• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

Volunteers are needed for a clean up of the homeless camps this Saturday, April 13th. For more information, or to volunteer go to:

http://mynorthsidese...-jeffersonville
  • kelley, Quasar and Bigfoot like this

#2 RPPWG

RPPWG

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

What can we do to get the area cleaned up under I65. I drive thru that way every day. Its a shame the way all the trash is laying around there and that someone has spray painted under there as well. The city needs to do something about this. You should be able to drive down the street without having someone holler at your car or have to stop because the homeless are in the middle of the street.

#3 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

That situation will be eliminated soon as individuals staying there are being relocated due to bridge construction. Without checking notes, I believe the area must be cleared by first week of September at the absolute latest.

#4 Exit 0

Exit 0

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

phase 1 is complete .going i.to the next one we will be bacl out tomorrow with relocating and cleaning up. we r getting there

#5 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

Also, thanks to city officials who came out yesterday and joined the task force and service providers in actually walking the area people are staying and talking to impacted individuals, a dumpster is being placed in the area. This should help keep the area cleaner, eliminate safety and liability concerns related to city workers collecting bagged trash, and save ministry resources which were being used hauling trash out of the area, allowing Paul and his organization to concentrate getting people off the streets, which benefits the entire community.

Lisa Gill and Dennis Julius both took the time to come out, hike through camps and engage those we met. Bagged trash was picked up by the end of the day, and it's my understanding Lisa led the effort to have the dumpster placed which will be of great help going forward.
  • GrumpyGranny, Bigfoot, Exit 0 and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users