• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

We invite our members to share their thoughts about the Chatter... Perhaps you have made friends through the site, or have a Chatter story to share...

Please, note...This is not the place for complaints about the site or the members. You may continue to use the Chatterbox's complaint thread, use the report feature or PM any of the staff with complaints about the site or any member. Posts of this nature will be moved to the appropriate forum/thread or will be removed and addressed privately.
  • cindiloohoo, Quasar, wyme and 1 other like this

#2 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Thank you GrumpyGranny! You have done a tremendous job of detailing the history of the Clark County Chatter! I expect that many members will show great interest in our history.

As you pointed out we do owe a great deal to Supermike and Coltsfan as well as all of the other forum leaders and moderators that have helped out over the years. With that being said... You and Professor02 stepped in and saved this site, I don't believe that the Chatter would exist today if not for you and Buddy. Thank you for all you have done...and all that you continue to do.

As for me... well... I'm going to continue to try not to mess it up too bad... huge shoes to fill ya know? :yes:
  • cindiloohoo, wyme and Donna like this

#3 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

Pesty's comment : http://gawnews.com/t...atter-by-pesty/
  • Quasar likes this

#4 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thoughts from someone who has been around since the old Hey Martha days ...... It's been a wild ride!
  • cindiloohoo, GrumpyGranny and Quasar like this

#5 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

I never posted on Hey Martha, or if I did it was rare. Sorry you all missed out. :laugh:

I am thankful for the Chatter. As someone who believes it is so very important for citizens to be involved, in order to hold their elected officials accountable - I am extremely glad to have a place that I feel accomplishes that pretty well. Even if people don't always respond, I know they read!

Accountability, transparency, and sometimes a bully pulpit. I can't and don't want to imagine a county without it!
  • kelley, Quasar and Mary Moore Marconi like this

#6 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

No matter what the administrators accomplished by setting up and maintaining the site, we would have gotten nowhere fast if it weren't for the site members...All the set-up and maintenance involved in the site wouldn't mean squat without the members!

We have many who joined on July 19, 2010...the first day this version of Chatter became available. Many of those members were posting on the first Chatter when it went down. While some of these members have moved on, many of them are still posting today...TLIES, Kelley, Not Super But Honest Mike, Ironhorse, Had About Enough, Bedford, Curmudgeon, Hoosiertaxpayer, Reverend Richard, Integrity Matters...I could go on and on...We appreciate all of our long time members and everything, well almost everything, they add to the site.

We have such a wide range of people and personalities, varied thoughts and opinions on everything from politics to what the weather will be like tomorrow. Some members like a good, thoughtful discussion; some like sarcasm; some add a little comic relief...

We appreciate our new members, too, of course. Without them the site would get stale. Some of the old timers, including me, are so used to each other we pretty well know what the other old timers' reactions will be to a topic. Our new members shake things up, keep us from falling into a rut and we appreciate that.

I won't lie and say I haven't had my favorites, even among those who have had their account closed for one reason or another. I miss WhatChaNeed...he sure could get me riled, but he also added a lot of good stuff to discussions! Hoosiertaxpayer and I have gone round and round, but I consider him one of my best online friends. Jeff All My Life and I don't always agree but I think our opinions are more similar than we thought at first, before we got to know each other a bit. Bikerdude...what can I say? He makes it so easy for me to smack him!

And, of course, the Chatter Chicks...that not so secret "secret society". We don't meet like we used to, but they are a fine bunch of women and are definitely in the friend catagory!

I consider all the members a part of my family...my kids. Like my real life kids, all of you are important to me. Whether you're behaving or unruly, whether I want to hug you or smack you, whether I "see" you every day or once a month...you all mean the world to me and I thank you for making this site, and by extension, me a part of your life.
  • TLIES, Quasar, Bikerdude and 2 others like this

#7 cindiloohoo

cindiloohoo

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

I had just recently joined the Hey Martha forum when it was abruptly discontinued, and I was very happy to see that a new community had been set up to take its place so quickly. One of the best things about the Chatter, in my opinion, is that folks here, no matter what their political or personal differences might be, always seem to be willing to put those differences aside and band together to help out however they can when someone in the community is in need. :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed the History of the Chatter posts, GG. Hopefully the Chatter will be around for a very long time and there will be a lot more chapters to write in the future.
  • GrumpyGranny, Quasar and Donna like this

#8 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

No matter what the administrators accomplished by setting up and maintaining the site, we would have gotten nowhere fast if it weren't for the site members...All the set-up and maintenance involved in the site wouldn't mean squat without the members!

We have many who joined on July 19, 2010...the first day this version of Chatter became available. Many of those members were posting on the first Chatter when it went down. While some of these members have moved on, many of them are still posting today...TLIES, Kelley, Not Super But Honest Mike, Ironhorse, Had About Enough, Bedford, Curmudgeon, Hoosiertaxpayer, Reverend Richard, Integrity Matters...I could go on and on...We appreciate all of our long time members and everything, well almost everything, they add to the site.

We have such a wide range of people and personalities, varied thoughts and opinions on everything from politics to what the weather will be like tomorrow. Some members like a good, thoughtful discussion; some like sarcasm; some add a little comic relief...

We appreciate our new members, too, of course. Without them the site would get stale. Some of the old timers, including me, are so used to each other we pretty well know what the other old timers' reactions will be to a topic. Our new members shake things up, keep us from falling into a rut and we appreciate that.

I won't lie and say I haven't had my favorites, even among those who have had their account closed for one reason or another. I miss WhatChaNeed...he sure could get me riled, but he also added a lot of good stuff to discussions! Hoosiertaxpayer and I have gone round and round, but I consider him one of my best online friends. Jeff All My Life and I don't always agree but I think our opinions are more similar than we thought at first, before we got to know each other a bit. Bikerdude...what can I say? He makes it so easy for me to smack him!

And, of course, the Chatter Chicks...that not so secret "secret society". We don't meet like we used to, but they are a fine bunch of women and are definitely in the friend catagory!

I consider all the members a part of my family...my kids. Like my real life kids, all of you are important to me. Whether you're behaving or unruly, whether I want to hug you or smack you, whether I "see" you every day or once a month...you all mean the world to me and I thank you for making this site, and by extension, me a part of your life.

:laugh: ...........

Yeah.......'em chics...... :shifty: .......got'a git'em stir'd up ever once'n while......hahahahahaha...... :tongue:
  • GrumpyGranny and Quasar like this

#9 TLIES

TLIES

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

I have been here since the beginning of the Old " Martha" forum .

I think of the chatter like I do my home.

I have never moved in my lifetime. Live in the same house I grew up in, and don't plan on going anywhere any time soon.
  • GrumpyGranny, kelley, Quasar and 1 other like this

#10 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Yeah, Cindi, you said it best, "One of the best things about the Chatter, in my opinion, is that folks here, no matter what their political or personal differences might be, always seem to be willing to put those differences aside and band together to help out however they can when someone in the community is in need. :thumbsup: "

and you, too, GG, "I consider all the members a part of my family...my kids. Like my real life kids, all of you are important to me. Whether you're behaving or unruly, whether I want to hug you or smack you, whether I "see" you every day or once a month...you all mean the world to me and I thank you for making this site, and by extension, me a part of your life."

And, then, there's 'Dude, "git'em chics :shifty: stir'd up ever once'n while......" Well, it's the DUDE! That's the nicest thing about CCC, we make allowances! Ha, ha, ha!
  • GrumpyGranny, kelley and Quasar like this

#11 Gabriella

Gabriella

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

I too had just joined the Hey Martha site and poof! It was gone! Found the chatter by some miracle or another, the first one, and am still on this one from time to time. Met some good people here in real life, thanks to the chatter, and enjoyed some good fun with the chicks. Hey, I even found a job on here a few years back! So, in short, thanks to SuperMike, Coltsfan and all the moderators. Long live the CCC!
  • cindiloohoo, kelley and Quasar like this

#12 dman

dman

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

i never post, except rarely in sellersburg (because nothing happens here). but i lurked on the "old" chatter. and have been around since the beginning of this incarnation. while sometimes things get petty, i have learned a lot from hanging around the CCC and i am very thankful for SM, GG, Quasar, etc and all those who have put the effort into it's start up and continued existence.
  • GrumpyGranny, kelley and Quasar like this

#13 Ironhorse

Ironhorse

Vespa Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

It's kinda like family on here. If I don't post at least I look to see what's going on. I gotta say it's been fun hitting on the politicians every chance I get. They deserve it. Election season on the Chatter is my favorite time of year. Every one has a different opinion and 90% of them are wrong. I bet I don't know a handfull of people on here, but I feel like I know all of you. I had my first political argument on here when it was Hey Martha with Kevin Vissing. He's still fun to mess with, I just don't do it as much. Hope the Chatter is here years to come, mornings wouldn't be the same with out it.
  • MBHeights1, GrumpyGranny, kelley and 4 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users