60 replies to this topic

#41 Jules

Jules

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

I feel bad now. :( I don't think I could give you the first name of any wait person I've ever had...But, I'm not big on shineola-chat...I don't know them and they don't know me and all I really want them to know about me is that if I order a bottled beer, I want a glass with it please.

I suppose it's not much different though that people who like a certain bartender, so I'm probably the oddball as I could care less...LOL

Edited by Jules, 15 April 2013 - 08:55 PM.

#42 Jules

Jules

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

What exactly is shineola chat??...c h i t is a bad word??

#43 Maximus

Maximus

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

I guess this would be based on how much you eat out. I like to cook, so eating out, for me, is limited to maybe once a week. Socializing with any one server would be rare; going to the same place over and over again, to the point of everyone knowing your name, is not for me.
  • Jules likes this

#44 Jules

Jules

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

I guess this would be based on how much you eat out. I like to cook, so eating out, for me, is limited to maybe once a week. Socializing with any one server would be rare; going to the same place over and over again, to the point of everyone knowing your name, is not for me.

Same here and that's probably why servers don't stand out to me either...We just don't go to any one one place often enough...If we manage to get out together once or twice a month we're lucky...Plus, it's not so much that I "like" to cook, ( although I'm not too bad), but I like being in control of ingredients, portion size, etc...So I feel I can eat better/healthier at home.

#45 deerhunter

deerhunter

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

That would be nice. Mike has said it would cost $200,000 to repair the damage. I think i could raise half of that from the citizens of Jeffersonville if Mike would agree to resign as mayor and go back to managing Jerry's.

Mike how are you? I haven't been posting for awhile but have been reading everything. Now that you have found out about Mike Moore will you honestly say to everyone that you miss Tommy Galligan. LOL

#46 Serve

Serve

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

Same here and that's probably why servers don't stand out to me either...We just don't go to any one one place often enough...If we manage to get out together once or twice a month we're lucky...Plus, it's not so much that I "like" to cook, ( although I'm not too bad), but I like being in control of ingredients, portion size, etc...So I feel I can eat better/healthier at home.

I don't go to the same place often either... I think that is what is/was unique about those waitresses and Jerry's..... They would pick on you fairly quickly.. especially if you dished it out to them. Then they would remember you...... I ended up with a bunch of salt in my coffee once.... from one of them.
  • GrumpyGranny likes this

#47 Maximus

Maximus

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

If we manage to get out together once or twice a month we're lucky

Since you get out so rarely, I would like to make a recommendation for a great dinning experience. You seem to be a very diverse person who can think outside of the box, so I think you would highly enjoy this place. It's a little restaurant on Bardstown Rd. in the Highlands, called Ramsis. I have enjoyed everything I have ever ordered there. I would especially recommend the Calimari as an appetizer. it's the best I have ever had from anywhere. Even if you don't like Calimari, you will like theirs. You can expect to spend 40 to 50 bucks for a party of 2, but it's well worth it.
  • hoosiertaxpayer, Jules, Oldgoat and 1 other like this

#48 hoosiertaxpayer

hoosiertaxpayer

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Maximus is right Ramsi's is excellent , an unusual mixture from dishes from around the world, nice atmosphere and always busy....
  • Jules and Cutiedoll58 like this

#49 Maximus

Maximus

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Did you try the calamri? I can't express how good it is there compared to others. I drive there just for this one dish.

#50 Jules

Jules

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

I'm familiar with Ramsi's, ( son #1 lives almost directly across the street from it), but have never eaten there...With such positive recommendations though we'll definitely give it a try.

If I've made us sound like recluses, we really aren't...We actually had a life at one point. :) One word...KIDS!!
  • Quasar likes this

#51 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

Jules, even my wife and I have dined at Ramsi's! Great food!! You and hubs need to get out more. And the calamri is pretty good.

(My daughter and son-in-law took us there)

#52 jcesbj

jcesbj

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:59 AM

Jon from Stricker's Here. I finally got the Café straightened out. (Got to love the restaurant business) We have good people in place once again and I'm acting as general manager until I can find a qualified individual to pass the torch. But.. I'm still looking for two great servers. Does anyone know where I can find Vicki, Dolly or Tiffany?

#53 Manny12

Manny12

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:28 AM

John: Vicki doesn't want to come back on this side of the river,she doesn't want to pay the toll. I will contact Dolly and see what she says. Good luck.

#54 Manny12

Manny12

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

Sorry John Dolly is not interested at this time.

#55 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:45 AM

Is this the guy that owned the place for a minute?

http://m.wave3.com/w...ntguid=6udqp8D0

#56 Manny12

Manny12

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:57 AM

As far as I know John has always been the owner of Strickers.

#57 Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:29 AM

Kelley, Brad is the person that took over "Chuck's Café" . He and his wife ran the restaurant for about 1 1/2 to 2 years.

The original owner of Stricker's  sold out after a couple of years. I think John took over and has ran that restaurant since.

#58 Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:12 AM

Jon, had breakfast at your place this morning. The food was good, as always. However, the service was off. I was there early and there were only 8 other customers. Two orders came as ordered. The third ordered 2 eggs, sausage and toast. He got 2 eggs, hash browns, and bacon. Told the waitress it was supposed to be sausage and toast and she said she would take care of it. The right order was never delivered.

The fourth person ordered biscuits and gravy. He was served two eggs, hash browns, and biscuits and gravy.

Coffee refills were extremely slow. When she did come the pot had only enough to refill 2 of the 3 cups. When I left I had to stop at Thorntons to get my morning coffee fix. I do drink a lot of coffee in the mornings.

#59 backinthegame

backinthegame

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 10:54 PM

The last time I was at Chucks with my son we had biscuits and gravy. The gravy was runny. I may have seen you Mike with some of your friends.

#60 Manny12

Manny12

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:23 AM

FYI: Chucks is now A Nice Restaurant. It is owned by a very nice young man. The food and service are great. They support a lot of things in the community. I recommend everyone stop in in and give it a try.
  • kelley, Donna and grammy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users