60 replies to this topic

#21 backinthegame

backinthegame

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

I was going in the morning for French toast. I may have to try Stickers instead .

#22 MBHeights1

MBHeights1

Top Retired Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

So let me see if I've got this straight; Vicki and Dolly worked at Jerrys, then were fired with new ownership. Then Vicki and Dolly went to Chucks, and also got each one of their daughers hired, as well.That makes 4 waitresses. Then all 4 had a dispute with Chucks, and or a customer. Police were called, and they no longer have jobs.

And it was the Mayors fault.
  • backinthegame likes this

#23 Maximus

Maximus

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Waitresses are important. Coffee doesn't pour itself.

Agree, I tip 50% of my bill when service is excellent if not it drops to 10%.

#24 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

Looks like there were two blowups this morning. I only saw one, the first one. I was there for 15-20 minutes afterwards and never did see the police. Based on what I've read here it looks like the 2nd venting was worse than the first.

Maximus, there are a lot of pieces to all this and I can see why it sounds strange to someone that does not know those involved but at this time I can't say anymore. I think anyone that knows the waitresses will agree they were all top notch.

#25 Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Is there anyplace in Jeff to get GOOD liver and onions?

#26 backinthegame

backinthegame

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

Is there anyplace in Jeff to get GOOD liver and onions?

I was told Stickers. My mother makes the best I have ever had.

#27 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

I make a good liver and onions on occasion. But don't have a restaurant. Speaking of that I may have to make some this week. Sounds good!

#28 Maximus

Maximus

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

You guys gross me out with this liver and onions thing. The liver is a blood filter organ, and you want to eat it...Yuck.
  • Brian Coffman, Tina and Deckhand like this

#29 backinthegame

backinthegame

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

Must be the animal inside me. I do like your gross me out saying lol.
  • Bigfoot likes this

#30 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

I had Liver and Onions at Strickers last week. It was pretty good. But not as good as Jerry's.

#31 Manny12

Manny12

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

I've never liked liver and onions,my Mom made me eat it when I was young.
Thanks Maximus I now know why.LOL

#32 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,165 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

I used to like liver and onions...never gave much thought to a liver's purpose, until now. Maximus has educated me a bit.. :unsure:

#33 Manny12

Manny12

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

Looks like there were two blowups this morning. I only saw one, the first one. I was there for 15-20 minutes afterwards and never did see the police. Based on what I've read here it looks like the 2nd venting was worse than the first.

Maximus, there are a lot of pieces to all this and I can see why it sounds strange to someone that does not know those involved but at this time I can't say anymore. I think anyone that knows the waitresses will agree they were all top notch.

There is a lot more going on there than we as customers know.I hope it all gets worked out for the good.
I wish them luck.

#34 GreenShoes

GreenShoes

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

I was in the restaurant biz for a long time (on the management side too) and NEVER, under any circumstances, does the owner/manager have any right to even yell at a customer in front of other patrons- let alone cuss at them. Then he goes and drops the "f" bomb in front of everyone, children included? Inexcusable in my book and I know I'll never spend another dime in there. It sounds like he has no clue how to deal with the public and probably doesn't need to be running a restaurant with that attitude. I realize there are always 2 sides to every story, but when you own a business you are subject to public opinion. When you run a restaurant, you are subject to criticism. What separates a good owner from a bad owner is how he handles that criticism. I don't care if a patron says your Mom is a hoe- you smile, nod and either walk away or take the patron to a private place to discuss the problem. It's never done in the middle of the dining area and certainly not to the point where police have to be called, customers walk out and God forbid- you end up being the topic of a thread on Clark County Chatter. That's a death sentence in itself! :devil:

That being said, I have to wonder...these servers that people rave about were fired from Jerry's. Then there was a conflict and they either walked out of Chuck's or were fired from there. Does anyone else see the common factor here? I know NOTHING about these women, I wouldn't know them if they smacked me in the face. It just makes me go hmmmm... :hmm:

#35 backinthegame

backinthegame

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

Could have been watching to much Hell's Kitchen ? On a light note, I hope everything works out for everyone involved.

#36 Manny12

Manny12

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

I was in the restaurant biz for a long time (on the management side too) and NEVER, under any circumstances, does the owner/manager have any right to even yell at a customer in front of other patrons- let alone cuss at them. Then he goes and drops the "f" bomb in front of everyone, children included? Inexcusable in my book and I know I'll never spend another dime in there. It sounds like he has no clue how to deal with the public and probably doesn't need to be running a restaurant with that attitude. I realize there are always 2 sides to every story, but when you own a business you are subject to public opinion. When you run a restaurant, you are subject to criticism. What separates a good owner from a bad owner is how he handles that criticism. I don't care if a patron says your Mom is a hoe- you smile, nod and either walk away or take the patron to a private place to discuss the problem. It's never done in the middle of the dining area and certainly not to the point where police have to be called, customers walk out and God forbid- you end up being the topic of a thread on Clark County Chatter. That's a death sentence in itself! :devil:

That being said, I have to wonder...these servers that people rave about were fired from Jerry's. Then there was a conflict and they either walked out of Chuck's or were fired from there. Does anyone else see the common factor here? I know NOTHING about these women, I wouldn't know them if they smacked me in the face. It just makes me go hmmmm... :hmm:

I understand that not knowing these two ladies it would make you go hmmmm.I have known both these ladies for about eight years and I believe there is more going on than we know.

#37 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

You guys gross me out with this liver and onions thing. The liver is a blood filter organ, and you want to eat it...Yuck.

I like it RAW!
  • ChopperWoman likes this

#38 Jules

Jules

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

I've never thought about choosing a resturant based on my fondness for the wait staff...When I do go to dinner it's to relax w/family and friends and enjoy the meal...Someone has to provide very bad service for me to not tip the typical 15-20%, so I do appreciate the work waiters and waitresses do and the way they're paid, but basically all I'm looking for is pleasant and efficient service.
  • Quasar, backinthegame and Peanut like this

#39 Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Before you go Hmmmmm too long you need to know Vicki worked for Mike Moore at two restaurants for 25-30 years. Her daughter has worked Sundays and filled in as needed at Jerry's for several years, and Dolly worked at Jerry's 8 -10 years. I never heard of a problem with any of them until the second ownership of Jerry's (Mike & Matt). When people came to dine they would often ask what tables one of the ladys had so they could be waited on by their favorite. This continued at Chuck's as patrons often asked for their favorite waitress. It was one big happy family!
  • GrumpyGranny and kelley like this

#40 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

Bill and I often pick where we want to eat based on who will be waiting on us. Vicki, Dolly, and Angie at Jerry's. Steve at Strickers. Stacy at Chuys. Tony at Buckheads. Susan at Third Base, and so on. With our favorites we not only know we'll get good service, we know we'll have a fun time as well.
  • GrumpyGranny, Oldgoat and Peanut like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users