones are great! And there breakfast is incredible...and I've even had them deliver breakfast to my house! :D

As far as Henryvillians, I know about 20 or so people from here that frequent the Chatter.

Ain' in Henryville, but close........Forgot 'bout Shulers.....good breakfast cook'n right there......1 of the few places you can still "light up"

#17 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:04 AM

Ain' in Henryville, but close........Forgot 'bout Shulers.....good breakfast cook'n right there......1 of the few places you can still "light up"

I'm a Schulers fan too! They can whip up a great breakfast!

#18 Trav

Trav

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:21 PM

My Dad used to take me to Schulers for breakfast when I was little. We also ate at "Bonnie's" Does anyone remember eating there? That building now houses one of the new consignment shops in town.

#19 Guest_Mahoneys32_*

Guest_Mahoneys32_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:30 AM

Not to bring up an unpleasant subject but does anyone else ever think about the murders of the young men that happened in the Henryville area in the 60s or 70s? Was anyone ever arrested or is there still a killer lurking out there? Seems like it just got forgotten.

No there hasn't been any arrest, and good luck on obataining any info ect from state police as its still an open case and the will NOT release any details. :(
Thier names were Richard Sweeney, Jeff Burkett , and Donnie Able? ( I think that was DOnnies Last name) I had a a pretty extensive amount of info I had gathered put a majority of it up on EN forum and they wiped it out. In the mean time I had a PC issue and lost everything I had.
  • cj812 likes this

#20 Trav

Trav

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:43 PM

I just heard today that Schuler's Restaurant in Henryville will be closing. I heard that it'll be closed by the end of the month! So sad. :cry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users