60 replies to this topic

#1 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

Vicki, Vicki's daughter, Tiffany, Dolly and her daughter are no longer employed at Chuck's Cafe. However, all of them are now available for new waitress employment! Here is the opportunity for anyone in the restaurant bussiness to hire four of the best waitresses in the louisville area!! These gals were loved by all when they worked for Jerry's and will be an asset in making any restaurant a success. There is a good customer base in Jeffersonville (and Clarksville, Charlestown, and Louisville) that will follow these waitresses wherever they are hired.

Edited by Not Super But Honest Mike, 14 April 2013 - 11:44 AM.

• trinidy and Need more cow bell like this

#2 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

But...but...we just got in the chuck's habit. Jerry's is closed, and the waffle is supposed to be closed w/i the week for the stupid bridge!

Edited by kelley, 14 April 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#3 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Dare we hope Jerry's is reopening and they will be back there?

#4 Manny12

Manny12

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Heard there was a big blow at Chucks this morning. Police were calle,customers walking out. This all from someone who tried to have breakfast there.

#5 Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

But...but...we just got in the chuck's habit. Jerry's is closed, and the waffle is supposed to be closed w/i the week for the stupid bridge!

Well.....Chuck's is still open and serving the good food they are known for, but it will be served by other people.

Jerry's closed, and the awful house and Micky Ds will soon be closed. That is three breakfast restaurants....that were doing well....closed down. Now would be a good time for a breakfast and lunch restaurant to open.

#6 Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Heard there was a big blow at Chucks this morning. Police were calle,customers walking out. This all from someone who tried to have breakfast there.

I was there and it was not a "big blow", just a little steam being vented. I did not see the police or customers walking out. Brad apologized to everyone and gave those dining a breakfast on the house. It went smooth.

#7 Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Dare we hope Jerry's is reopening and they will be back there?

That would be nice. Mike has said it would cost $200,000 to repair the damage. I think i could raise half of that from the citizens of Jeffersonville if Mike would agree to resign as mayor and go back to managing Jerry's.

#8 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

That would be nice. Mike has said it would cost $200,000 to repair the damage. I think i could raise half of that from the citizens of Jeffersonville if Mike would agree to resign as mayor and go back to managing Jerry's.

Thump!!!!!
  • Quasar, Bigfoot and backinthegame like this

#9 me myself and i

me myself and i

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

I was there and it was not a "big blow", just a little steam being vented. I did not see the police or customers walking out. Brad apologized to everyone and gave those dining a breakfast on the house. It went smooth.

#10 RiverFox

RiverFox

Resident Historian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

Well ... that was informative. :thumbsup:

#11 me myself and i

me myself and i

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

This is my first post and the parent post has compelled me to respond as I had first hand experience in the goings on at the restaurant this morning.
I was there as well and the cops were there twice this morning. I have never been there before and will never go back, I should have known something was quite odd about the place when you have to post in numerous locations that you have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. Being that he had to remove these servers listed in the prior post who most people know and like in the restaurant from other businesses. That and the fact police had to be called twice and another server quit during the second incident makes me to believe that this is not a good business for Jeffersonville. Along with the nerve to call a customer fat and tell him to get the f out of his restaurant is not the kind service that should be frequented. The owner very loudly cussed out a customer because of a question over the bill. The owner was completely out of line and inappropriate yelling f--k several times in the presence of other customers and young children. I will never return. There was nothing smooth this morning at Chuck's Cafe and a LOT of steam came from the OWNER.
  • Need more cow bell likes this

#12 Need more cow bell

Need more cow bell

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Thanks for the facts. I will never spend my hard earned money there. Guarantee Vicki, Dolly and Tiffany will take this guys business with them where ever they end up. He didn't think that one out.

#13 hoppy

hoppy

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

I agree. I won't go back.

#14 grammy

grammy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

chucks was recently sold. new owner

#15 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

We usually go to Strickers for Sunday breakfast but for some reason today I decided we should go to Chuck's instead. All I can say is wow. We just wanted to eat breakfast. The police got there shortly after we did. It took forever to get our food.

I have to compliment our waitress though. She wasn't there when whatever happened went down. She was called to come in early for work because 4 waitresses had quit. Her mom came into work with her to help out by getting menus and drinks to customers. They both kept a very positive attitude and smiles on their faces while all the drama was going on around them. Good job ladies!

I don't know exactly what happened. I wish Vicki, Dolly, and their daughters well.

We should have gone to Strickers. My bad.

#16 Manny12

Manny12

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

If the owner was cussing out customers and all this in front of children. Sound like a blow out to me. I wasn't there but it would take more than a free breakfast to get me back. He had a good thing going. Now he has lost customers. Vickie,Dolly let me know where you are working I'll be there.
  • hoppy likes this

#17 Maximus

Maximus

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

So far this seems to be a one sided issue. It appears that a big chunk of info is missing. Why were the police called in the first place?

#18 JeffResident

JeffResident

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

This board has the most posts about what waitresses are working where out of any I've ever seen.
  • Poppie likes this

#19 Maximus

Maximus

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

Vicki, Vicki's daughter, Tiffany, Dolly and her daughter are no longer employed at Chuck's Cafe.

So let me see if I've got this straight; Vicki and Dolly worked at Jerrys, then were fired with new ownership. Then Vicki and Dolly went to Chucks, and also got each one of their daughers hired, as well.That makes 4 waitresses. Then all 4 had a dispute with Chucks, and or a customer. Police were called, and they no longer have jobs. Does that pretty much sum it up? I think I need an anti-Chatter pill for even responding to this thread.

#20 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Waitresses are important. Coffee doesn't pour itself.
  • GrumpyGranny and backinthegame like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users